American Locked Up In CCR-17

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Types of Forum Posters - Feel free to add your own definitions

Internet Warriors – Where defeat is not an option.

Motor Mouths – Non-stop postings (In same thread, multiple threads, member of multiple media sites.

Xerox Posters – Did I tell you that ………

Einstein Scholars – Posting the “Truth, nothing but the Truth”.

Lazy Posters – Where can I buy a bottle of beer, rice, etc.

Jack of all Trades – Trust me, I know everything.

View attachment 4702
Some here fall into multiple categories.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
No, that sounds far too much.
After hearing the amount $25k.... I am thinking maybe a sock puppet is in play here.....not to mention if this is real... 3 months preventive custody, after 1 day in a Dominican jail he would gladly pay that to get out.........

Feb 7, 2007
I still believe that this is something he needs to get a big gun lawyer involved in and also discuss this with the embassy. I'm surprised to be honest that any officials are asking for cash given the purge on corruption at the moment and unless he has someone powerful involved in handing this cash over it might just end up being paid and nothing changing. Thanks for your 25000 but the Judge said Sorry.

My daughter is going through a case where we finally got abusive BF locked up after 3 arrest warrants issued and months of no action by police on those warrants. Our lawyer says the DAs in DR are so sensitive about gender violence cases that they err on the side of caution and file 309-2 charges even at slightest hint of violence. And they always ask for 3 months. And even if the victim desists they continue with cases, especially with so many cases lately (Higüey 8 dead, San Pedro, San Cristóbal, etc...) All high profile cases with domestic violence involved. Fiscals are prosecuting and not looking into anything else than prosecution. There is even one Fiscal serving time for dropping the case which later resulted in victim being killed by the same guy who had been previously locked up and then released and yes money was involved. So I don't think your 25k will secure your release in this case, only maybe make someone richer.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You're at flight risk, accused of violence against women. The judge made the right decision within the circumstances he was presented with at the moment of the arraignment. No one wants to be THAT one who easily set free someone who ended up either fleeing the country or harming the victim, as this has happened before.

Locals get preventiva all the time for stuff like this, but it seems you expected some sort of special treatment just for being a U.S. citizen.

Arraingments are not about being guilty, and the person doesn't need to be held for three months. Some People get bail with a "revision". The problem might be that you dont have "arraigo" in the D.R. , no businesses, no other relatives?, no home, apart from the place you shared with your gf. Is that correct?
It doesn't matter if your gf changed ther mind, as she has already set the case in motion and it's a matter of "public action"now. Also many women are coerced into dropping the cases, so they're careful with that.
As Long as the prosecution has some evidence, they can push the case.
Also if the prosecutor runs out of evidence to sutain a trial, they will drop it. Unfortunately, sometimes they wait the three full months or ask for 3 more months to investigate more.
A good lawyer can help you. You dont need to para anyone.
Watch out with people who approach you asking you for money saying it's to pay the judge. This is for themselves!

100% in agreement with every word of this.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
After hearing the amount $25k.... I am thinking maybe a sock puppet is in play here.....not to mention if this is real... 3 months preventive custody, after 1 day in a Dominican jail he would gladly pay that to get out.........

He's in Najayo though and he has got a cellphone, I presume it's not quite as bad as being in La Victoria. They seem to lock up the high profile and foreign prisoners in Najayo so maybe they're proud of that one.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
La Victoria, a prison that has conjugal visits daily. And if you have no wife or girlfriend they have hookers for a very reasonable price. In jail here money talks..............

• Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya
Aug 21, 2007
La Victoria, a prison that has conjugal visits daily. And if you have no wife or girlfriend they have hookers for a very reasonable price. In jail here money talks..............
Lord have mercy! Not important that the cells are clean, that there are 3 good meals a day, or that the prisons are safe.......just provide them with the ability to have sex daily with their novia or any woman for hire. Now THAT is setting priorities!

Reactions: I love Azua

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Pretty funny you know there are conjugal visits at the prison and how to get hookers at reasonable price there.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Did they give you some computer time this AM?

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
What about Tinder? How about the Sugar Daddy apps???? Can you order off there? Provide us some more details.

What about other prisons with reasonable prices?? I have soooooo many questions.....

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Pretty funny you know there are conjugal visits at the prison and how to get hookers at reasonable price there.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Did they give you some computer time this AM?
It's been common knowledge for many years.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well, I bet you didnt know...they sell wrist cosages to the inmates that they may buy for special occasions like prom nights, anniversaries and birthdays. :cool:

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
It's been common knowledge for many years.
Sorry JD,,, Lived here 6 years.. That wasnt in the information or tourist package I got.

What if you have a wife and girlfriend. Can you still get reasonably priced hookers, or are you limited??

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015

I am sorry.. I do this a lot... When there is such an interesting topic that I can learn from. I have questions. So PLEASE just one more since I didn't get the common knowledge information that SKY has informed us about.

What is the definition of Reasonable Price for hookers? Is that by Sosua standards, Santo Domingo, or Punta Cana?

I am only asking so I am FULLY prepared if I end up in La Victoria.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In case anyone thinks theres anything remotely glamorous about La Victoria, here is a documentary film about it in Spanish - you can turn on English subtitles by using the CC button as normal on Youtube.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I am sorry.. I do this a lot... When there is such an interesting topic that I can learn from. I have questions. So PLEASE just one more since I didn't get the common knowledge information that SKY has informed us about.

What is the definition of Reasonable Price for hookers? Is that by Sosua standards, Santo Domingo, or Punta Cana?

I am only asking so I am FULLY prepared if I end up in La Victoria.

Trust me you really wouldn't want to end up there. It's as close to hell as you could imagine being.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Trust me you really wouldn't want to end up there. It's as close to hell as you could imagine being.
Right.
How many of you folks really had the "pleasure" to visit la Victoria personal? Not so much I think.
I was there 6 times visiting my SIL who spend there 2 month before we get him out under bail. So i can tell you it's very different you see it on TV or with your own eyes.
And yes you can by everything in there, we pay for a place to sleep, for the mattress, for the ventilator and even for protection. When you see this hell inside there, the smell, the bad boys, you wish nobody to end there, so don't step your feet in problems who will get you in the arms of dom. justice.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since we’ve moved on from the legalities of the situation, I’ve moved the thread into the General Forum.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Right.
How many of you folks really had the "pleasure" to visit la Victoria personal? Not so much I think.
I was there 6 times visiting my SIL who spend there 2 month before we get him out under bail. So i can tell you it's very different you see it on TV or with your own eyes.
And yes you can by everything in there, we pay for a place to sleep, for the mattress, for the ventilator and even for protection. When you see this hell inside there, the smell, the bad boys, you wish nobody to end there, so don't step your feet in problems who will get you in the arms of dom. justice.

The Spanish vid shows them mingling out in the yard. Is that really accurate? I've never visited a Dominican prison but have visited 2 in Haiti. There was no mingling in a big yard in the 2 I saw. There were 20 or so guys in a 12 by 12 cell with a common bucket. Horrible. I'm guessing Haiti is worse than the DR, but being able to walk out in the courtyard free would be a definite plus.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
In case anyone thinks theres anything remotely glamorous about La Victoria, here is a documentary film about it in Spanish - you can turn on English subtitles by using the CC button as normal on Youtube.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there have been some reforms in La Victoria since this was recorded. (2014) and I don't think they are allowed cel phones anymore.

The new penal colony they built recently is to resolve the problems en La Victoria as well.