AirBnB Prohibits Parties Permanently

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I had a friend who rented a house long term in Lomas Mironas, and it was quite a distance from an neighboring house.
But the house next to his became a well traveled site for the loud rap music and P4P crowd who made life unbearable even at 70 yards with loud shouting and obnoxious music till the wee hours - 4-5 AM. Sound travels a long way in the still of the night.

Behavior like that doesn't fly in a most communities and I doubt it flies even in their home city's neighborhoods.

I would like to see a reduction in the packs of whoremongers who always seem to arrive in large groups
Come alone, or maybe a couple of buddies and be respectful, there would be no issue.

I believe it is the pack mentality of those who travel strictly for the chance to one-up the other guy or even top their own previous night's spectacle that has created much of the North Coast resident's desire to discourage the rebel-rousing herd. Maybe their cell phone videos impress the folks back home who can't afford to come ?

I am no Puritan by a long shot but time to raise the bar a notch.
Pack or mob mentality always turns for the worse. More so when the 'pack' is from out of country/town/ neighborhood/reality.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Pack or mob mentality always turns for the worse. More so when the 'pack' is from out of country/town/ neighborhood/reality.
Yeah I guess they they are making up for the lost time they spend alone with their Jergens lotion and tissues back home.
Funny thing is they don't realize how childish they look - 40 & 50-year old men acting like roving teenagers.

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I had a friend who rented a house long term in Lomas Mironas, and it was quite a distance from an neighboring house.
But the house next to his became a well traveled site for the loud rap music and P4P crowd who made life unbearable even at 70 yards with loud shouting and obnoxious music till the wee hours - 4-5 AM. Sound travels a long way in the still of the night.

Behavior like that doesn't fly in a most communities and I doubt it flies even in their home city's neighborhoods.

I would like to see a reduction in the packs of whoremongers who always seem to arrive in large groups
Come alone, or maybe a couple of buddies and be respectful, there would be no issue.

I believe it is the pack mentality of those who travel strictly for the chance to one-up the other guy or even top their own previous night's spectacle that has created much of the North Coast resident's desire to discourage the rebel-rousing herd. Maybe their cell phone videos impress the folks back home who can't afford to come ?

I am no Puritan by a long shot but time to raise the bar a notch.
I hear ya C.B, however the town has embraced and encouraged the flesh trade for decades$$. Much like Vegas welcomes drunk gamblers. There are some quiet pockets around town, however I don't know what is worse, a pack of drunk corrections officers from the northeast spending a mountain of overtime cash on the chicas or non- stop motos w/o mufflers racing around all day and night selling weed and blue pills.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I hear ya C.B, however the town has embraced and encouraged the flesh trade for decades$$. Much like Vegas welcomes drunk gamblers. There are some quiet pockets around town, however I don't know what is worse, a pack of drunk corrections officers from the northeast spending a mountain of overtime cash on the chicas or non- stop motos w/o mufflers racing around all day and night selling weed and blue pills.
I am OK with the flesh trade just not what is has descended to. It has become the lowest class of people on both sides of the 'horizontal position'. ( I guess it isn't always horizontal.
I remember it used to seem to be a higher class of working girl and customer.

I guess this is why we studied 'lowest common denominator' in math eh ?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Maybe I'm naïve but the 3 days I was there we saw less hoes that we see in Boca Chica. We didn't stay out too late, in fact I think one night we stayed out to 11 and that was the latest. We stayed at the Hotel Piero Sousa and it was quiet with a very nice pool. I would have no problems going again.

Reactions: ctrob

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Every time I think about what you did, I laugh.
Every time I see someone post Steve McNee's song about you and Rocky, I laugh.
Every time I see "gentleman" used instead of whoremonger, I laugh.

Nothing is wrong with my sense of humor.
Mikey:

Thanks for letting us all know how low you'll stoop. When you look up hypocrite in "Websters's" there's an ugly photo of you...
Thanks for publicly outing the pool boy. Karma seems to be dealing with him just fine ;)
Thanks for clarifying that you're not a gentleman in any sense of the word, but we already knew that

• Sad
Reactions: Big

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Flesh trade is live and well in Dominican Republic much bigger and better in other areas compared to small town Sosua ..
new generation of jet blue that come here can’t put there phone down and enjoy life, but think they are social influencers and ruin it for everyone then bitch what happened…

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Flesh trade is live and well in Dominican Republic much bigger and better in other areas compared to small town Sosua ..
new generation of jet blue that come here can’t put there phone down and enjoy life, but think they are social influencers and ruin it for everyone then bitch what happened…
Social influencers ? Everyone wants to be the next Kim Kardashian or Lebron James.
TikTok clowns and like I said above - they are the lowest common denominators.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yeah I guess they they are making up for the lost time they spend alone with their Jergens lotion and tissues back home.
Funny thing is they don't realize how childish they look - 40 & 50-year old men acting like roving teenagers.
IMO, The Lowest point for these guys though , was turning the PA System which they were using at the Pool Party/ Bikini Contest at what used to be Sosua Bay Hotel , to face the Beach ... then Turned it up to 10
And then Literally yelled to the ENTIRE BEACH for all the WHORES to come on up and get them some Money ...
yeagh, they really did that .

• Wow
Reactions: ctrob and cavok

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
IMO, The Lowest point for these guys though , was turning the PA System which they were using at the Pool Party/ Bikini Contest at what used to be Sosua Bay Hotel , to face the Beach ... then Turned it up to 10
And then Literally yelled to the ENTIRE BEACH for all the WHORES to come on up and get them some Money ...
yeagh, they really did that .

Makin' mad stacks, yo

Back to airbnb, (and vrbo, homeaway, etc.) it allowed people who had no idea how to deal with renters or what to watch out for, no experience whatsoever, into the rental business. That caused a myriad of problems, both for the new born landlords and the renters. It was a bad idea, but it is what it is.

Reactions: bob saunders

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Makin' mad stacks, yo

Back to airbnb, (and vrbo, homeaway, etc.) it allowed people who had no idea how to deal with renters or what to watch out for, no experience whatsoever, into the rental business. That caused a myriad of problems, both for the new born landlords and the renters. It was a bad idea, but it is what it is.
Ya can't put a price on peace of mind.
To each their own.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
You've given a new twist on "mid age crisis". Picture them wandering about dressed for a disco.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You've given a new twist on "mid age crisis". Picture them wandering about dressed for a disco.
No disco for them just a lot of aging fat men who need help getting out of the chair, sucking in their guts & wearing basketball jerseys, with towels on their shoulders like they are getting ready to substitute into game 7 of the NBA finals.

But I have to say if you are an Air BnB landlord you are not going to have cream of the crop every time. brace for the bad.
I was a landlord once - repaired a lot of damage during my time - quickly sucks the money out of profit very fast.
Not to mention frustration.

They put a new meaning into "Trying to relive their glory days"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wrong, as usual!
You made a point about private rentals not with Airbnb and I mentioned that is not the topic of this thread with Airbnb now blocking parties.

But if you think that is coherent with the topic, then yep, I am wrong. I contend I am not wrong.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Mikey:

Thanks for letting us all know how low you'll stoop. When you look up hypocrite in "Websters's" there's an ugly photo of you...
Thanks for publicly outing the pool boy. Karma seems to be dealing with him just fine ;)
Thanks for clarifying that you're not a gentleman in any sense of the word, but we already knew that
How low? You set the bar below ground level in your exploits.
Karma? There is no such thing as Karma.

So you don't hang in Sosua any more? No Airbnb time for you here.
Yes, this has diverted and probably will be closed. At least we know Aribnb is blocking parties.
You want a party? Rent Privately and invite all your ISOC buddies.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Airbnb is just one of many rental platforms. By the time they discover that a party occurred at the property it's too late. I have always pursued long term tenants for my properties. Parties at rentals in a town like Sosua is a given. Not much can be done unless the landlord lives on the property and that would still be a hassle.