American Breakfast in Santiago?????

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Z are you reading this from Canada, come back to the DR and make sausage and slim jims.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
Plaza Nunez? that is a pretty good spot to eat.

I haven't found any such thing in Puerto Plata either. But Sosua has a couple of restaurants who understand overeasy.
Coming out of the STI airport heading towards the city in less than half a mile pn the right there is a place I have stopped and had an almost acceptably American breakfast.
Der Fish

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

What could you possibly be doing on EYE SORE . com?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
coincidental

Last edited:

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
You DR1 guy's came through for me today!!! all the places you mentioned are in a 5 - 10 block radius of me , I just got back in from the " Friday's " chain and I can now cross the spareribs off my craving list, and I went to la Sirene earlier and got the bacon, eggs, etc etc. thank you so very much!!.... there is a line from the " Godfather" movie where Michael tells his father ' I am with you now Pop, I am with you' well that's how I feel about DR1 now "I am with you now, I am with you....":smoke:

craigP

Dec 4, 2012

How was your breakfast?????[/QUOTE]my goodness it was delicious made a country boy proud and there were also a few Americans in there that started chatting me up as soon as they recognized a fellow American so that was really nice, all in all a darn good day and I have now found my version of "the waffle house" here in Dominica, again thank you!!!

OP I totally understand what you are saying. I knew the hardest part of me moving here would be the food.
I am an extremely picky food person and don't cook. I always ate out most of the time. My wife cooks but she is the most healthy person ever and is allergic to all the good stuff so I don't eat her cooking!

I have however found quite a few restaurants that I like in Sosua and Cabarete and get my fast food cravings dealt with in Santiago and SD.

I just went to IHOP in SD last week and ordered 5 things. I thought it was pretty close to Canada's / US's version. I LOVED IT!!!!

The only reason I am excited to go home to Vancouver is for my Fav chain restaurants!! I will eat well for 2 weeks, CAN'T WAIT!!!

I also make my own food at home, I have only had the pleasure of eating rice and eggs for dinner once and that was when we got our welcome dinner when we first arrived from our Maid.

If I go to Dominican parties in our Village etc... I eat before and don't touch a thing they cook! This is probably rude of me but they all laugh because my Wife tells them how picky I am. :)

I seriously get excited to go to Santiago so I can eat at PRICESMART, Taco Bell or Quiznos!!!!
I miss fountain pop like you wouldn't believe! What is with so much pop in 2 liter bottles? Gross!
I spend the extra $ and buy cans!

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
that's exactly what it is dv8, ive never had cat litter, but I imagine it would taste the same,lol

what on earth is this grits thingy? sounds like something i put in a litter box so my cats can s**t in it. fresh step, it's called. large bag costs about 500 pesos.

i eat mangu, platanos, yuka, fried cheese and other dominican staples. but for me there is no better breakfast than large sandwich with white cheese, kielbasa, radish and freshly pickled cucumber. followed by hot tea with lemon and raspberry syrup.

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
that's exactly what it is dv8, ive never had cat litter, but I imagine it would taste the same,lol
FYI - ?Grits are hot; they are abundant, and they will by-gosh stick to your ribs. Give your farmhands (that is, your children) cold cereal for breakfast and see how many rows they hoe. Make them a pot of grits and butter, and they?ll hoe till dinner and be glad to do it.? :smoke:

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, Just to clarify Square One is in the Shell station on Estrella Sadhala across from what could be called the back gate to PUCMM. I agree with Gurabo444 as the quality and service is excellent. And the owner Luis has always come through when I ask for the Tardiff Orphanage.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
It's finely ground corn meal, cooked up like a farina or an oatmeal breakfast. Southern US cooking. Didn't you see "My Cousin Vinny"? :confused: Think of a looser polenta :)

I love mangu when it's made right, yuca any way it's made, fried cheese is delish. In 4 decades I haven't found one Dominican who can cook eggs right, the yolks are always dry - I do it myself. I can't eat boiled platanos. We tried the little Dominican sausages for breakfast, but yuck and too salty.

[video=youtube;uYoYPJ5uwFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uYoYPJ5uwFg[/video]

haha...
great movie.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
grits sound like cat litter made with milk, something like oats. or - god forbid - cornflakes. i do not recognize any of this crap as food. bought some kind of american breakfast flakes once, totally gross and so sweet i spat it out. the rest of the box went directly into the bowl. dogs bowl. they eat cat s**t as a treat, the cereal was probably not up to pair with that but they ate it anyway. why would any human being eat that is beyond me...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
grits sound like cat litter made with milk, something like oats. or - god forbid - cornflakes. i do not recognize any of this crap as food. bought some kind of american breakfast flakes once, totally gross and so sweet i spat it out. the rest of the box went directly into the bowl. dogs bowl. they eat cat s**t as a treat, the cereal was probably not up to pair with that but they ate it anyway. why would any human being eat that is beyond me...

what is this now? you have a thing against oatmeal, but you eat fried white cheese.?now i really have to rethink proposing....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
write it off under "cultural differences" :) ;)

i googled grit. looks like something served in bukkake restaurant.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just found out that SACHER on Republica del L?bano, near the corner of TEXAS has pancakes and is open Sundays. Good food there IMO...I have not tried their pancakes but their sandwiches are very good and not expensive!

A service of

HB the friendly, helpful HB :)

FYI: I must be mellowing: That is the first time since December of 2006 that I put up a happy face! I need to be more careful..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just found out that SACHER on Republica del L?bano, near the corner of TEXAS has pancakes and is open Sundays. Good food there IMO...I have not tried their pancakes but their sandwiches are very good and not expensive!

A service of

HB the friendly, helpful HB :)

FYI: I must be mellowing: That is the first time since December of 2006 that I put up a happy face! I need to be more careful..

laughter is the best medicine..or so i am told