american man extorted in cabarete

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
his story does not make sense. when he enters and sees smoke and waits 15 minutes for the management company to show up AND THEN the fire is extinguished with a fire extinguisher? seems like an awfully long to for the fire to be blazing to be put out with just an extinguisher

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Mattresses are made to smolder, not burst into flames. It's done with chemicals to protect us against dropping a lit cig. (another way they are killing us)

Here's what happened: they awoke from their drug induced embrace in a smoke filled room. One of them had been or still was on the corner of the bed, passed out backwards. That's where the pipe/tin foil/matches/lighter fell on the bedding. They then ran out side screaming like a couple of girls. On the way out the dominican tried to "save" some valuables, and threw them in the bushes. Took awhile for management to show up and help extinguish the fire. Before management showed up, he concockted the "we just got home and there was an electrical fire!" story.

Case solved. How'd I do Matt?

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
. . . that he was "working to create an exchange program with American schools" in Cabarete?? it doesn't sound right to me.

Cabarete AND Boca Chica according to his blog. The picture of him is of a "playero", so I don't doubt at all that his trip was funded by an NGO ? isn't that what they do?

Professor in International Relations? Exchange of what? Relations?

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Well done ctrob. However as I said, even though some people think I have arrived at a conclusion, without forensics I would only have a theory unless this person sat down across from me. Based on his previous statements I would love to talk to him.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I was a criminal investigator for many years and have conducted many interviews. CC you will probably understand this but intelligent educated people are much easier to brake down than those who are more intellectually challenged. The reasons for this are many and varied and if you buy me enough presidentes I will talk to you about it. I am in Sosua until April.
matt.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was a criminal investigator for many years and have conducted many interviews. CC you will probably understand this but intelligent educated people are much easier to brake down than those who are more intellectually challenged.

Who are you calling CC on this thread?

hombre987

Nov 17, 2013
I was a criminal investigator for many years and have conducted many interviews. CC you will probably understand this but intelligent educated people are much easier to brake down than those who are more intellectually challenged. The reasons for this are many and varied and if you buy me enough presidentes I will talk to you about it. I am in Sosua until April.
matt.
"brake down". We're not talking about cars here. "Break down." Hope your investigative skills are better than your spelling and grammar skills.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"brake down". We're not talking about cars here. "Break down." Hope your investigative skills are better than your spelling and grammar skills.

Seems like a good enough spot for a break/ brake

[video=youtube;kQB_bvVyemc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQB_bvVyemc[/video]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gee, guys, you are heartless, like. not an easy crowd here on dr1...
:)

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
This post and thread is always tough. I was a detective and investigated many violent crimes in Toronto. DR has fewer violent crimes than Toronto Canada and way less than most American cities.

Jack Quick

Jan 11, 2014
The story sounds odd. Cabarete is a small town. Everybody knows everybody pretty quickly for good or bad. Yes - there are lots of things that can go wrong along the lines of what happened here and everybody knows it. Having a Dominican guy walk you through things (the assistant) is a good idea too. I'll have to check with a couple of my contacts to see what's really going on.

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
I thought I would check Monaga.net (a gay expat's blog about the DR) to get the gay take on this case, and I got a chuckle because one of the commenters was "Chip," but I don't think it's our wayward Chip somehow, as it's unlikely he would've gravitated THERE.

May 29, 2006
Apparently still lurking, but onto greener pastures for the most part. He's in contact with some DR1 folks but not on the forum.