Am I the only one

Twilight

Oct 15, 2004
cbello said:
How can I get in touch with these people?

thanks

Cbello-I had a BIG fear of flying that I got over. I don't know how bad your phobia is but if it worked on me, the technique will work on you. (I've bruised Thebes' arm from gripping it so tightly on the plane in years past. Plus the fellow passengers didn't like my chanting we're gonna die-we're gonna die so I had to do something eventually)

There's a technique I do called EFT that's like emotional accupuncture. The wonderful thing about it is I could teach you to do it so you can do it on the plane to calm yourself down. I'm PMing you after this message but for others that might be interested check out the site emofree.com

This last flight I cried a little on take off on the flight down to Miami. After that I was ok. Which is a HUGE improvement on what I used to be like.

PMing you now...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hey, can I have this information too? Neither my mother nor my sister are happy about getting on a plane these days. They last visited four years ago, and I've all but given up on trying to persuade them. Maybe this will do the trick, or at least give them a renewed hint.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
cbello said:
How can I get in touch with these people?

thanks

Enough! You are pathetic! Either get on the goddamn plane or don't but please STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!

Thank you,

Larry

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
cbello said:
What is "ambient" ? and what exactly does it do? over the counter or not?
I'm not so sure if this would be a good thing for me to take, I have a connect flight in NY. Therefore, I have to remain sane until then.
Buzzed for 8 hours?
I just can't imagine arriving to SD and hugging the wrong man thinking it's my husband do to the after affect of "ambient", I don't think he would be thrilled ;)

Ambien is a prescribed sleeping pill that would have you sleeping like a baby.
It is the only thing that helps me sleep...You would still be sane, You will just continue feeling sleepy and it will be easier for you to go back to sleep after you hop back on the plane and get set.

Just make sure that you don't take more than the amount the doctor tells you which will be no more than 10 Miligrams and the most they will prescribe you is a 10 days supply because they are addicting.....just tell your doctor that you have a sleeping problem and that you need such meds because a friend told you about that they are great.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
There you go - the "pull yourself together" attitude!

I'm sorry Larry but I'm afraid that fears and phobia's eventually get to all of us. - Think about the little old lady scared to leave her own house. It's part of "growing up".

When it happens to you (and it will) I'll charge you double. This is a serious thread - if you don't like it then don't read it.

Your comments are pretty pointless. I think you should do a bit more research.

Why don't you talk to Twilight about it? What are you scared of? Nothing? We'll change that for you if you like! Why don't you try a month of being petrified of open spaces, crowded spaces, the dark etc. then you would understand what people have to go through - a good hypnotherapist would probably find it just as easy to make you afraid as it is to stop the fear.

For those of us who are afraid of something - and 99.9% of all "normal" people are, the good news is it's my understanding that as human beings we all need this "fear factor". If you're only scared of flying you've got a good result. Some people's anxiety follows them around every single day. I worked with a girl who was terrified of birds. Our office was on the other side of Trafalgar Square and despite being able to use a lot of the underground subway to get around, every day she had to come to terms with this terror when she was confronted by a million pigeons!

The other interesting thing is that part of a good therapists' training is to realise that if you take away one form of fear another usually manifests itself. We are taught to instruct the client not to do this. - I practised on Nicky without the instruction (you can only get away with this a few times even with your wife), she used to be terrified of boats and water, she lost that fear and overnight became scared of heights. - Interesting eh?

Anyhow, enough rambling - but just to prove how good the results are, Nicky and I have booked a cruise next year and she is very excited about going! How's that for proof that hypnotherapy will work?

Simon

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I think the person who started this thread is just looking for attention. She knows she suffers from this phobia....ok fine. So she has to decide if getting on the plane is worth it or not. All this nonsense of posting about it and whining can only be increasing her anxiety. Thats why I told her to just GET ON THE DAMN PLANE! The rest of you think you are helping her by "pampering" her phobia but I am the only one who told her what she really "needed" to hear. It's called a reality check.

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I look at it this way. You can only die once but you die a thousand times when you fear something.

You can stay in bed the rest of your life with covers over your head and a plane could crash on your roof or a truck can come through your front window or as it happened in Toronto someone was killed by a stray bullet as they sat in their bedroom watching TV.

Live! because life is too short to worry.

Twilight

Oct 15, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Hey, can I have this information too? Neither my mother nor my sister are happy about getting on a plane these days. They last visited four years ago, and I've all but given up on trying to persuade them. Maybe this will do the trick, or at least give them a renewed hint.

Go to www.emofree.com to check out what EFT is all about. I think it's an amazing technique because once you teach someone they can use it on all sorts of problems.

eta: or just PM and we can chat about it

And Simon-are you suggesting we use our powers for Evil? hehehe
:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
Larry said:
I think the person who started this thread is just looking for attention. She knows she suffers from this phobia....ok fine. So she has to decide if getting on the plane is worth it or not. All this nonsense of posting about it and whining can only be increasing her anxiety. Thats why I told her to just GET ON THE DAMN PLANE! The rest of you think you are helping her by "pampering" her phobia but I am the only one who told her what she really "needed" to hear. It's called a reality check.

Larry

Get a life Larry............. and do yourself a favor and dont respond.

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
mobrouser said:
so, how was your flight? and how are you finding life in Santo Domingo?

mob

Didn't feel a thing, took all kinds of pills and slept the whole time. Unfortunately I had to come back last week, I ended up in the hospital for 2 days on iv... I was really ill and my insurance put me on the first flight back to Canada. My trip was overall a disaster, but that's life and just glad to be back home. Back to civilization.