Alquilation what is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think that a lot of you people need to go to the labour office and let them work out the amount and whether the man is liable for his severence pay . To pay a farm worker 6000 pesos a month, prima facie seems cruel and is below the minimum wage that the Government has stipulated .. I do not think farm workers are exempt from receiving a minimum wage. If you are talking about severance pay the rule used to be that this was payable by the employer no matter who gives notice . The only thing that used to nullify the termination pay was a criminal act..and that was hard to prove.
I do not go along with the view that employees are always tring to screw the employers.. Iam certain it is the other way around and it is the reason that the poor can not improve their lives in this country.
Minimum salary for a farm worker is 234 peso's per day, being 5600 per month if he works 6 days.

And that's for 10 hour working days.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
a domestic worker is entitled to severance pay if the house has been rented out ..other wise not....but I know of no one who does not pay it..would not want to know them either.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Mauricio...you quoted me a 2013 minimum wage ..there were new minimum wages negotiated after a huge struggle , several months ago .. What a disgraceful minimum wage sugar cane cutters have !! now about 160 pesos a day

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Mauricio...you quoted me a 2013 minimum wage ..there were new minimum wages negotiated after a huge struggle , several months ago .. What a disgraceful minimum wage sugar cane cutters have !! now about 160 pesos a day

What would these folks do with more money ? Most farmworkers are given a place to stay and food. If they wanted to better themselves they would have made better life choices

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
crops, rented out or held by a corporation as i hear it.

Understand that liquidacion is a continuing liability of the employer.... pay when you choose.

I choose to pay annually... it's their money, if they call for it, its' theirs,
Furthermore, they need it & I don't like the running obligation over my head....

Trust me , I fired one after 3 yrs.... the amount isn't small. .... and then a lawyer steps in-- you pay him too

Many companies pay liquidacion annually.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Has anyone asked how many hours a week this guy works for his RD$6K?

good point, I just gave my errand guy 1500 pesos to wash my car and go to the store. It took him about an hour and 45 minutes. If you give a grown man 6000 pesos a month, I would think its part time.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
--------E
--------E
--------E

I'll just hold onto these pitch forks until we hear back about his hours worked per month... mmmmK?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The labor board doesn't care - or ask - - how many hours a person works. Liquidation is based on the salary paid.

I think the OP's question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.