Air Conditioning Help

DRandGR

Aug 27, 2007
Our central air unit has finally bit the dust. It's rusted beyond repair. We were advised to go with split units for various reasons. We saw some at a reasonable price at Corripio. Any thoughts on a better place to buy? Any recommendations for an installer? Thanks

Reactions: JD Jones

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Corripio is the best in the area for appliances. Ask for a discount for cash in pesos and you should get 10% off. I bought a washer dryer and they installed it gratis, should be the same for you.........

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Where are you located ? And what voltage is available at your meter 220 volts or only 110v ?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Seriously consider an Inverter Split A/C. The higher the number the better. Costs more up front but you'll be surprised at your electric bill.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
You can check out Refripartes and Refricenter both are authorized dealers and installers. As you will need an authorized installer for your warranty to be valid. Also as was said previously try to get a unit with at least an 18 or higher SEER rating. We have purchased Daikin units from Refripartes and have been pleased. Will be purchasing 4 more units from them in the coming weeks.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I concur with Sky Corripio but I would still shop around where they will try and gouge you is in the pricing for the tubing that is required .. most like they will want to see your apt for better pricing ...................................................I have Inverter Split A/C. in all my rooms works very well TGM . Lennox. get inverters you will be happy in the long run with run electric bill

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I concur with Sky Corripio but I would still shop around where they will try and gouge you is in the pricing for the tubing that is required .. most like they will want to see your apt for better pricing ...................................................I have Inverter Split A/C. in all my rooms works very well TGM . Lennox. get inverters you will be happy in the long run with run electric bill
Whenever you buy an split A/C, you also have to buy a generic A/C installation kit that comes with everything required to install it. It has an ample supply of tubing included and most of the installations I've seen the installer will coil up the excess and hide it behind the outside unit.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Whenever you buy an split A/C, you also have to buy a generic A/C installation kit that comes with everything required to install it. It has an ample supply of tubing included and most of the installations I've seen the installer will coil up the excess and hide it behind the outside unit.
I disgrace , not from a second floor apt when the compressor is not allowed to hand on the outside of the build . needs to be on the ground floor

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Before we sold our place we bought 2 split units from Electro Lama. They offered free basic installation and they did a great job. Corripio is good but before you make a decision check out the AC stores on the way into Veron, and the AC store at Friusa. You what to stick to a name brand as the cheapie China stuff just doesn't last in that climate and high humidity close to the beach.
You will also note a drastic drop in your CEPM bill as split units use a fraction of Central AC.
Also make sure it has a built in inverter.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I disgrace , not from a second floor apt when the compressor is not allowed to hand on the outside of the build . needs to be on the ground floor
For what it's worth, here is mine. Both of my A/C's are installed like this. Other A/C's in our apartment building have the same set up on all three floors. Mine is the only one where the coil of tubing is wrapped.
1680719112800.jpeg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No a/c for me.
Fans only with no mold problems. I installed screens on the windows so I can enjoy the constant breeze (a few stories up) along the veiw which is amazing. Temperature is perfect here year round where I live. Zero complaints.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If I lived a few floors up I probably wouldn't have it either.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Are these inverter split a/c units like those from Daikin sized for 110 volt homes?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I know they come in 110V versions, but I've never seen one. It may be because I was never looking for one.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
Are these inverter split a/c units like those from Daikin sized for 110 volt homes?
There are not many that are 110 but I did see one from TGM that is 110 but only for the 12000 btu model. Anything bigger than 12000 btu’s is going to be 220.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
There are not many that are 110 but I did see one from TGM that is 110 but only for the 12000 btu model. Anything bigger than 12000 btu’s is going to be 220.
Yeah I'd read that 110 was limited to under 12,000 btu's but in Sajoma and just one bedroom, that's gonna be plenty. I'm not familiar with TGM. Is that a manufacturer or a business? Where could I check it out? Thanks DRforme.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah I'd read that 110 was limited to under 12,000 btu's but in Sajoma and just one bedroom, that's gonna be plenty. I'm not familiar with TGM. Is that a manufacturer or a business? Where could I check it out? Thanks DRforme.
TGM is a brand. Any refrigeration place will probably have them in stock.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Isn't a monoblock the same thing as a portable A/C unit?