AirBnB Prohibits Parties Permanently

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
where was this place? Vatican city. Even the most expensive gated communities have gentleman that rent the entire mansion to host numerous chica laden pool parties. I might add with the blessing of the owner even supplying a cook. They are also loyal return customers, for years. Almost all hotels are chica friendly only requiring the chica to leave her cedula. Airbnb can do what they want with their platform, but the cash will find eager hands.

I know of a few in Orchid Bay who previously accepted single gentlemen groups who no longer allow them. Too many issues.

They are big time into weddings now.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Interesting comments here ... personally I'd rather not see a scene from 'Animal House' in the building next to me.

Reactions: jd426 and Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
where was this place? Vatican city. Even the most expensive gated communities have gentleman that rent the entire mansion to host numerous chica laden pool parties. I might add with the blessing of the owner even supplying a cook. They are also loyal return customers, for years. Almost all hotels are chica friendly only requiring the chica to leave her cedula. Airbnb can do what they want with their platform, but the cash will find eager hands.
This is about Airbnb rentals. Not private ones. Big difference some seem to be missing by pointing out exceptions to the topic at hand.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

You can believe it or not. No sweat. I know it's hard to accept, but the attitude towards p4p on the NC has been changing over the last decade.
That attitude will ramp up faster as more projects come in like the beach development. It's just a fact of life in areas that are changing to a different clientele.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You can believe it or not. No sweat. I know it's hard to accept, but the attitude towards p4p on the NC has been changing over the last decade.
That attitude will ramp up faster as more projects come in like the beach development.
If I said that D'arcy would call me out as predicting a certainty.

I agree that what you state is very likely, since I do so see a change a comin'.
I have for a while; more expats, less external tourists. That much is a definite reality.
The government really has it in for whoremongers. Note, that is not me, it is the government of the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They also don't care for the owners of the apartments/houses on Airbnb. Case in point, from June 28, 2022:
I'm sure they aren't. I didn't see anything about that in the video though(?). I hope that owner had a yuge security deposit.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They also don't care for the owners of the apartments/houses on Airbnb. Case in point, from June 28, 2022:

20 minute video of her Yapping , and she only has like the last 20 seconds showing a couple of damaged Pillows ,and a broken door ?
Hardly Trashed , imho... Bad Renters , yes .. but I was expecting a LOT more damage based on her dramatic video ..
( not defending these dudes at all) but this woman just talks a lot of stuff with no evidence which she could easily have provided .. Like the Pool having to be Drained .. etc

I'm sure they aren't. I didn't see anything about that in the video though(?). I hope that owner had a yuge security deposit.
I scanned the whole video , wasted my time waiting for this " Massive Damage" .. Nothing .. one broken door, and a couple of torn pillows , looks like the Wood was Rotten on that door , they probably Slammed it ...

Reactions: Big and cavok

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
She's a yapper, that's for sure.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Interesting comments here ... personally I'd rather not see a scene from 'Animal House' in the building next to me.
I hear ya, however in a town like Sosua most properties are in the line of fire so to speak

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the best thing about this is if you have a problem and call AirBnB you now know you will be listened to and the issue/owner will be addressed

We’ll see how effective it is but one article stated they had a 44% reduction in party complaints when they had a temporary ban
Hence the move to permanent

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
20 minute video of her Yapping , and she only has like the last 20 seconds showing a couple of damaged Pillows ,and a broken door ?
Hardly Trashed , imho... Bad Renters , yes .. but I was expecting a LOT more damage based on her dramatic video ..
( not defending these dudes at all) but this woman just talks a lot of stuff with no evidence which she could easily have provided .. Like the Pool having to be Drained .. etc

I scanned the whole video , wasted my time waiting for this " Massive Damage" .. Nothing .. one broken door, and a couple of torn pillows , looks like the Wood was Rotten on that door , they probably Slammed it ...
Maybe you should had seen the video rather than scanned it. How else would anyone know things such as she was insulted in front of her daughter by one of the people that were at the Airb&b, that they used the race card on her regarding the treatment or everything began to break/stop working/runout with this particular renter despite she had three different renters before and not a problem including not one pillow damaged.

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Maybe you should had seen the video rather than scanned it. How else would anyone know things such as she was insulted in front of her daughter by one of the people that were at the Airb&b are they used the race card on her regarding the treatment or everything begsn to break/stop working/runout when this particular renter despite she had three different renters before and not a problem including not one pillow damaged.

if damaged Pillows puts you out of Business , then maybe you should not be in in the Rental Business .
She made a very long video .. and only devoted SECONDS of it to show the PROOF of the damage ..
I have seen TRASHED Apartments and Homes .. this is nothing ..they would have lost their Deposit and maybe $200 more.

I really dont give a rats arse about her Tenant pulling any Race card , nor am I defending their actions ..
I am saying she is a Drama queen ,, who did not present her Case at all . nor much photo Evidence to back any of it up.
She makes Video Blogs and cant take Pictures of Damage ?
Please
If you had to drain a whole Pool, you would certainly have a Picture of it ..
Personally I think she Lied about a Lot of it .

It pains me to think people like you could ever be on a JURY one day

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
More and more condo associations and gated communities are banning Airbnb rentals since so many hosts seem to have a complete lack of common sense and respect for their neighbors when it comes to large groups and parties.
Knowing what they do to their own homes and neighborhoods you would have to be
an absolute fool to invite them into yours.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
If I said that D'arcy would call me out as predicting a certainty.

I agree that what you state is very likely, since I do so see a change a comin'.
I have for a while; more expats, less external tourists. That much is a definite reality.
The government really has it in for whoremongers. Note, that is not me, it is the government of the DR.
Perhaps your sense of humour needs a tune-up Mikey.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I had a friend who rented a house long term in Lomas Mironas, and it was quite a distance from an neighboring house.
But the house next to his became a well traveled site for the loud rap music and P4P crowd who made life unbearable even at 70 yards with loud shouting and obnoxious music till the wee hours - 4-5 AM. Sound travels a long way in the still of the night.

Behavior like that doesn't fly in a most communities and I doubt it flies even in their home city's neighborhoods.

I would like to see a reduction in the packs of whoremongers who always seem to arrive in large groups
Come alone, or maybe a couple of buddies and be respectful, there would be no issue.

I believe it is the pack mentality of those who travel strictly for the chance to one-up the other guy or even top their own previous night's spectacle that has created much of the North Coast resident's desire to discourage the rebel-rousing herd. Maybe their cell phone videos impress the folks back home who can't afford to come ?

I am no Puritan by a long shot but time to raise the bar a notch.