Air arrivals required to prove they are negative to Covid-19, or take blood test upon arrival

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I had not seen anything on the CV19 sniffing dogs. Interesting that their sense of smell can detect virus particles.

The entire pandemic started with only one person being infected. Even 12 mistakes out of 200 should keep the pandemic alive indefinitely.
todys testing methods and the leak of sufficient testing kitts at all, makes fora way higher than just 6% error.
so such Dogs would be a 1000% improvement of actual testing procedures with days and weeksto wait for results.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Because there is no law , at least in the US, mandating airlines to do so?

Just a wild guess on my part.
every contry can make it mandatory for all travelers to their country, to have that done before boarding, and no permissionof the USA or any other country necessary.
the DR would not be the first country with such ruling and hopefully it will become the norm, soon.

LGA777

Aug 7, 2020
Bronx, New York
First time poster, long term fan of this site and regular visitor to and fan of Republica Domincana. This is a two part post that I think/hope will be helpful to some of you. We live in NYC and getting a PCR test within 5 days has basically become pretty much impossible. My wife (who has dual citizenship) daughter, and father in-law traveled to SDQ a few days ago. Everywhere we called to get the test was saying 7 to 10 business days. Then I found a place in Manhattan quoting 3 to 5 days and they said some were coming back the next day. So they trekked into Time Square, waited outside in a long line in the heat for over 2 hours but got tested. My daughters results came back 2 business days later but the other two are still not back (1 family but sent to 3 different labs, why?) Now this place is quoting 10-15 days and they told me the line can go for blocks, ugh. Part two: So they traveled anyway one day late because of the tropical storm and here is what happened. They barely looked at my daughters 6 day old PCR results and my wife was smart enough to show the form that they had been tested 6 days ago but still waiting for results. After about 5 seconds they were waved through and my wife did see some people from their flight actually being tested but only a few. Its about a 40 minute drive from SDQ to casa de familia and from the flights arrival time at the gate to them walking in their front door was an unbelievable 65 minutes and they had 5 checked bags, a true miracle. Sorry so long winded, I hoped this helped and maybe entertained some of you.

Cheers LGA777

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
every contry can make it mandatory for all travelers to their country, to have that done before boarding, and no permissionof the USA or any other country necessary.
the DR would not be the first country with such ruling and hopefully it will become the norm, soon.
Could and would are two very different things. I do not expect that to happen, but that is just me.

Post 143 reflects what my cousin, who mans a NY hotline on CV19, told me about testing in NY State. Virtually Impossible to get a CV19 test in less than 5 days.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Perhaps the inconveniences have small effects. But there is no way to shut down such a contagious virus without some way of building herd immunity.

Has anyone heard of cases where people have been confirmed without a doubt of having CV19 twice?
The only one I’m aware of was a lady in Quebec who was supposedly virus free after being treated for it and then contracted it again. Happened about two months ago. The jaw dropper now is the spike in school kids
in the Georgia area. Schools opened two weeks ago and approximately 95,000 kids are infected. Saw this on the news last night. Children worldwide have been dying from the virus, some because of other complications and the virus, but in relatively low numbers. Many survive but some have lasting complications. Three to four weeks from now things may get very interesting in Georgia.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Apologies Windy. The 95,000 number is incorrect. There has been an increase but no where near that.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Apologies Windy. The 95,000 number is incorrect. There has been an increase but no where near that.
The actual US Infection numbers Country wide according to the American Academy of Paediatrics are 338,000 children to date. 100,000 of those occurred during the last two weeks of July. Spikes are occurring or expected to occur now that schools are opening. Given the small size of some of the campo schools in the DR, and the limited room for social distancing, the new government is going to have to address the issue of school openings as soon as they assume power.

SCristo

So it goes
Aug 10, 2020
Bronx NY
Hello all. First time poster, long time reader. Been traveling from NYC to DR (wife's family is from San Cristobal) for nearly 15 years.
Just to provide some information regarding getting a PCR test. In NYC, public hospitals provide free testing, no appointment necessary, turnaround time for results is 2-3 days. In and out yesterday in 35 minutes. Going to a clinic with a 10 day wait for a test result is incredibly ludicrous.
I fly in Friday. Let's see how it goes.

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
Last night, a friend of mine from CA, informed me that he was in NY to connect to a SDQ flight but that he was unable to get a COVID test done in his hometown on time. I told him, based on what little I know that he will most likely be taken to a different queue and administered the test at SDQ. His flight was due for arrival around midnight he said and so I contacted him this morning about an hour back.
Here is what he stated " Yeah, I got here late last night. No test at airport, Easy peasy".
On probing further: "They just took our photo, that's it" - he did not know why.
On the Health declaration form and if he had to hand it over, he was: "No".

He was sleepy and so I did not bother any further but certainly, it appears that there is no standard operating procedure one would think the situation merits....

Sep 22, 2009
Last night, a friend of mine from CA, informed me that he was in NY to connect to a SDQ flight but that he was unable to get a COVID test done in his hometown on time. I told him, based on what little I know that he will most likely be taken to a different queue and administered the test at SDQ. His flight was due for arrival around midnight he said and so I contacted him this morning about an hour back.
Here is what he stated " Yeah, I got here late last night. No test at airport, Easy peasy".
On probing further: "They just took our photo, that's it" - he did not know why.
On the Health declaration form and if he had to hand it over, he was: "No".

He was sleepy and so I did not bother any further but certainly, it appears that there is no standard operating procedure one would think the situation merits....
Stringent controls

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Stringent controls
I don't think that was a photo. I had it yesterday. It was just to place your head in the visual circle for what I believed to be a temp check. There was a green light and a red light. Went green hombre said"GO!" Red light they chopped your head off with a different machine.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I don't think that was a photo. I had it yesterday. It was just to place your head in the visual circle for what I believed to be a temp check. There was a green light and a red light. Went green hombre said"GO!" Red light they chopped your head off with a different machine.
Reason I know this is because I had the same thing done at the barber this past Saturday.

Sep 22, 2009
I just asked Alexa to help with this post.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I did see 3 "medical personnel" (In white jackets) We passed them in the walkway going from the plane to immigrations. They were walking toward the plane. At that point I was really confused as to whether or not we were going to have a test.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
First time poster, long term fan of this site and regular visitor to and fan of Republica Domincana. This is a two part post that I think/hope will be helpful to some of you. We live in NYC and getting a PCR test within 5 days has basically become pretty much impossible. My wife (who has dual citizenship) daughter, and father in-law traveled to SDQ a few days ago. Everywhere we called to get the test was saying 7 to 10 business days. Then I found a place in Manhattan quoting 3 to 5 days and they said some were coming back the next day. So they trekked into Time Square, waited outside in a long line in the heat for over 2 hours but got tested. My daughters results came back 2 business days later but the other two are still not back (1 family but sent to 3 different labs, why?) Now this place is quoting 10-15 days and they told me the line can go for blocks, ugh. Part two: So they traveled anyway one day late because of the tropical storm and here is what happened. They barely looked at my daughters 6 day old PCR results and my wife was smart enough to show the form that they had been tested 6 days ago but still waiting for results. After about 5 seconds they were waved through and my wife did see some people from their flight actually being tested but only a few. Its about a 40 minute drive from SDQ to casa de familia and from the flights arrival time at the gate to them walking in their front door was an unbelievable 65 minutes and they had 5 checked bags, a true miracle. Sorry so long winded, I hoped this helped and maybe entertained some of you.

Cheers LGA777
The screening process will never be better than their weakest
link. I personally know a few people who passed through DR customs
recently with very little attention being paid to whether or not they've
recently been tested. Creates a false sense of security in my opinion.

Reactions: Andre14615

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Infected American flies home.... gets rejected by the USA

Said traveler returns to the DR.... tests positive...... quarantined

A lose-lose siutation
It does not really sound right but it underlines what I have been saying that its more what other countries do in relation to the DR and their pressure on the dr than its what the dr is doing and people here on dr1 being pessimistic