All colmados should have an armed guard.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
Interesting vid, intentionally missing the assailant with that first shot; he showed some restraint.
It also brings up another reason I love the DR, as unlike the US; they require one to pass a psychological test
to legally own firearms.

Reactions: Unit5

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Reminds me when we run our colmado in Alma Rosa 1998, they come in a car, one step in quickly and put his gun in my face and my wife has to give out the money. Even the premium from the chufly he wanted. After that we were the first colmado in the area who sold with closed doors after darkness. Today most colmados looks like a jail inside, time has changed so much...

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
In Chicago, where criminals are coddled; probably so.
But in the DR?, where laws are based more upon common sense; maybe not.
In DR, from what i understand, you are likely to go to jail if you kill someone if you are not in immediate danger. As he was running away, he probably would've been in a world of trouble.
I do not think laws are based on common sense here but i respect them as a foreigner.
If someone is exiting your house after a break-in and you shoot them in the back you are in trouble.

I would take my chances in Chicago and get a fair fight. I would not get one here.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Interesting vid, intentionally missing the assailant with that first shot; he showed some restraint.
It also brings up another reason I love the DR, as unlike the US; they require one to pass a psychological test
to legally own firearms.
Not sure it was intentional if it even was a miss. I can say I haven't fired a gun for over 13 years but I would not have missed at that close range, nor even fired.
Unless he had the machete to the neck of the boy or was on top of me swinging it I would have just held it out and told him to lay on the floor. With a counter between him and the ladrone he had no need to fire. And who knows where that bullet went or what or who it might have hit once it left the colmado.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
In DR, from what i understand, you are likely to go to jail if you kill someone if you are not in immediate danger. As he was running away, he probably would've been in a world of trouble.
I do not think laws are based on common sense here but i respect them as a foreigner.
I would take my chances in Chicago and get a fair fight. I would not get one here.
From what I've read off this very site(old posts), he would have been detained; but with the vid...released.
Unless the gun was unregistered, which many are in the DR.
But even if it was registered, it seems a standard practice is to fire in their direction; so that word gets around not to rob the
colmado. Then hopefully you don't have to deal with the police.
Perhaps if you were not a foreigner(I grew up in Jarabacoa), you would see the laws differently.
I'm currently typing 40 miles from downtown Chicago, and apparently you haven't noticed criminals here
being released without even posting bail. It's a free for all, as in get outta jail free. 2 years ago a dozen people were murdered
on a holiday, during a parade.
The DR is much, much safer than Chicagoland(and much of US).

Reactions: cavok

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
From what I've read off this very site(old posts), he would have been detained; but with the vid...released.
Unless the gun was unregistered, which many are in the DR.
But even if it was registered, it seems a standard practice is to fire in their direction; so that word gets around not to rob the
colmado. Then hopefully you don't have to deal with the police.
Perhaps if you were not a foreigner(I grew up in Jarabacoa), you would see the laws differently.
I'm currently typing 40 miles from downtown Chicago, and apparently you haven't noticed criminals here
being released without even posting bail. It's a free for all, as in get outta jail free. 2 years ago a dozen people were murdered
on a holiday, during a parade.
The DR is much, much safer than Chicagoland(and much of US).
I do not disagree that my city has it's issues. I exercise more caution when home than when I am in DR.