Amazing they are widening the road into Samana.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
420111148_17997112979399648_6416446795514891722_n.jpg

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Nice to see some development in that area. What about public transport

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yeah, this will seat well with Cabarete dwellers. There is no money for the beltway. Well then, is this work in Samaná being done for free? Is it the private sector that is doing this? :unsure:

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
EGEHID is about to wrap up Hwy 16 that comes out of Santiago crossing the Puente Hermanos Patino over the Yaqui and up to Sajoma. It was a mess back in April when we returned to this area but its like glass now. New signage, paint, drainage. I don't know how far into Santiago they are going to resurface but I give them two thumbs up for their effort so far. They've worked steadily on it. No start, stop, start. Don't know how the politics of this area plays into the work.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Are they widening the road or building a new one alongside?
They are widening that road and it is a major undertaking because they had to buy out many homes on the left-hand side and move a lot of dirt. After all the homes were purchased, it is still going extremely slow. I’m not sure what the delay is. Once it is finished, I’m not sure what the master plan is because it will then come back down into town, where it will narrow down into just two lanes again. Maybe they will buy out more homes on the left-hand side at the bottom of the hill. They are also moving a lot of dirt and digging foundations and pouring a lot of cement and rebar on the bay. They are planning a major dock there.

Reactions: aarhus

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
They are widening that road and it is a major undertaking because they had to buy out many homes on the left-hand side and move a lot of dirt. After all the homes were purchased, it is still going extremely slow. I’m not sure what the delay is. Once it is finished, I’m not sure what the master plan is because it will then come back down into town, where it will narrow down into just two lanes again. Maybe they will buy out more homes on the left-hand side at the bottom of the hill. They are also moving a lot of dirt and digging foundations and pouring a lot of cement and rebar on the bay. They are planning a major dock there.
Thanks! I was wondering what might have happened to all of the houses on the left side.