Air arrivals required to prove they are negative to Covid-19, or take blood test upon arrival

LGA777

Aug 7, 2020
Bronx, New York
So I flew into SDQ yesterday mid afternoon pretty crowded flight, I got my picture taken and that was it, didnt ask to see my negative covid test form (that I went to a lot of trouble to get) and as far as testing I dont know if they all went to lunch, or took the day off but I all I saw were two empty tables, with around 8 empty chairs but knowone around. If this becomes the new norm maybe more people will come. Oh and also my jetBlue flight from JFK was a real mixed bag, lots of famlies, young adults, senior citizens needing wheelchairs, probably around 100 passengers and they had 5 flights JFK-SDQ yesterday. I hope this is helpful. Cheers. LGA777

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Since you cannot reliably and practically test arriving passengers after they land in the country it is best to keep the tourists confined to their resorts and not aimlessly commingling with the population. . Those bonafide tourists who aren't staying at resorts should probably not be allowed to come until both the origin country and the DR get a grip on infection rates and have the means to track, trace, and treat those who develop the disease while here.
bullshit.
then we would not need any toruism restart at all here.
ten you can keep each at their home and start traveling again in a few years when somebetter/faster reliable tests are available.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I received my test results(negative) by phone today. Took the test in the states a week ago this past Thursday.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SCristo

So it goes
Aug 10, 2020
Bronx NY
Flew in yesterday without issue. JFK-SDQ. No middle seats occupied unless sitting with companions. Boarding was done last row to first and attendants did a great job preventing the overhead bin looters from swiping storage space twenty rows forward from their seats.
Regarding the PCR test, I held out my wife's and my negative test result which some guy took a cursory glance at (only mine), did not look for a date or bother asking for any ID. Took the picture/temperature snap and done. Welcome to paradise or as I was saying in NYC a few months back, welcome to parasite😊

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
Since you cannot reliably and practically test arriving passengers after they land in the country it is best to keep the tourists confined to their resorts and not aimlessly commingling with the population. . Those bonafide tourists who aren't staying at resorts should probably not be allowed to come until both the origin country and the DR get a grip on infection rates and have the means to track, trace, and treat those who develop the disease while here.

The AIs have thousands of employees who are in contact - sometimes in very close contact - with those tourists.

Can be seen in every tourist destination on this planet, the staff gets infected and spreads it via family all over the country.

Did not work out in cuba either, where they did it on AI islands and now they have more cases then ever before.

A nonsens idea does not get better with repeating it. Just thinking can proof its nonsens, but now additional the proof can be found in all those places like the other tourist countries.

The non AI tourists may be the more educated ones with the less risk. Can be seen in Spain that its the places for the cheap tourists which are worse

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
bullshit.
then we would not need any toruism restart at all here.
ten you can keep each at their home and start traveling again in a few years when somebetter/faster reliable tests are available.

agreed. But the testing could be done right now, no need to wait.

The airport in Vienna is doing the reliable PCR in 3 hours for the last 3 month now. They had only once a system failure of 4 hours.

right now they are at maximum capacity, they have to expand the capacity.But overall there is a 60000 tests per month capacity only for tourism without any extra efforts.

If they want and put in the money in it can be scaled up much higher.

The technology is there, it can be done.

The rapid blood tests in the DR seem to be a complete failure. I know of 4 cases which surely had covid ( complete loss of smell shortly after exposure among other symptoms which is really only a covid Symptom in that form of 100% loss from one minute to the other as this happens to be the first symptom within 1-2 days) but tested negative in the hospital on the rapid bloodtest. The doctor prescribed covid treatment anyway. That favorite dominican parasit medicament and that antibiotica the clorocinin-fanboys are taking too.

I was thinking rapid tests hace a thing with false positives - as can be seen false negatives are likely too.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Travelers need to test negative before they arrive at their destination. This means the home country somehow has to be able to administer reliable tests on travelers and get the results back before the intended travel date. This gets back to my premise that more testing is needed everywhere and everyone should be able to get tested quickly. Society needs to know who is sick so the appropriate measures can be taken and the airlines need to know who is sick so they don' transport these people around the world to infect others on the plane or in different destination countries. It's all about testing. More funding for testing, more labs to process the tests and a quick means of getting the test results aback to public health officials, doctors and the patients themselves. Knowledge is power and knowing who is sick is where mitigation of further patient health and health system problems begins. "Jacking an arriving tourist off the street" because they have antibodies is not helpful for tourism, or the tourist who may or may not even be ill.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Travelers need to test negative before they arrive at their destination.
I see this happening never with regards to passengers from the USA.
But I could be wrong.

Turns out they are not even bothering to check people arriving at airports.
What a surprise.

Maybe that will change after today? Big changes in other parts of the government for sure.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I arrive in couple days. They can test me. I’m healthy, but I know the science. I will not cheat. Damn the torpedos
How do you know you are not positive for CV 19?
You can feel fine and be a spreader who infects other people.
All the tests have a significant amount of error with the best ones being about 15%.
The chance of having a false positive does not concern you?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Travelers need to test negative before they arrive at their destination. This means the home country somehow has to be able to administer reliable tests on travelers and get the results back before the intended travel date. This gets back to my premise that more testing is needed everywhere and everyone should be able to get tested quickly. Society needs to know who is sick so the appropriate measures can be taken and the airlines need to know who is sick so they don' transport these people around the world to infect others on the plane or in different destination countries. It's all about testing. More funding for testing, more labs to process the tests and a quick means of getting the test results aback to public health officials, doctors and the patients themselves. Knowledge is power and knowing who is sick is where mitigation of further patient health and health system problems begins. "Jacking an arriving tourist off the street" because they have antibodies is not helpful for tourism, or the tourist who may or may not even be ill.
Considering the realities of testing it is very hard to have your test results in the 5 day period of time.
I read that the testing for all incoming was an utter fail and now it is only random and a blood stick.
Testing in sufficient numbers has been the issue from the get go.
I have some hope for a cheap at home saliva test with instant results.
Anyone get the throat and nasal swap test?
It is very unpleasant and you will not want to do it again.
Any testing that takes 7 to 10 days for results is of little value in reducing community spread.

Reactions: Andre14615

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There was zero doubt in my mind that requiring people to have tests in hand when they board a plane or testing them here was going to be an utter failure. It was at best a political move ignoring all the realities needed to make it happen.

There simply are not enough tests for this to happen. Not ever. There will be a vaccine (at least a glimmer of hope on that in the NY Times today regarding herd immunity) and the world will be on to other things before there are enough tests.