American Thrown Off The Guagua

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If I could find my post about how I exited a crowded gua-gua thru the back side window.... I'd post it
Grabbing the roof rail and pulling myself out backwards....
Flabbergasted was an understatement - the passengers & driver
Fat lady beside - in front - all around
Never met a chica on a gua-gua.....just fat, bearded women

Never had an incident......

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I use guaguas in and around Santiago on a weekly basis.
Just came back from Moca on one this afternoon.
OP's story was an entertaining read but its complete bullsh*t.

This guy has been coming here for two years and living here on the north coast for one. He doesn't have a car. He uses the publicos and guaguas here all the time - never had one problem. He also has Dominican friends in Santiago and goes there frequently. He's never had one problem in Santiago on the guaguas either.

Your comment about never having a problem on guaguas in Santiago was pointless because, as I said in my first post, this happened 35 miles NW of Santiago near Jaibon.

Your powers of deduction are absolutely amazing - since you ride guaguas all over Santiago and you've never had a problem with a guagua driver, it's therefore impossible that anybody else anywhere could possibly have a problem. Sure. What an egocentric world you live in.

My friend related this story to me in a total state of bewilderment - much like the reaction of many of the posters on this thread. He expressed no animosity at all towards the driver.

There was absolutely nothing for him to gain by telling me this story. Your crude assertion that he made this up is totally absurd.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Your powers of deduction are absolutely amazing - since you ride guaguas all over Santiago and you've never had a problem with a guagua driver, it's therefore impossible that anybody else anywhere could possibly have a problem. Sure. What an egocentric world you live in............ Your crude assertion that he made this up is totally absurd.

Indeed my powers of deduction are absolutely amazing..
If this "incident" actually happened with guagua being packed
full of people as your friend claims, it would have been
all over social media down here within a matter of hours.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but as an American you're more likely to hit
Loteka lottery twice in one day then to be kicked off a guagua
anywhere in this country for absolutely no reason at all.

Hardly a crude assertion but I obviously struck a nerve...oops :cheeky:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

No. Wrong again. It would only be all over the news if he made an issue out of it and reported it - which he didn't.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018

As much as Dominicans love social media and with the easy powers now granted by having access to technology such as smart phones (for dumb people), I would agree that this episode would've had been recorded and made public immediately.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As much as Dominicans love social media and with the easy powers now granted by having access to technology such as smart phones (for dumb people), I would agree that this episode would've had been recorded and made public immediately.

There were mostly Haitians onboard and Dominicans prefer to record things like gory car crashes and violent confrontations. Even if some Dominican did record it, hardly something that would garner much attention on Dominican social media. Not the kind of thing that would go viral.

Sep 20, 2003
I have some friends who are flight attendants and they hated doing the Miami to Port-au-Prince flight - not because they were Haitians, but because of the odor. If you are ever on a busload full of Haitians some day and forgot to use your deodorant, don't worry - nobody will notice!

I have flown from Miami to PAP and I never noticed anyone having poor hygiene. :tired: I have lived in Haiti, and the Haitians are not dirty people.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have flown from Miami to PAP and I never noticed anyone having poor hygiene. :tired: I have lived in Haiti, and the Haitians are not dirty people.

i concur wholeheartedly. i travel on public transportation daily , and the buses are usually laden with Haitians. i do not know what this poster is talking about here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This thread is a good reminder about how no deed goes unpunished on DR1. The OP relayed a story, and look at how it mushroomed into unfounded theories, insults and misinformation. We’re done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.