Always the dumb stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
No Harley, not a good idea. If the owner finds out who did it (if his car is damaged) he may be out for blood.:dead:

Not a good idea (not wise) to play fire with fire.

You are correct that there will likely be consequences. Bigbird should not in any way hide his actions re the nails, so he cannot be accused of laying a trap.

It will be interesting to see the thief, who was explicitly warned not to steal, claim damages incurred while commiting a robbery.

I would pay good money to watch that show. If Bigbird would not stand his ground, but instead be intimidated by a complaining thief, he should go back to whence he came.

Aug 6, 2006
You are correct that there will likely be consequences.

It will be interesting to see the thief, who was explicitly warned not to steal, claim damages incurred while commiting a robbery.

I would pay good money to watch that show. If Bigbird would not stand his ground, but instead be intimidated by a complaining thief, he should go back to whence he came.

=======================================================
If what is wanted is vengeance, then two or three 1" screws, of the sort used with drywall will generally result in a slow leak, followed by a flat, several days later. It is not likely that you would be blamed.

Roofing nails give faster results.

This is based on examination of things that have caused me to0 get flat tires. It was not intentional, it was the result of some renovations to houses on my block that were left fore garbage pickup and inadequately picked up.

I think just a calm explanation to the neighbor who has usurped your parking spot might be more effective.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
=======================================================
If what is wanted is vengeance, then two or three 1" screws, of the sort used with drywall will generally result in a slow leak, followed by a flat, several days later. It is not likely that you would be blamed.

Roofing nails give faster results.

This is based on examination of things that have caused me to0 get flat tires. It was not intentional, it was the result of some renovations to houses on my block that were left fore garbage pickup and inadequately picked up.

I think just a calm explanation to the neighbor who has usurped your parking spot might be more effective.

My first advice was to tell the neighbour to stop the behavior.

The part about the nails was in case talking produced no results.

In the end who can blame you for putting nails on your parkingspace?

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Then we the car owner finds out - you can be accused of damaging his property.

Using nails, he damages his own.

That way he assumes responsibility for his actions.

But the OP should do what he feels comfortable with.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I was just joking about that stuff, taking to the neighbor is clearly what you need to do.

I spoke with concierge and explained to him I pay the top dollar in rent in this building and those two parking spots belong to me even if I just use them one day a week. At the time before I did a second thought I told concierge to tell the owner of the car he could rent one spot for $4,500 pesos a month. At the time I was thinking this might be a two car family and I would be helping them out.

I went back downstairs and the car was gone. The car is now parked in it's assigned spot which is one of the worst spots in the parking area.

Like I said, it would have been so easy for him to approach me and request permission, but NOT here.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i had taken over a spot from a vacant apt...well no resident but me liked it....and i was asked to vacat...i did....
then i asked the tenants on the second floor to use their spots and they said sure ..we dont have car no problem....
and parking at this bldg was a real pain as their were 10 apts with 2 spots and 18 pking places.....
its called dominican engineering.... all apts were promised and assigned places.....one day they come home and a new design ..new spaces new assignments(numbers) etc what a problem....meetings yelling police blocked cars wow.........

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Why are some Dominicans so inconsiderate?

I moved into a different apartment building and my apartment includes two adjacent parking spots clearly labeled. I don't own a car as in Gazcue you really don't need one. I rent a vehicle when I see fit.

Well one of the tenants decides that since a car isn't parked there everyday they will just pull in and take over both spots. A simple thing like knocking on my door and asking to rent one of the spots would be so easy.

I told concierge to tell them they can rent one of the spots but now even have second thoughts. The real ****er I came home the other night after purchasing two of those "ugly chairs" and had to squeeze into another parking spot cause they have taken over both my spots. I brought the chairs upstairs and being tired just let it ride.

Now I bet any money I will be considered the crazy gringo with two invisible cars.

Always the dumb stuff living here.

i had the exact same thing happen to me where i live. worse, the guy who parked in my spot does not even live in my building. i did what MD posted; one evening when he was pulling in, i simply told him that it was my spot. he responded that i do not have a car. i explained that even though i don't, i pay for the spot, and that it is there for MY use, should i opt to rent a car, or a friend visits. he was upset, but he moved.

had this guy simply asked me if i minded him using the spot, i would cheerfully have said no, i do not. it is just the blatant discourtesy and bad manners that distresses me.

Last edited:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and then the bldg manager makes a new spot by utilizing the side of the bldg where everyone walks...no no one can walk....he says forget that parking is more important....so now no one can use the back...
of course that spot was for him....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
ouch. Parking in the middle is a horse of a different color. Perhaps you are dealing with drunk Dominicans. If so it will require a different approach.

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
i had the exact same thing happen to me where i live. worse, the guy who parked in my spot does not even live in my building. i did what MD posted; one evening when he was pulling in, i simply told him that it was my spot. he responded that i do not have a car. i explained that even though i don't, i pay for the spot, and that it is there for MY use, should i opt to rent a car, or a friend visits. he was upset, but he moved.

had this guy simply asked me if i minded him using the spot, i would cheerfully have said no, i do not. it is just the blatant discourtesy and bad manners that distresses me.

That used to happened to me in NYC also- Aholes the world over.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
you're talking about people that have no problem taking over land when they see it's not being used , so you know taking over parking spots is no big deal to them .

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Tried to put sugar in my ex-wife's tank...emptied a full bag of sugar into the tank of her Civic and the damn thing started up and ran like a top for months...don't know if it was because of her vile personality or what....!

You should have used other method,if you spray the the car painting with brakes oil,next day the paint will starts to bubble and peel..........so imagine how it gonna look like:rolleyes:
JT

Jul 28, 2014
Why are some Dominicans so inconsiderate?

I moved into a different apartment building and my apartment includes two adjacent parking spots clearly labeled. I don't own a car as in Gazcue you really don't need one. I rent a vehicle when I see fit.

Well one of the tenants decides that since a car isn't parked there everyday they will just pull in and take over both spots. A simple thing like knocking on my door and asking to rent one of the spots would be so easy.

I told concierge to tell them they can rent one of the spots but now even have second thoughts. The real ****er I came home the other night after purchasing two of those "ugly chairs" and had to squeeze into another parking spot cause they have taken over both my spots. I brought the chairs upstairs and being tired just let it ride.

Now I bet any money I will be considered the crazy gringo with two invisible cars.

Always the dumb stuff living here.

It's nothing a box of roofing nails on the ground won't cure quickly ...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans kill each other over parking spot issues.
The ONLY permanent way to assure no one uses your assigned parking spot, is to have a device installed.
They bore a 2 inch hole at the entrance to your spot. Install a pipe into the hole that extends about 2 inches above the surface.
You insert a slightly smaller diameter 2 foot long pipe into the other pipe, and lock it in place with a pad lock when you leave your space.
There are various types of these devices, some have a hinge that allows you to lay the pipe down to enter.
If you seek revenge, they will just F*$K Up your car.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dominicans kill each other over parking spot issues.
The ONLY permanent way to assure no one uses your assigned parking spot, is to have a device installed.
They bore a 2 inch hole at the entrance to your spot. Install a pipe into the hole that extends about 2 inches above the surface.
You insert a slightly smaller diameter 2 foot long pipe into the other pipe, and lock it in place with a pad lock when you leave your space.
There are various types of these devices, some have a hinge that allows you to lay the pipe down to enter.
If you seek revenge, they will just F*$K Up your car.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
^^^This^^^

I see systems like this in front of office buildings all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.