All the Dominicans do this !!!!!!!!!

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I actually have been asked if I was a Dominicanyol here in the DR, and I actually took it as a compliment, oh well. :)

WOW, they can't tell you are a gringo now. You are becoming a full Dominican, one of these days they are going to ask which part of the DR are you from, because of your accent. :bunny:

By the way, Congratulation! i see you are a Moderator now:bunny:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
WOW, they can't tell you are a gringo now. You are becoming a full Dominican, one of these days they are going to ask which part of the DR are you from, because of your accent. :bunny:

By the way, Congratulation! i see you are a Moderator now:bunny:

Thanks.

As far as the people not recognizing my accent in the DR, I don't think that will ever happen - but just to be considered Dominican, even a gringo accented one living in the US, is good enough foor me.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Even when I go back to my own Country (Croatia) I try to fit in, be discreet, act casual!! there's no Way, it's like they can smell me !! I speak my language but they can tell-somehow it's not real-I feel like I'm a fake, I'm still a foreigner to them even being born there!

I almost feel like an outcast!! yikes!! the last thing you want to do is Gloat, I feel rejected by my own people..i dont know if they feel jealous or betrayed, either way, my parents made the decision to immigrate not i.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Even when I go back to my own Country (Croatia) I try to fit in, be discreet, act casual!! there's no Way, it's like they can smell me !! I speak my language but they can tell-somehow it's not real-I feel like I'm a fake, I'm still a foreigner to them even being born there!

I almost feel like an outcast!! yikes!! the last thing you want to do is Gloat, I feel rejected by my own people..i dont know if they feel jealous or betrayed, either way, my parents made the decision to immigrate not i.

I'm like you, when i go to the DR i don't try to be like some Dominican York that when they open their mouth to speak, they don't speak Spanish but Spanglish when i know they can speak Spanish more then good (including my big Brother).

I always hated that, when i speak Spanish i only utter words in Spanish, i hate Spanglish.

I feel that Spanglish is for people who don't know how to speak Spanish or English well.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm like you, when i go to the DR i don't try to be like some Dominican York that when they open their mouth to speak, they don't speak Spanish but Spanglish when i know they can speak Spanish more then good (including my big Brother).

I always hated that, when i speak Spanish i only utter words in Spanish, i hate Spanglish.

I feel that Spanglish is for people who don't know how to speak Spanish or English well.

Your English is on par with a 5th grader@ best dude.
What is your excuse?

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Your English is on par with a 5th grader@ best dude.
What is your excuse?

I have no excuse :cool:

But to answer you question/curiosity i speak English as a second language, I learned it at the JFK institute in Santiago, My oral skill, reading skill and listening skill are more than very good :bunny:

English writing and English gramma have always being quite a challenge for me, but i'm getting better and some day i will get to the point of perfection;)

It doesn't bother me because i know a lot of American here in the South that i can teach them some gramma and writing skill ;)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
English writing and English gramma have always being quite a challenge for me, but i'm getting better and some day i will get to the point of perfection;)

Perfect?????? Only God.

JJ.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Allright already lets get back on topic!!!.....I want to see more pictures of folks standing on front of cars that they can only dream of owning.:cheeky: