Altice Satellite Internet & TV

eb16rb4

Sep 24, 2018
Hello, does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with Altice Satellite Internet & TV service, preferably in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area or if not, anywhere in the country? Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: PICHARDO

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hello, does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with Altice Satellite Internet & TV service, preferably in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area or if not, anywhere in the country? Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

I switched from Claro to Altice when I lived in San Pedro. Now I live in Boca Chica. I have both phone and internet. I don't know the speeds but usually me and my kid can stream at the same time with no problems. Sometimes though it bogs down.

eb16rb4

Sep 24, 2018
I switched from Claro to Altice when I lived in San Pedro. Now I live in Boca Chica. I have both phone and internet. I don't know the speeds but usually me and my kid can stream at the same time with no problems. Sometimes though it bogs down.
Thank you, and you are using Atice Satellite Service, with the dish mounted outside the home?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Just to clarify possible confusion. The dish is only for TV, not for Internet. Altice doesn't offer satellite internet and never did.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Just to clarify possible confusion. The dish is only for TV, not for Internet. Altice doesn't offer satellite internet and never did.
the one thing I have noticed is weather, like rain storms affects the TV dish.........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Bavaro depending on where you live Claro has Fiber Optic high speed internet. Excellent, and the price is not bad either. I would go with them over Altice. Their TV is underground and has no rain problem also.

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
In Bavaro depending on where you live Claro has Fiber Optic high speed internet. Excellent, and the price is not bad either. I would go with them over Altice. Their TV is underground and has no rain problem also.
What price does claro offer for you..whats your package include?
Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks
In Bavaro I have Fiber Optic 40mg down, usually it is over 50. 3 TVs with hundreds of channels, landline, Cell with what is basically unlimited talk and data as all calls to Claro do not count and I get more calls and data than I ever need. Also free roaming in the US and latin America. And it works great My bill for all this is 6344rd per month.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Thanks
I second the Claro recommendation - they are offering up to 300mbps through fiber optic in Sto Domingo, not sure what they offer in PC/Bavaro. I recently went from their old max, 100/40mbps to 200 down/50 up, blazing fast & works perfectly with the TP-Link mesh system I have. Great signal throughout the apt.

Cost? Cut cable about three years ago, I stream all media in HD/UHD, I've never used up the 400 monthly voice minutes either: $3,150.00 with tax, $4,095.00.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: aarhus and OldSkool