All the Dominicans do this !!!!!!!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As you just said you live in the DR 24/7 and didn't know that the correct denomym is Santiagues, so you learned something new.

We Dominican living outside the DR, are well inform of everything that is happening in the DR, because we visit every year, and our families keep us up to date.

If you're sick and tired don't come to DR1, WE Dominican will keep coming here to correct the misconception, and defend the DR from BIGOTS, RACISTS here.

Whether you and the rest of the foreigner and ignorant Santiagueses in here like it or not the correct way is Santiagues, no matter if you live in Santiago 24/7 or not.

I was born and raised in Santiago, went to school from pre-K to College, and a foreigner is not going to tell me that i don't know nothing about MY own city/country.
There's something really wrong with your post, Ezequiel.
1st, Bachata is Dominican, puro de raza, born in Santiago and he told you in his post,
http://www.dr1.com/forums/dominicans-abroad/77173-all-dominicans-do-4.html#post657137
I was born in Santiago I lived in Santiago for 47 years. All my life I heard, one million people saying that we are " Santiageros " and sudenlly someone say that it is incorrect.
No way for me... go for someone else, to teach your modern spanish.
and now you attack a gringo for saying the same?
You say that you are here to defend the DR from racists and bigots, and yet your post is both racist and bigoted.
I'm not here to start an argument with you and your post wasn't addressed to me, but I would suggest you take a step back and reread what you just wrote.
It was extremely rude and racist.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
1st, Bachata is Dominican, puro de raza, born in Santiago and he told you in his post,
http://www.dr1.com/forums/dominicans-abroad/77173-all-dominicans-do-4.html#post657137

You say that you are here to defend the DR from racists and bigots, and yet your post is both racist and bigoted.
I'm not here to start an argument with you and your post wasn't addressed to me, but I would suggest you take a step back and reread what you just wrote.

Reread what i posted i also said ignorant Santiagues.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Reread what i posted i also said ignorant Santiagues.
Yes, I understand that, but you wrote,
Whether you and the rest of the foreigner
That means all of us foreigners.
That is racist.
Also, when Bachata said the same thing that a gringo did, you didn't attack him as you just did to "the gringo".
That's why I say it was racist and bigoted.
Anyhow, I'm not here to argue with you, but I do ask you to reconsider what you said and search your soul a bit before posting stuff like that again.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

Can you please highlight what do you think is racist and bigoted about what i said, because i called Santiagueses ignorant (not Foreigners) for not knowing that the correct demonym is Santiagues not Santiagueros.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can you please highlight what do you think is racist and bigoted about what i said, because i called Santiagueses ignorant (not Foreigners) for not knowing that the correct demonym is Santiagues not Santiagueros.

Originally Posted by Ezequiel
As you just said you live in the DR 24/7 and didn't know that the correct denomym is Santiagues, so you learned something new.

We Dominican living outside the DR, are well inform of everything that is happening in the DR, because we visit every year, and our families keep us up to date.

If you're sick and tired don't come to DR1, WE Dominican will keep coming here to correct the misconception, and defend the DR from BIGOTS, RACISTS here.

Whether you and the rest of the foreigner and ignorant Santiagueses in here like it or not the correct way is Santiagues, no matter if you live in Santiago 24/7 or not.

I was born and raised in Santiago, went to school from pre-K to College, and a foreigner is not going to tell me that i don't know nothing about MY own city/country.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, I understand that, but you wrote,

That means all of us foreigners.
That is racist.
Also, when Bachata said the same thing that a gringo did, you didn't attack him as you just did to "the gringo".
That's why I say it was racist and bigoted.
Anyhow, I'm not here to argue with you, but I do ask you to reconsider what you said and search your soul a bit before posting stuff like that again.

I did attack Bachata, start reading this thread from the beginning.

When i said the "rest of the Foreigners" i meant those who still arguing with me about the correct demonym for Santiagues. Please follow the whole thread before making more wrong assertion.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Originally Posted by Ezequiel

He said he is sick and tired, so i said if he feel like that he shouldn't come here to the DR1, stress is not good for your health.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

read my lips, not a single santiaguero considers himself/herself as santiagues. You might have found this label in some history book but in real word, we refer them as santiagueros. So go back to eating your icecream fudge and leave the santiago to us (people who live here).
By the way, yo think you know about santiago, but let me inform you, its not the same city you left behind many years ago.
If you care to learn more about your city that you have abandoned for the american dream, we (foreigners who live here 24/7) would be more than happy to show you around.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
EZequiel, you may think you are santiaguera /santiaguero or worse SANTIAGUES . hahahaha. The dominicans have a more simple name for you "dominican york".
Hahahaha
AZB

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
EZequiel, you may think you are santiaguera /santiaguero or worse SANTIAGUES . hahahaha. The dominicans have a more simple name for you "dominican york".
Hahahaha
AZB

Are Dominicans that do not reside in New York State called "Dominican york" also?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Are Dominicans that do not reside in New York State called "Dominican york" also?

Yes...some of my Dominican friends frecuently ask me. In what state of New York do I live?

JJ.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Plain and simple: you will not be called dominican york, unless you act like one.

generally speaking Dom-york girls are fat, or heavier than their dominican counterparts. Thgey love ghetto stuff and speak ghetto english. they have greasy curly hair, they try to speak some english with spanish. They look uncomfortable on heel shoes. They have a mean look on their faces, and sometimes they are rude when talking to others. They almost always come to visit their relatives in poor barrios, often dangerous places. they hang out at monumento and montebar. They are desperate for men, so they date barrio guy who are broke. Oh and they act more dominican than dominicans who live here. Hahahaha but but, when you ask them where they are from, they say, I am american. hahahahahaha
AZB

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
I've understood it as....

I've asked my cousins and they explain that a Dominican York is someone who was born and raised in the States, specifically New York. The term has now come to embody all Dominican Americans who reside in the US, regardless of they were born in NY. It is a portmanteau of Dominican and New York (where a majority of Domincians in the US reside) = Dominican York or DomYork...

Also there is the term Dominican "Yo," Dominican "Joe," Dominican Yolkie or simply Yolkie. These terms are used for Dominicans in the US who wear urban clothing (i.e. hip hop clothing, hence the "Yo") or can be used in a derogatory fashion to call out someone who is from a "barrio" or dresses "barrial".

In recent years the terms have become interchangeable and few people care for the distinctions. And as I have come to understand them they are rarely, if ever, used as positive descriptors.

Mr. Lu

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Plain and simple: you will not be called dominican york, unless you act like one.

generally speaking Dom-york girls are fat, or heavier than their dominican counterparts. Thgey love ghetto stuff and speak ghetto english. they have greasy curly hair, they try to speak some english with spanish. They look uncomfortable on heel shoes. They have a mean look on their faces, and sometimes they are rude when talking to others. They almost always come to visit their relatives in poor barrios, often dangerous places. they hang out at monumento and montebar. They are desperate for men, so they date barrio guy who are broke. Oh and they act more dominican than dominicans who live here. Hahahaha but but, when you ask them where they are from, they say, I am american. hahahahahaha
AZB

I don't meet any of the criteria, so the term doesn't apply to me.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hahahaha
AZB

Sorry AZB, i'm not a Dominican York, i live in Atlanta, Georgia and everybody know that in the DR, nobody had ever called me a Dominican York, and eventhough if they call me like that i will correct them.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I don't meet any of the criteria, so the term doesn't apply to me.

I don't fit that criteria either, i hate the ghetto behavior of the Dominican living in NYC or New Jersey, not all of them act like that though.

That's why if somebody call me a Dominican York i would correct them, if they insist i will tell them ignorant got back to school.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
We seen a Puerto Rican family vacationing at our resort in DR-They were funny!! They from New York, acting as if they run everything in DR...They were a joke, i was embarrassed for them.....they wore only white-everyday!! And flashed cash at everyone, just so they could feel like royalty!! Sankies dream come true with 5 young adult daughters!!

SO THAT'S 3 1/2 STAR GHETTO LIFE!!

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
We seen a Puerto Rican family vacationing at our resort in DR-They were funny!! They from New York, acting as if they run everything in DR...They were a joke, i was embarrassed for them.....they wore only white-everyday!! And flashed cash at everyone, just so they could feel like royalty!! Sankies dream come true with 5 young adult daughters!!

Chopos Puerto Rique?os, hay Dios mio!, el Mundo se esta acabando.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I actually have been asked if I was a Dominicanyol here in the DR, and I actually took it as a compliment, oh well. :)

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008

SO THAT'S 3 1/2 STAR GHETTO LIFE!!

ughh.. I hate when I see Dominicans from abroad doing the same thing. Last time I was in Punta Cana, there was a Dominican family at the resort and they were so embarrasing. They were loud and obnoxious. They talked so loud you would have thought there was a fight about to start. The women dressed very ghetto fabulous with tight clothes and fat rolls hanging out.