American Locked Up In CCR-17

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
You do seem to have a very specific view of the 7.5M women in DR. There are plenty of women who are not chicas and not out to get as much money out of tourists as they can. Many of those reading this are married to Dominican women who are honest and decent.
You have read more into my post that I intended....I am married to the Dominican woman you describe, and for many years.............

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Thanks for your candor. Feel free to direct message me. In my appeal letter, my girlfriend clearly states what she said during her recorded interrogation was not held up as truth or credible during the initial arraignment hearing. She says she was violent, she created an outburst, that she doesn't want me in prison, that I do not pose any threat to her, etc... That I've been a victim to the ministry and system here because of the mistakes made from the judicial system.

I did not harm her at all. I would never. I've served in the military and have two sisters that look up to me. I'm a person of honor, just found myself in a messy situation unfortunately. I'm not trying to cover up anything, and I know what I'm saying is probably the anomaly to the truth of many of these cases, so I can understand your specificity/skepticism.

When I said "I had a small accident" I used that as a general term/reference to connotate that there was a discrepancy between us. She misinterpreted a message on my phone and took it in the form of a jealous rage (the thought and fear of a past experience she suffered from happening again).

The evidence is a picture of her bruise, no blood or anything, that was caused by her own person, but the prosecutor has twisted the narrative to his own agenda. Nothing else, no neighbor complaints, no one else was there, just us. As she was breaking belongings in my apartment she fell in the outburst of her emotions, to which she's mentioned and has sworn under oath. I did not hit her, and this is what the prosecutor is misrepresenting, which has lead me to where I am.

OK, so what I don't understand is how and when you came to be arrested. According to you, you guys were having a big argument about something on your phone, she started smashing things, she hurt herself. So how did the police get called? And what did she say to them initially to make them charge you?

As I said earlier, the key to all of this is whether or not you hit her (you say you didn't, I want to know if she initially said you did and then changed this).

Therealmichaeluribe

Jul 17, 2021
Santo Domingo
OK, so what I don't understand is how and when you came to be arrested. According to you, you guys were having a big argument about something on your phone, she started smashing things, she hurt herself. So how did the police get called? And what did she say to them initially to make them charge you?

As I said earlier, the key to all of this is whether or not you hit her (you say you didn't, I want to know if she initially said you did and then changed this).
In the initial post I mention her friends convincing her to file a report-- it was false, she initially said I did and then changed it.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
IMO nothing in this situation seems very clear. However "if" the OP is truly innocent then this would seem to be a "pay to be free" situation. If that is the case then the OP/family may want to find out maybe via their lawyer how much will it cost for his freedom. Then I would suggest move on from this.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Just curious, where did this take place? Santo Domingo, etc.....

Therealmichaeluribe

Jul 17, 2021
Santo Domingo
IMO nothing in this situation seems very clear. However "if" the OP is truly innocent then this would seem to be a "pay to be free" situation. If that is the case then the OP/family may want to find out maybe via their lawyer how much will it cost for his freedom. Then I would suggest move on from this.
The ministry secretary wants $25000, does that seem like the regular rate

Therealmichaeluribe

Jul 17, 2021
Santo Domingo
I would think pre emptive prison would be the last route... I wasn't offered bail, ankle bracelet, etc.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I would talk to your lawyer and have him negotiate a better cash price. If it is truly just about money then he should be able to do that. Again, where did this incident take place?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
He did say that there was some domestic violence so I presume he means he hit her. That's how this started. There is never a justification for a man to beat a woman. Suggesting that the lady is at fault for getting him locked up ignores the fact that he hit her.

No woman should be expected to just move on with her life if a man hits her.
Maybe she hit him.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I did not harm her. She has signed documents stating that she was violent, started the incident, harmed herself, and was extorted by the prosecutor. She has a personality disorder and harmed herself, and I've been blamed for her own self inflictions. There is a photo of her injury that she caused to her own person; the prosecutor said if she did not go against me he would put her in jail.
very believable.

Reactions: Therealmichaeluribe

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I still believe that this is something he needs to get a big gun lawyer involved in and also discuss this with the embassy. I'm surprised to be honest that any officials are asking for cash given the purge on corruption at the moment and unless he has someone powerful involved in handing this cash over it might just end up being paid and nothing changing. Thanks for your 25000 but the Judge said Sorry.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I would think pre emptive prison would be the last route... I wasn't offered bail, ankle bracelet, etc.

You're looking at the world through an American lens. Things in DR are simpler. You hit someone you get locked up. You injure someone in a car accident you get locked up. I don't think they even have ankle bracelets and if they did i would bet serious money they wouldn't work. Mi Amor.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I still believe that this is something he needs to get a big gun lawyer involved in and also discuss this with the embassy. I'm surprised to be honest that any officials are asking for cash given the purge on corruption at the moment and unless he has someone powerful involved in handing this cash over it might just end up being paid and nothing changing. Thanks for your 25000 but the Judge said Sorry
If what he is saying is true I agree 100%. I still have the same question, where did this take place? Smaller town, local officials?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
No assumption of innocence by certain posters here. To the OP, thank you for your service and I am sorry you got involved with a wackjob. My non lawyer legal advice is to stop answering third degree questions here, but consider the advise given here. You asked for advice, no an interrogation.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
No assumption of innocence by certain posters here. To the OP, thank you for your service and I am sorry you got involved with a wackjob. My non lawyer legal advice is to stop answering third degree questions here, but consider the advise given here. You asked for advice, no an interrogation.
"Advice" "Not an interrogation"... Hate that five minute rule.