American Restauranteur Murdered in Las Terranas

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Sad news from Las Terranas about the murder of Mario Oliver well known Californian restauranteur.

IMG_20221027_073050_552-1024x683.webp

El mismo residía en el sector de Las Ballenas del municipio de Las Terrenas en esta provincia de Samaná, según información de lugar los causantes de la muerte sustrajeron varios relojes de la marca Rolex, así como una caja fuerte que se encontraba en la residencia.
Al lugar del hecho se presentaron miembros de la Policía Preventiva y del DICRIM acompañados del Magistrado Reinaldo Quevedo y la médico legista Dra. Caren, quienes certificaron que la muerte se produjo por trauma craneal y comprensión manual en el cuello (ahorcado).
El cadaver fue enviado al instituto de ciencia forense INACIF de San Francisco de Macoris para fines de investigación.

Navegación de entradas​

Dos personas muertas en avenida Ecológica tras ser atropelladas

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Sorry power went of while posting here is the translation & source.
Found dead and gagged a North American national in a village in Las Terrenas
The Lands, Samana. - He was found dead and gagged at about 9:00 pm last night Wednesday October 26 the lifeless body of a man who was identified as Mario Jack Oliver 71 years old of North American nationality, who was an entrepreneur.
The same residence in the Las Whales sector of the municipality of Las Terrenas in this province of Samana, according to location information the causes of death stole several Rolex watches, as well as a safe box that was found in the residence.
Members of the Preventive Police and DICRIM presented at the scene accompanied by Magistrate Reinaldo Quevedo and the forensic doctor Dr. Caren, who certified that the death was caused by craneal trauma and manual understanding in the c bear (hanging).
The body was sent to the INACIF Institute of Forensic Science in San Francisco de Macoris for research purposes.
Source: redesdelnordeste.com
Sad news from Las Terranas about the murder of Mario Oliver well known Californian restauranteur.

IMG_20221027_073050_552-1024x683.webp

El mismo residía en el sector de Las Ballenas del municipio de Las Terrenas en esta provincia de Samaná, según información de lugar los causantes de la muerte sustrajeron varios relojes de la marca Rolex, así como una caja fuerte que se encontraba en la residencia.
Al lugar del hecho se presentaron miembros de la Policía Preventiva y del DICRIM acompañados del Magistrado Reinaldo Quevedo y la médico legista Dra. Caren, quienes certificaron que la muerte se produjo por trauma craneal y comprensión manual en el cuello (ahorcado).
El cadaver fue enviado al instituto de ciencia forense INACIF de San Francisco de Macoris para fines de investigación.

Navegación de entradas​

Dos personas muertas en avenida Ecológica tras ser atropelladas

• Sad
Reactions: JD Jones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Otherwise intelligent people sometimes just don’t understand the danger or think it’s exaggerated. My own daughter argued with me when I told her to leave her diamond wedding rings home when coming down to our house. (Different story if you’re going to an AI and not leaving the resort)

RIP to Mr Oliver.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Otherwise intelligent people sometimes just don’t understand the danger or think it’s exaggerated. My own daughter argued with me when I told her to leave her diamond wedding rings home when coming down to our house. (Different story if you’re going to an AI and not leaving the resort)

RIP to Mr Oliver.
Sad but true.
RIP.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We leave all the expensive stuff in a safe in Canada during our 6 month DR stays. All we bring is inexpensive wedding bands and a cheap watch that rarely gets worn.
Condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Oliver

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Does anyone if Californian restauranteur Mario Oliver is also a restauranteur in LT ? If so , at which establishment ?

RIP Mario Oliver.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I do know that Playa Las Ballenas has ZERO security,,,,it is lovely but isolated - far from the Village - only Europeans around. There are some safe places in LT and some good folks. Also some Very High Level International Crooks. And - yes - Anyone who is 71 and comes to LT with 2 Rolex watches and has a safe is doing something equivalent to "death by cop"
I lived there back in days before the streets were paved-- when folks were held at gunpoint by the taxi drivers who delivered them from the airport...

An All Inclusive Las Terrenas is NOT!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone if Californian restauranteur Mario Oliver is also a restauranteur in LT ? If so , at which establishment ?

RIP Mario Oliver.
I think you meant "had" a restaurant in LT. Someone should know that.
Never understood the need for an expensive inaccurate mechanical watch.

May his situation be a lesson for others so they will benefit.

Indeed RIP Mario Oliver.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I do know that Playa Las Ballenas has ZERO security,,,,it is lovely but isolated - far from the Village - only Europeans around. There are some safe places in LT and some good folks. Also some Very High Level International Crooks. And - yes - Anyone who is 71 and comes to LT with 2 Rolex watches and has a safe is doing something equivalent to "death by cop"
I lived there back in days before the streets were paved-- when folks were held at gunpoint by the taxi drivers who delivered them from the airport...

An All Inclusive Las Terrenas is NOT!
I love these madcap and mayhem posts, Elizabeth. Living on the edge!

Reactions: Big

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Imagine being killed for a bulky status symbol watch. I have a friend that is a watch collector.
I don't get it - my cell phone gives me perfect time.

I'm too ugly for a fancy watch to distract from that

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think you meant "had" a restaurant in LT. Someone should know that.
Never understood the need for an expensive inaccurate mechanical watch.

May his situation be a lesson for others so they will benefit.

Indeed RIP Mario Oliver.
I have a raymond weil mechanical watch, and it is very accurate as is my very old Omega. The need to kill when you can just steal is the crazy thing.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I know Las Terrenas. I wouldn’t think wearing an expensive watch should really be such a high risk as long as you are just normally careful. There seems to be a bit of a pattern with older single men. Maybe they are more vulnerable. And as some suggest maybe something more going on.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From London England --

Leave your expensive watches at home or they’ll be stolen, Chelsea and Mayfair shoppers warned​

Public safety campaign launched by prominent online auction house in response to surging watch thefts in the capital

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
From London England --

Leave your expensive watches at home or they’ll be stolen, Chelsea and Mayfair shoppers warned​

Public safety campaign launched by prominent online auction house in response to surging watch thefts in the capital
So you're saying it's not just here?

Reactions: danely18