Alburquerque Compres gets 12 years for murder

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Felix-Alburquerque-El-Dia-e1689858325830.png

Judges Arlin Ventura, Leticia Martínez and Eveling Rodríguez of the Third Collegiate Court of the National District levied a 12 year jail sentence in Najayo Jail to the former director of the National Drug Control Agency, Vice Admiral Felix Alburquerque Comprés for voluntary homicide of communicator Manuel Taveras Duncan on 19 August 2022. The judges ordered Alburquerque Compres to pay the cost of the trial. The court did not order a monetary compensation for the family.

The news media again shared the surveillance video in which Alburquerque Comprés persecuted Taveras Duncan on Núnez de Caceres avenue for about 10 minutes, caught up with him, shot him, and then when he was on the ground, shot him again, leaving him dead on the pavement and going missing until the video circulated and provided the first evidence of the killing.

The family had sought the maximum penalty...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Got off "lite" on that. Defense was that he was "provoked"? How so, he was getting enough of the drug money and was upset?

Reactions: Ecoman1949

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
We haven't heard the last of this case.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I thought the word was that this guy was going to get let off because the judges were his mates. Or am I getting confused with another case? 12 years in a Dominican prison won't be easy let's be honest.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I thought the word was that this guy was going to get let off because the judges were his mates. Or am I getting confused with another case? 12 years in a Dominican prison won't be easy let's be honest.
He will be out in 5, if he pays the right people

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
He will be loose in a couple years.

That's a shame, 12 years only.

JJ

Reactions: FF1

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That sentence is a joke.
Hunting down someone and shoot him down, Then Executing the victim and all on video,
what else would count for those corrupt judge buddies of his to go for a 30 years sentence?
This ricachon will be out in 2 years or less, enjoying a rich man's life.
Aside from a maximum sentence those "Judges" completely forgot to give some of his millions to the victim's family.
This trial stinks and sure will be appealed by the family.
I wish them that the sentence get's much higher later on, but more likely he will be in a comfy home before any other trial would take place.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Never underestimate the power of current and retired high-ranking military and police.