Air Europa Santo Domingo to Madrid - how is economy class?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
How good/bad is economy class on Air Europa?

I've never flown them... and now at over 6' tall possibly facing an 8 hour flight in economy. How is space? Business class is about $1500 more so I'm not crazy about that idea.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
I am 6'0 too seating was tight but not worse than a lot others..food was ok but they only serve 2 free drinks during meals and ocassionally water. Being a good book cuz half of the inseat entertainment is broken

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If you're lucky you could fly on their new B787 Dreamliner. They occasionally use it on that route.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I have flown some years ago, same as other cheap airlines. I think with long legs it is worth paying the extra to get one of those seats with extra leg room (though they are sometime near the toilets !).

First/Business class rates are just crazy, I can never buy any of those when I can think of all the things I can do with that extra money... ! lol

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Update. Flew roundtrip Air Europa to Madrid/SDQ in coach. Clean, comfortable, no real amenities such as power sources or entertainment in the seat backs. Just a few screens scattered thru the cabin and headphones for those so inclined to watch. Also no individual controls for airflow at the seats.

Plane was an A-300

Legroom (which was my concern) was not so bad in the standard coach seats. Survived the 8+ hour flight out just fine. Return flight I purchased exit row seats which did improve the experience.
On another flight during the period I also got to fly in Air Europa's business class. Nothing "wow" but the lie flat seats and space would be welcome on a long flight... but not at 1500-2000 dollars more.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
How were the prices on Air Europa? Did they upgrade you to business? *I just did Mad to Mia on one of their oldest planes I think a 767. *The screens on the back of the chairs were terrible and the films would break up mid movie.*

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
How were the prices on Air Europa? Did they upgrade you to business? *I just did Mad to Mia on one of their oldest planes I think a 767. *The screens on the back of the chairs were terrible and the films would break up mid movie.*

I bought the tickets 2 weeks prior to flying. Santo Domingo round trip to Madrid was US$1250/person +$20-$50 euros to select seats. Baggage allowance was generous at 23kg checked and 10kg carry-on included for coach. It was the cheapest option I could find direct to Spain with the exception of Wow from Punta Cana. Iberia was significantly more at the time.

I changed my return flight city and date easily. The change fee was I think $80 plus the difference in flight cost.

The flight Paris to Madrid was an upgrade to business class for me and my companion. No idea why we got the upgrade but not complaining.

Overall the flights were on-time, seats were good, plane was newish, and customer service for flight changes was very good. I would fly Air Europa again if schedule and costs are right.