American Hamburgers

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
In Puerto Plata La Sirena sells frozen Black Angus burgers Imported from the States around RD $50.00 pesos each.
No doubt killers with corporate greed antibiotics and increased sodium/sugar content, all approved by the Angus Beef FDA lapdogs, their oversight bought with mere cases of 28-day dry aged prime filet and Porterhouse.

Comrades, be fearful of the Beef Industrial complex. Their goal is hippie-raised free-range chicken domination and full destruction of the Vegan lifestyle. Imagine a world where prime rib is legally displayed next to organic, hydroponic watercress grown to the wistful sounds of Secret Garden. What's next? Smoked genetically-altered manatee? Spotted Owl wings?

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya. I'll bet Racer X has specific documentation of this sinister plot.

Pork of the World, Unite!

:cheeky:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
cobraboy you are safer here sticking with the server and now what is being served. But should your temptations lead down the path of more evil, maybe the sign on her hat provides some hint she might have some nursing skills that might come in handy for you later. Great BM for sure at any rate.
Heart Attack Grill, baby. Bestestestets burgers ever...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
42 (now 43) posts in less than 24 hours. Man alive, we now know what moves us the most: Our taste for a great hamburger. Only the earthquake in Haiti brought out more posts...so fast.

This was a fun read...thanks all. And to the one that posted about Cobraboy's stacked burger and asked if it was "fat free?" The answer is no, it is "free fat" and extremely satisfying...

HB

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There is this American guy selling Hamburger's on the Malecon Puerto Plata that claims his Burger's are the best and biggest in town "Big Lee's"

mallie27s_big_burger.jpg

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I cant believe that nobody know where to find a good burger in Santo Domingo.
Chef Pepper has angus burger, better or same quality than any I had in US.
In Supermarkets, you can buy angus burger in Nacional (arroyo hondo, bella vista mall), Bravo (los cacicazgos)
Chef Pepper has an excellent Poppy seed and Sesame seed buns.(not cheap, almost 50pesos ea.)
they have delivery. Chef Pepper. 809 565 4068 565 4068

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
If a European beef farmer is caught using the same hormones and antibiotics the Americans use in raising cattle, he is sent to jail.

Which does not mean I do not enjoy a good American steak.

Can anybody confirm if Cubano's is sold? I would sorely miss their philly cheese steak sandwich.

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
Belgiank being that my brother was looking for a business he got an email fromm the guy who had it listed and had said that there was an offer made on it and that he was preparing the paperwork for the Cubano's. I actually looked at it and moved my sights elsewhere.

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
An now all this hamburger talk has me on my way to the store to buy some USDA beef and cook me up one. What did I do to myself. UGH

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
There is PLENTY of beef processed in the US that is simply corn fed sans antibiotics and hormones. Plenty. However, not everyone wants to pay the higher price.

The US beef "ban" in Europe was because of Mad Cow in the early 90's. Both US and Canada appealed the ruling to the WTO and won based on the evidence presented by the USFDA which showed the level of hormones in boof was not harmful to humans. In fact, the EU had to pay around $110-120 million in sanctions for the prior "ban." Many believe the "ban" was protectionist in nature under the umbrella of public safety.

That doesn't stop the do-gooder from complaining. If they don't want to eat the beef, then don't eat the beef. You want to label beef PC or Deathfood, go ahead. But stay out of someone elses personal decisions. (Insert Chopper John video)

BTW, the US and Cananada responded to the ban with retaliatory import duties of Euro luxury product which affected the delicate Euro sensibilities. I revcall the rift came to a close in late May 2011.

Just sayin'...

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
White castle is sold at Publix, in the frozen food area. I lived in Delray Beach. In Deerfield Beach there is a place called the Red Caboose, on Powerline, near Hillsboro, that makes their own. very good, also carries birch beer,

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
Cobraboy, it actually is a White Castle. They (I don't know how they do it) serve white castle at some bar in Ybor city Thurs-Sun. Been doing it for 4 years now. A strange surprise on a drunken adventure recently

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Cobraboy, it actually is a White Castle. They (I don't know how they do it) serve white castle at some bar in Ybor city Thurs-Sun. Been doing it for 4 years now. A strange surprise on a drunken adventure recently
Sorry, I misread your post.

Didn't know there was a WC downtown. Haven't lived there for 3.5 years. There have been Krystal all over for many years...

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
Not that Tampa is much to miss. I live on Clearwater Beach right now and Florida as a whole depresses me now days. It is a shell of itself

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Not that Tampa is much to miss. I live on Clearwater Beach right now and Florida as a whole depresses me now days. It is a shell of itself
I love that area, my home (except for here and a couple of jobs) since 1970. Mom CB still lives there.