Am I being duped again..????

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we always have to search for the Good in Mankind.
Mankind Itself never been Good,
or why would there be the Need to search for the Good in It?
the Lord gave Us many things on our Way through Evolution,
many things that should give us some Advantage over other Animals,
he gave Us a Heart,
he gave Us Brain,
he allowed Us to develop much further than other Animals on the Globe,
but Nobody's Perfect,
not even the Lord,
'cause He simply forgot to provide the "Users Manual" with the Stuff.
to the OP:
Send Juan to He$$ and prepare yourself for your planned future retirement in DR.
great Post from Alyonka,
I would guess NYC or DC have Each more Poor in the urgent Need of Help/Assistance than the whole DR together.
I would always recommend to Help in the Own Surroundings, where ever someone Lives there will be many around in real Need of Help.
do good in your own surroundings where you can overview the ongoings personally and where you yourself can See the Results of your assistance.
stay the good Person You Are,
but forget about the Sick Juan Crap.
Mike

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
From what I can remember the OP doesn't want to just help anyone, he was helping this particular family as he had grown a bond with them, infact considering buying in La Caleta to be close to them. I didn't get the impression he was wanting to spend his time on charity cases, just helping a friend that went sour.

Mar 1, 2009
If you are praying for Juancito and his greasy heart then he is gonna be ok. Que no coma mas 'sa' tampoco. If more of humanity was as sweet and as giving as Mike then the theories expressed by John Lennon would be routine. I guess that makes me a Marxist/Lennonist...Groucho Marx and John Lennon, that is harharhar.

Just say you don't have anymore money man, your not an ATM. Teach this man a lesson send him a Bible or maybe a Koran, maybe the vedic texts focusing on the Kama Sutra, it might even enlighten him. Something that always makes people freeze is sending them watchtower magazine! Religion makes people like Juan vanish!!!!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'd be tempted to call his bluff and ask him what the "medicamente" is, so you can offer to buy it for him, but the sensible thing to do would be to nip it in the bud once and for all - as someone else said - change your e-mail address.
Grasa en el frnte de l cabeza - my a*se!

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If you are praying for Juancito and his greasy heart then he is gonna be ok. Que no coma mas 'sa' tampoco. If more of
humanity was as sweet and as giving as Mike then the theories expressed by John Lennon would be routine. I guess that makes me a Marxist/Lennonist...Groucho Marx and John Lennon, that is harharhar.

Just say you don't have anymore money man,
Code:
your not an ATM
. Teach this man a lesson send him a Bible or maybe a Koran, maybe the vedic texts focusing on the Kama Sutra, it might even enlighten him. Something that always makes people freeze is sending them watchtower magazine! Religion makes people like Juan vanish!!!!!!!

Lando: you made my day...lol...lol...lol.......;)
This is DR1 ....ha ha ha ha
You deserve some reputation points too...lol

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
As far as I know there is no medical condition where you have fat accumulation next to the heart and behind the forehead. This should tell you what you need to know.

There are a few known as pericardial fat in its self not that dangerous but combined with high cholesterol.

Fat Around The Heart May Increase Risk Of Heart Attacks

Now this one sounds unusual, but not dangerous.
How to Get Rid of Fat in the Forehead | eHow.com

Nothing sounds like it will kill the guy in an of its self.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
well, if he has excess fat in his head and heart, then to me the appropriate medical treatment is to eat less fatty foods which he could afford less if you dont send him money. Want to send him something? Send him a Patti Labelle cookbook for people with restrictive diets. Cant read? Well, then he ll be eating less.
Screw Juan and in this case there is no "one hand washing the other" so why bother with all the aggravation.

With this type of interaction you always have to be wary of how much you re willing to invest. I came across a similar(?) situation last month. I got a friend who lives in Santiago and owns 2 conchos she rents out daily to run Ruta K. They are both old, 1990 Corollas which need quite a few repairs. And as such she has always been behind the curve in her income because as she gets the money the cars need to be fixed.

Now comes this particular Friday in August where we are talking and she says that she is in despair because she needs 5700 pesos because she has a bank loan and it is due that day, by 3pm. Wow, I m saying why dont you call the bank and ask for a extension? No, she cant do that. But heres an idea she says: Why dont you loan me the money and then I ll pay you back when you come back? I say I dont know, you have a contract with the bank and those cars are collateral. We dont have a deal so where is my guarantee that I d get my money back? This was at like 10 am and I not going to do it, but I string her along like its going to happen. You need the money by 3? I ll try, but not that hard. And here is the thing that always tips you to the non-linear integrity of the plea for help: The ability to follow directions and give you an answer the FIRST time. I ask whats your complete address and your cedula number? I get a cell phone number. 3 more times: Whats your cedula? I get a house phone number, and 2 evasive answers, "No, but you can weter yunio" and "You can use this one(other remittance service)? How are you going to pay me back if you can pay the bank back? And you pay me back when I arrive? Come on, to the best of your knowledge when is that? I might come back tomorrow and will you have my money? If you ll have the money then then shoot the bank WILL give you an extension.

I was never going to send her the money, but I wanted to sound like a good guy who might try to muster it together. She told me the next day "You didnt give me the money because you think I am not going to pay you back. Get out of my country and never come back." Get out of your country? Damn, thats harsh right? I didnt know I was here to be your sole benefactor and listen to every 1/2 ass story that came down the pike. We didnt have a deal. I ve got nothing on you to secure this "loan of 5700pesos". To me it was a better deal to go to the bank and buy the loan from them and then she would owe me the money with those 2 cars as collateral.

The point is you have to limit how much of an interaction you re going to have with people when they see you as Goldfinger. They pull at the heartstrings and let you agree to take the loss. Why? Just be comfortable being called tacano.

Reactions: cobraboy

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are a few known as pericardial fat in its self not that dangerous but combined with high cholesterol.

Fat Around The Heart May Increase Risk Of Heart Attacks

Now this one sounds unusual, but not dangerous.
How to Get Rid of Fat in the Forehead | eHow.com

Nothing sounds like it will kill the guy in an of its self.

The first article you posted is about a first of it's kind study to see if fat around the heart is associated with hardening of the arteries. In other words this is a new theory proposed by some doctor and is not considered at this point a reason for concern. Simply put this is a bald face lie because no doctor would be looking for this.

In addition, the issue about the facial fat is another bald faced lie because it is only considered cosmetic - as if we needed any more assurance that this dude is trying to scheme the OP.

Feb 7, 2007
Send him a web robot translation of eHow article in Spanish ... might be funny

email like:

Mi amigo...

Luego de consultar con los expertos de la materia causa de tu problema, te escribo unos cuantos consejitos en como salir de la grasa en la frente:
1) Baja de peso
2) Mantente hidratado
3) Haz ejercicio de musculos de la cara
y si todo el resto falla,
4) Hazte una lipo

Muy cordialmente me despido, esperando tu pronta recuperacion,
tu amigo,
Fulano...

Reactions: Lucille

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
or like this:

Querido Juancito:

Recibi tu carta, pero ahora el que necesita que tu me envies algo de dinero soy yo, para pagar mis deudas aca en los Estados Unidos.
Ahi te envio unos sabios consejos de mis amigos de DR1
1- para los chicharrones (te estan haciendo dano)
2- no comas sal ( y veras cuanto chelitos te ahorras)
3- para las frias ( y ahorraras mucho mas)
4- duerme abrazadito de tu esposa/novia.(para que hagas mucho ejercicio y baje la grasa de la frente)

Esperando que te sanes pronto, para que me puedas ayudar con unos pesitos se despide de ti tu amigo que te quiere mucho;)
Amstellite

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, if i remember it right juan was taking few frias a day. say, 100 pesos at least in beer alone. since now he cannot drink he can spend this 100 pesos on medicine. and he has to eat less grease so another saving there: veggies are cheaper than meat, right? a meal of rice and boiled carrots is cheaper than rice and chicken. so a hundred pesos more. heck, he's gonna have so much money now he can start fiao business.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
well, if i remember it right juan was taking few frias a day. say, 100 pesos at least in beer alone. since now he cannot drink he can spend this 100 pesos on medicine. and he has to eat less grease so another saving there: veggies are cheaper than meat, right? a meal of rice and boiled carrots is cheaper than rice and chicken. so a hundred pesos more. heck, he's gonna have so much money now he can start fiao business.

You forgot his doctor has recommended he drink good "wikee" for his stomach ailments, I expect the "red" at the very least, jeje. :)

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
as always a classic RacerX.. say you over there now? leave in 10 days... let;s grab a beer... I'll introduce you to some needy people who will never let go........

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
thanks to all for the support.. I know ( yet again) what I must do- cut the ties altogether.... but I still worry about one thing.. I am paying for the rent on their house.. I pay 2500 pesos a month for the house- in la Caleta.. they were living in a shack with 6 people- I felt I needed to do something... now I really need to stop but don;t know how.. I paid three minths updront a year last August , one to lawyer, two for security. Should I just tell him he has two months to look for a new place.? I tried to do this last time but they threw the kids at me again and I just couldn;t do it.. I am weak as you all by now have guessed......