Air Conditioner

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Anyone bought and had installed an inverter a/c recently?
What did you buy, where and did they install?
Looking for suggestions.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Anyone bought and had installed an inverter a/c recently?
What did you buy, where and did they install?
Looking for suggestions.
what is an inverter ac. Does it run off a charge? DOes it use much amps?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
what is an inverter ac. Does it run off a charge? DOes it use much amps?

I wouldn't buy a AC without inverter ... with an inverter you use 50% less Electric..... Some brands that are good is Samsung, TGM, air max.lennox

Remember one of the most important things you need to do is clean the air filter.. it's very simple to do but folks forget to do it...

Reactions: anng3

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I wouldn't buy a AC without inverter ... with an inverter you use 50% less Electric..... Some brands that are good is Samsung, TGM, air max.lennox

Remember one of the most important things you need to do is clean the air filter.. it's very simple to do but folks forget to do it...
Actually if you only use your AC to cool the bedroom for an hour or two before bed the electricity savings won't offset the higher cost of the Inverter AC.
If you live near the beach put in a cheapie as they all rust in 4 years.
Some of the newer ones have WiFi, so while you are sitting at the bar downing tequila shots you can send a command home to start cooling the room for you and the new found love of your life - or to just make the dog more comfortable............."Daddy's coming home"

• Haha
Reactions: anng3 and Peterj

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I looked at Casa Supply website looks like home furnishings.
Anyone know name of place near roof tile place?
Anyone buy from Joteca or Refripartes recently with install?
Looks like in past everyone suggested TGM. Still the case?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That would be Marcel Andris from Casa Supply.
Yes, it would be his company. They fabricate aluminum frame furniture and make the bracket to hold the outside AC compressor unit.
The bracket should outlast the AC unit.

Installation was done well for the new KTC which replaced a Samsung inverter unit that was destroyed by the salt air in 5 years.

Reactions: Buck and anng3

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I bought 2 Benelux split AC units with built in inverters almost 3 years ago. I had never heard of Benelux but after a bit of research I found they got their start in cooling IT rooms. I figured if they were good enough to cool hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment they where good enough to cool me.

There were not very expensive and are almost unnoticeable on the electric bill. I bought them at Plaza Lama (Electro Lama) in Bavaro. As Chico Bill said they are going to rust out and rot away anyways so we didn't spend the big$$.

Hope this helps.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Actually if you only use your AC to cool the bedroom for an hour or two before bed the electricity savings won't offset the higher cost of the Inverter AC.
If you live near the beach put in a cheapie as they all rust in 4 years.
Some of the newer ones have WiFi, so while you are sitting at the bar downing tequila shots you can send a command home to start cooling the room for you and the new found love of your life - or to just make the dog more comfortable............."Daddy's coming home"

Good point with the WIFI ......your on the money

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
From Conformatic / airesairmax - Next morning installation . Additional 2,500 pesos a month for electricity...average daily use . WIFI functionality very good . Works with Sensibo .

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I just bought one with inverter last week from Joteca's, at the intersection in Los Charamicos. It was installed with a 110-220 transformer. Price was about 30k w/transformer and installation. Also included the bracket for the inverter. Works great. The jefe speaks ok English.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
I bought 2 Benelux split AC units with built in inverters almost 3 years ago. I had never heard of Benelux but after a bit of research I found they got their start in cooling IT rooms. I figured if they were good enough to cool hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment they where good enough to cool me.

There were not very expensive and are almost unnoticeable on the electric bill. I bought them at Plaza Lama (Electro Lama) in Bavaro. As Chico Bill said they are going to rust out and rot away anyways so we didn't spend the big$$.

Hope this helps.

What! You have to notice some differences on your electric bill. I'm looking into these units right now.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I just bought one with inverter last week from Joteca's, at the intersection in Los Charamicos. It was installed with a 110-220 transformer. Price was about 30k w/transformer and installation. Also included the bracket for the inverter. Works great. The jefe speaks ok English.
Was it new and how many BTU's and Seer rating?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
From Conformatic / airesairmax - Next morning installation . Additional 2,500 pesos a month for electricity...average daily use . WIFI functionality very good . Works with Sensibo .
Where is Conformatic located? Never heard of it. What was price and what is Sensibo?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I looked at Casa Supply website looks like home furnishings.
Anyone know name of place near roof tile place?
Anyone buy from Joteca or Refripartes recently with install?
Looks like in past everyone suggested TGM. Still the case?
TGM is still one of the most used models. I had to replace a fan in the one I am using right now in my music studio. It failed just after the one year warranty.