All inclusive POP

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Why not tell them in straight but kind Anglo-Saxon terms to not bother you anymore ínstead of tipping them. I know americans like tipping but this is too much.
They need to include in every airplane in the announcement of “welcome to …, and a reminder to Americans DON’T TIP!” lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
First thing is pull the plug on the room phone. No one will be calling to give you anything other than aggravation. Next you tell the guy to get lost in NO uncertain terms as you got swindled before like this. When he gets the picture he will move on to another sucker...............And if he has your cell just block him........
What you should do is simply ignore the sales person, not even give him a straight look in the eyes. It may sound mean, but sales people are used to rejection. They don’t take it personally, especially since they know they would be doing the same. For many of them, you aren’t a person but rather a number of the people they attempt to sell to that day. A sales person that has been doing that for a while learns to not give importance to what people think, so if they can be annoying and that leads to a sell, then so be it.

For everyday people it may be unconfortable at first to simply act as if the sales person isn’t there, but soon enough that changes. If alone, wear headphones or the pieces that go in the ears. Even if you don’t have on, ignoring is taken by the other person as if you never heard them.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I thought AIs and Time Shares were marketed towards the same people. The all you can eat/drink crowd. Don't you get a "free" slot machine club membership when purchasing a time share and get to pay for useless Chinese made stuff with "points" .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I thought AIs and Time Shares were marketed towards the same people. The all you can eat/drink crowd. Don't you get a "free" slot machine club membership when purchasing a time share and get to pay for useless Chinese made stuff with "points" .
I have been on multiple occasions to Playa Dorada with no reservations in any of the resorts (that is more of a cases one of the gate guards was known by my uncle, don’t know if he’s still there, but it lead for me to get in the front door while they look away because I’m the nephew of so and son -actually, that has been common as many people in PP and in many parts of the DR know me as “the cousin if so and so, the son of so and so, tetc;” one time someone I had never met in Moca within a short time of meeting me in a store mentioned that my paternal grandparents were so and so and ge was right and they have been dead for a long time!) There were a few times I was approach by one of the time share sellers, always from Lifestyle.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I have stayed at lifestyles a few years ago. No I didn't like it, not one bit. But I can say that not once was I approached by the time share people. I can also say that I can walk through sosua and not have any lady approach me for whatever. I must have the "don't bother me or Ill punch you in the face" kinda face. I much prefer the resorts at playa dorado. Be live, sunscape, grand ventana. I have enjoyed my time at these places.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Regarding timeshare, if you say you are British, they know that they can't sell to you. Under British law, if you buy a timeshare you have a 14 day cooling off period after you sign in which you can cancel, and there are strict penalties for any sales people not complying with some strict terms. Banks and credit card companies won't normally allow remittances to be paid for purchase of timeshare unless they know for sure that the conditions have been complied with, so the second you say that you are British most timeshare people run a mile.

The other get-out is that you have been declared bankrupt and are not allowed by law to have any credit. That also works.

And obviously best of all is not to go somewhere like Lifestyles.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Regarding timeshare, if you say you are British, they know that they can't sell to you. Under British law, if you buy a timeshare you have a 14 day cooling off period after you sign in which you can cancel, and there are strict penalties for any sales people not complying with some strict terms. Banks and credit card companies won't normally allow remittances to be paid for purchase of timeshare unless they know for sure that the conditions have been complied with, so the second you say that you are British most timeshare people run a mile.

The other get-out is that you have been declared bankrupt and are not allowed by law to have any credit. That also works.

And obviously best of all is not to go somewhere like Lifestyles.
There are many rip offs out there, time shares, extended warranties, auto leases, annuities and marriage.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
.. and marriage.

I was in Mirador del Sur yesterday and there was a wedding taking place, which obviously I stopped to watch being a nosey b!tch. They weren't a good looking couple to be honest, the guy was bulging out of his suit and despite vast quantities of make-up the lady still looked like....... well you get the idea.

And then after putting her ring on, the guy picked up the microphone and started singing to his now-wife, which was very romantic, and the words were "tu eres la más hermosa, la más bonita, la más perfecta" (you are the most beautiful, the prettiest, the most perfect). My friend who was with me whispered "He's been married to her for less than a minute and he's already lying through his teeth, typical Dominican". I was nearly crying laughing.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So, getting back on topic...does anyone know if any of the resorts in POP have been recently updated or refurbished?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I was in Mirador del Sur yesterday and there was a wedding taking place, which obviously I stopped to watch being a nosey b!tch. They weren't a good looking couple to be honest, the guy was bulging out of his suit and despite vast quantities of make-up the lady still looked like....... well you get the idea.

And then after putting her ring on, the guy picked up the microphone and started singing to his now-wife, which was very romantic, and the words were "tu eres la más hermosa, la más bonita, la más perfecta" (you are the most beautiful, the prettiest, the most perfect). My friend who was with me whispered "He's been married to her for less than a minute and he's already lying through his teeth, typical Dominican". I was nearly crying laughing.
Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have stayed at lifestyles a few years ago. No I didn't like it, not one bit. But I can say that not once was I approached by the time share people. I can also say that I can walk through sosua and not have any lady approach me for whatever. I must have the "don't bother me or Ill punch you in the face" kinda face. I much prefer the resorts at playa dorado. Be live, sunscape, grand ventana. I have enjoyed my time at these places.
If you still have that long goatee, that could be it.

Reactions: rogerjac