American style propane tank

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Not a very good idea to put the tank under the grill......Dangerous in fact.....

It is not safe to store a propane tank under a grill. In fact, it's one of the most common mistakes people make. You want the tank to be in a cool, dry place away from heat sources. Anything above 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 degrees Celsius) can overheat the tank and potentially cause an explosion.Dec 10, 2022
I get what you are saying, but put your hand under there no heat to worry about and most bbq have it that way with no issues issue would be if you didn’t tighten properly reg to tank, plus it couldn’t be any worse then here where condos put tank under sink:oops: that freaks me out more..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I imported my BBQ..... Weber with a side table
I bought the hose and tank here so had no issues

I wonder why you ship... pay to ship... a tank ??

I put the tank where you see the charcoal bin... on the right

1674586084456.png

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I can't find them here, but in Florida I would buy wood chips(they came in hickory, cherrywood, mesquite), soak them in water, and throw some on top of the ceramic briquettes in my gas grill. Great smoked flavor without the hassle of a charcoal grill.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I can't find them here, but in Florida I would buy wood chips(they came in hickory, cherrywood, mesquite), soak them in water, and throw some on top of the ceramic briquettes in my gas grill. Great smoked flavor without the hassle of a charcoal grill.

I have an unopened bag of apple wood chips and “somewhere” a small metal box you put them in and pop in gas grill for smoking. If you find yourself on south coast you can have them.

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Jumbo sells it… even whiskey flavoured

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The two things I didn't like about charcoal grills were they took so long to get up to temperature and disposing of the ashes later. Maybe the new ones have solved that(?).

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The best way I found to start charcoal is to use napkins that I pour old vegetable oil on and place with the charcoal. It take awhile and I am sure the gas thing is a lot faster.

Reactions: JD Jones