Akasha Spa

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
On my hunt on what to do in Jarabacoa , just wondering if Akasha Spa is worth a a 2-3 hour visit? Any know if they are Professional Masseuse's or am I risk a slipped disk.
If not I shall try their whatsapps number but looking for feed back , not to be sold .

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry, I wrote that one quickly. but yeah, so it's like 12,000 pesos for a full day for a couple and it includes massage, facials, sauna, pool, lunch, some juice, etc. Pretty nice little package.. massage seemed professional but I'm not an expert or anything of massage quality. I think the owners are ex-pats and they only take one couple per day and when it rains they don't offer the full day package. It does not seem like a very serious spa or anything.. kind of like a laid-back hobby that the owners do with masseuses and stuff and use their house to offer the pool/sauna/barbecue area. I wouldn't go out of my way to Jarabacoa just for the massage though.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Sorry, I wrote that one quickly. but yeah, so it's like 12,000 pesos for a full day for a couple and it includes massage, facials, sauna, pool, lunch, some juice, etc. Pretty nice little package.. massage seemed professional but I'm not an expert or anything of massage quality. I think the owners are ex-pats and they only take one couple per day and when it rains they don't offer the full day package. It does not seem like a very serious spa or anything.. kind of like a laid-back hobby that the owners do with masseuses and stuff and use their house to offer the pool/sauna/barbecue area. I wouldn't go out of my way to Jarabacoa just for the massage though.
Thanks for the information. I plan on being there for a few days and just investigating/inquiring on places and/or things to do there. thanks again

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Jarabacoa is probably the most boring place on earth, in the best way imaginable.

I think Bob Saunders lives there. He may have a different opinion.
Why is it boring? If you're active in sports, it looks like it might be the place to be in that region

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I think Bob Saunders lives there. He may have a different opinion.
Why is it boring? If you're active in sports, it looks like it might be the place to be in that region
Jarabacoa is basically a campo disguised as a tourist town.. people come here to unwind from busy lives in the capital. There's a few restaurants here and there, but it's just a campo at the end of the day. I live here full time and love it because this is the type of life that I live, I work constantly managing businesses around the country and being here is my anti-stress. There is no movie theatre, basically no night life besides a few "drinks/nightclubs" , no comedy club, no single international chains, no decent super market (don't mean to be condescending or anything but the supermarkets here are extremely mediocre), there's like nothing to do here unless you want a laid back lifestyle where you can truly feel you are away from the hustle and bustle of city life. I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Jarabacoa is basically a campo disguised as a tourist town.. people come here to unwind from busy lives in the capital. There's a few restaurants here and there, but it's just a campo at the end of the day. I live here full time and love it because this is the type of life that I live, I work constantly managing businesses around the country and being here is my anti-stress. There is no movie theatre, basically no night life besides a few "drinks/nightclubs" , no comedy club, no single international chains, no decent super market (don't mean to be condescending or anything but the supermarkets here are extremely mediocre), there's like nothing to do here unless you want a laid back lifestyle where you can truly feel you are away from the hustle and bustle of city life. I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone.
Which is exactly what I want. I think if I wanted clubs and a false sense of life and lifestyle , I would just go to Punta cana and ask no questions. I want the night sky , stars and limited light pollution. SO this seems like the perfect weekend get away. Thanks
As far as the supermarkets, again I am not looking for Punta Cana flashing lights and disco balls as I shop for groceries.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Tell ya what.. I love Constanza. I'd be visiting up there a lot more if it wasn't so dang far to drive up there.

Reactions: bob saunders

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Which is exactly what I want. I think if I wanted clubs and a false sense of life and lifestyle , I would just go to Punta cana and ask no questions. I want the night sky , stars and limited light pollution. SO this seems like the perfect weekend get away. Thanks
As far as the supermarkets, again I am not looking for Punta Cana flashing lights and disco balls as I shop for groceries.
That's why I live in Jarabacoa :)