Air Conditioner repairer...problems recommended person

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
awesome

how about a simple directory -- eg from the DR yellow pages, i imagine this could be purchased somewhere. This would have most local businesses in it.

Then each registered DR1 user could just vote on any entry they wanted with only thumbs up or thumbs down. That would limit the emotion and legal liability, but provide a way to track consistently good or bad businesses over time. It would be a useful resource and then businesses could advertise on it, providing revenue for DR1.

i think that's a great idea. Robert, if you dont have any further legal problems as a result of approvals or dissaprovals i think this is a great way to vote and get you revenue for the website. ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In reality we have already started to do this for some sectors in Santo Domingo.

At the dr1guide Santo Domingo you can rate and review many businesses.

Directory - dr1guide Directory

This will slowly be expanded to other areas of the country.

I know it's not a perfect solution, but it's a start.
Also, the dr1guide Directory has a large update coming this week adding Google maps and updated listings.

Aug 21, 2007
The original poster never stated where she is posting from. I, too, have a Jose the electrician. He is a man with much integrity. He is my general handyman, aside from being an electrician.

Tish's post made me question him, yet there are many Jose's in the DR and many men who call themselves electricians.

Does Tish speak Spanish? Did she try to contact Jose the electrician?

If, in case, Tish lives on the North Coast and it is the same Jose the electrician whom I use, I would be happy to help by contacting him. As I said, my electrician, Jose, is a man of integrity. I send his children to school.

I think we need more information before we so recklessly post names and information degrading a person with such a common name as Jose.

Thanks-
Lindsey

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Robert,
Just curious... what brings attorneys around to your door for bad reviews, but sites like tripadvisor can exist with both good/bad reviews?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I think Jose deserves whatever he gets. I get really tired of these crappy repair jobs in the DR. I read the previous thread - basically jose offered a flat big for the job to install an AC. Then he found numerous problems with the install, and has wanted to charge far more money to get the job done.

If he's a good tech, he should be able to diagnose problems BEFORE the job starts -- its not acceptable to start a job, then find problems and want to change the price, then vanish when there's a problem. IMHO this kind of practice borders on fraud. Why couldn't all these problems be diagnosed BEFORE starting, so Tish could make an accurate financial decision.

Below is Tish's complaint in the other thread.

If Jose wants to be taken seriously, he needs to go back to Tish, and resolve things one way or another. If he doesn't want to finish the job himself then he can transition it off to someone else. Otherwise he deserves to be blacklisted.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/94115-air-conditioner-repairer-3.html

I'm having second thoughts about Jose. He has been working on our AC since Sunday. He installed a new compressor on Monday and the AC is still blowing out warm air. He charged us 3800, including a new on/off switch plus labour charges to complete the work. He's now saying that the fan on the roof is also faulty. He's also saying that our faulty electrical cables had damaged the old compressor and that to prevent our new compressor from, also, damaging we need to pay a further 3500. This cost will include replacing our, apparently, thin cables with thicker ones, albeit secondhand.

He says that it's evident the cables need changing, as the lights in our house keep dimming and brightening whenever the automatic water pump turns on and off. Jose's not coming back now until Saturday afternoon. He says he has other jobs to do in the north.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think I'll merge the two threads so there is no misunderstanding who the guy is. Lindsey if it's not your guy let me know and I'll delete your post if you like.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I think I'll merge the two threads so there is no misunderstanding who the guy is.

That sounds like a very good idea, Anna.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Tish lives in Santiago.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert,
Just curious... what brings attorneys around to your door for bad reviews, but sites like tripadvisor can exist with both good/bad reviews?

Robert isn't online right now but this is what I think. When reviews come from the general public it's expected and excepted but when a site as big as DR1.com puts out an "official blacklist" then it's easier to go after a couple of owners then trying to sue dozens of people with usernames.

I'm just guessing ;)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Well not an electriction but

I think Jose deserves whatever he gets. I get really tired of these crappy repair jobs in the DR. I read the previous thread - basically jose offered a flat big for the job to install an AC. Then he found numerous problems with the install, and has wanted to charge far more money to get the job done.

If he's a good tech, he should be able to diagnose problems BEFORE the job starts -- its not acceptable to start a job, then find problems and want to change the price, then vanish when there's a problem. IMHO this kind of practice borders on fraud. Why couldn't all these problems be diagnosed BEFORE starting, so Tish could make an accurate financial decision.

Below is Tish's complaint in the other thread.

If Jose wants to be taken seriously, he needs to go back to Tish, and resolve things one way or another. If he doesn't want to finish the job himself then he can transition it off to someone else. Otherwise he deserves to be blacklisted.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/94115-air-conditioner-repairer-3.html

I'm having second thoughts about Jose. He has been working on our AC since Sunday. He installed a new compressor on Monday and the AC is still blowing out warm air. He charged us 3800, including a new on/off switch plus labour charges to complete the work. He's now saying that the fan on the roof is also faulty. He's also saying that our faulty electrical cables had damaged the old compressor and that to prevent our new compressor from, also, damaging we need to pay a further 3500. This cost will include replacing our, apparently, thin cables with thicker ones, albeit secondhand.

He says that it's evident the cables need changing, as the lights in our house keep dimming and brightening whenever the automatic water pump turns on and off. Jose's not coming back now until Saturday afternoon. He says he has other jobs to do in the north.

I don't know about the cables needing changed but the pump sounds like it needs to be on its own circuit which would involve running a new circuit from your breaker box to the pump. this would separate it from the rest of the house. But if your dimming then your pulling more juice for the pump from the rest of the house, Is your A/C on its own circuit, as it should be.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I'm a bit late coming into this thread, but would like to express that DR1 member Lucille has contributed many post's that have helped others with use full information. From someone asking about a good dentist to companies that ship cars to DR, she has supplied information for those needing it. Do a search of her post's and you will see what I mean.

I know her personally and without hesitation can say that she is a person that has both honesty and integrity. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
clarification

Hi Lucille,

Listen we're having loads of problems with this technician you recommended me.

He never showed up with this borrowed truck the other day. How long did you say he guarantees his work for?

He's, also, taken off with our microwave. He said he'd fix it as a 'regala' for us, but this was three weeks ago.

Please could you contact him for me.

Thanks

Tish

Tish:

I contact Jose Miguel and he is waiting for your call, to see if you solve your problem with Edenorte. He said your a/c is working fine and the problem is that you are not connect to "EDENORTE" .
And he returned your microwave.....
Your ac needs 220 and "your connection "is 110.
Here is Jose Miguel phone number, anyone who wants to know what is going on with this case can feel free to contact him. 809-842-7226
I personally, have no other interest than to help and anytime Mrs. Tish need to contact him I was there for her.
He said "he can go anywhere, even to court, because he did fixed her AC. and he does give a guarantee , the problem is other .
all stories have two sides.
The reason I did not reply before is because I don't want to make public what the other problem is , but is not fear that even you know what is going on, you talk bad about someone, when is not true.
Jose Miguel works around where I live here in Santiago, Reparto Universitario, and he works for the owners of a prestige restaurant who are my neighbords that is how I met him.(he is a very good technician) IMHO
He is willing to come back to Mrs. Tish and fix anything related to the a/c, when she has the correct connection.
Please, do not ask me any question related to this matter.
I will talk to Robert and moderators about this and any question just feel free to call directly to Mr. Jose Miguel . Thanks Lucille

Status
Not open for further replies.