AMET in full swing. (warning)

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Finally

Police enforcing the law. :surprised

It works everywhere else so why not here?

As long as you don't do anything illegal and you have your new 'revista' you have nothing to fear. If on the other hand they handed out bogus tickets just to collect money or tickets were issued only for gringos (or any other single group of people) it would be another matter.

If you ran a red light, talked on cell phone while driving, not wearing your seatbelt you know you broke the law. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people fined for this; Hell I would expect to be fined. These people should just be happy the fine is to be paid in pesos after the local scale. Chirimoya was fined for driving the wrong way on a one-way street once. It came to 25 pesos! I guess the whining must be about the time lost for getting your license back.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Bok, you sound like a well adjusted, reasonable, responsible young man. I see why Pib married you. ;)

Wineclubs

I'm a living brain doner
Jul 10, 2005
Getting stopped

They had the army - with guns - and the National Police today stopping all vehicles on the Jamoa/Sabaneta de Yassica road. Got stopped both ways but no search as soon as they saw whatever they apologised but some vehicles were being stripped - looking for guns they said.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
soapbox

While lawlessness and mayhem is the m.o. of anarchists, it has no place in civil society.

The fact that AZB puportedly has "connections" that allow him to break the laws with impunity.....only makes him part of the problem in the DR. That's just the type of un-ethical and im-moral attitude that keeps countries like the DR down in the pits. Just don't complain when the lights go out or prices skyrocket. ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I am sure it is temporary. Always is. They probably are being pressed to bring in more money. Probably has little to do with making society civil. Everything will be back to normal soon. It is really hard to take their policies serious when you are being ticketed while pasolas pass you with the father and two children on the back and all not wearing a helmet. Or how about the carro publico that spits oil at you and throws a bolt at you as you pass. They go on their merry way. You gotta laugh

THE GAME said:
i will be driving in santiago tomorrow... arriving at STI airport..
and have american license... so i should make photocopy of my license, right
they can take american license too?

They gave me a summons a few weeks back even with my Generals card in my wallet, The lil Bi@tch told me she was going to do me a favor and only give me one ticket instead of 2, I was late for my flight home so I didn't argue but she took my NYS drivers license from me :( Cost me 10 dollars to get a new one in NY. We don't need no damm enforcement in DR thats why I go there for the lawlessness.
Badpiece

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
It works for me

A drivers license copy here in Wisconsin is $4. I always have three or four when I travel to the DR. For some reason if AMET has your license they figure you have to follow them sheepishly to their traffic court and wait an hour for the disposition of your case. Needless to say I have licenses adorning AMET desk drawers from San Cristobal to Rio San Juan. It's a good thing they haven't heard of computers.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This Amet thing.. Well, I guess they can get me for not wearing a seat belt, for going the wrong way up a one-way, for not having the correct revistas and placas, for disrespecting the officers, for not having a driver's licence, for talking on the phone while driving, for any and all of the above... but dammit, they must not mess with me while I'm having my presidente muy frio while driving with the music on hiiiiigh...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Bok said:
Chirimoya was fined for driving the wrong way on a one-way street once. It came to 25 pesos!
Lies! Calumny! Defamation!

It was an illegal left turn.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Chris said:
This Amet thing.. Well, I guess they can get me for not wearing a seat belt, for going the wrong way up a one-way, for not having the correct revistas and placas, for disrespecting the officers, for not having a driver's licence, for talking on the phone while driving, for any and all of the above... but dammit, they must not mess with me while I'm having my presidente muy frio while driving with the music on hiiiiigh...

Sounds like me when I went down in April. I had a blast scaring people off the road in my little Sentra......it's bad when you have Dominicans tell you you drive crazy

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
You have the right to remain silent!!!

Finally, the little island that could is making a stand!!!
but you guys are still trying to find ways to obstruct the law..so to get you to respect it they really need to:

1. Double the fines for those who make copies of the DL's and tow the car
2. give you 10 days to see a traffic judge and pay the citation. with 30 days to pay out the car from the impound..which will go up for public auction..this is great to buy those COMPUTERS for the police records..and higher payed salaries.
3. And if you don't pay or appear in court... suspend your DL and issue a bench warrant for your arrest if caught driving!.. then have you pay for the ticket, your license and court fees...and thus changing your mind set about the LAW!
4. And for those of you like Mr AZB who say I know you boss or general Patton...this would be called obstruction! and threatining an officer! a felony :bandit: ...giving you over a year of probation, and 50 hours of community service!...this will keep corruption from coming out of your mouth!

So you see don't complain yet..they're just scratching the surface.. I say you still have it good for now....but you know I'm worried about AZB :cry: his third world paradise is turning for the worse, what will become of him when law enforcement and the Dominican gov't steal his mojo :nervous: stay tuned folks and witness what more evil activity he will warn the Dominican community about next!!!!

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
It is really hard to take their policies serious when you are being ticketed while pasolas pass you with the father and two children on the back and all not wearing a helmet. Or how about the carro publico that spits oil at you and throws a bolt at you as you pass. They go on their merry way. You gotta laugh[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention being pulled over by two helmetless cops riding doube on a motorcycle. That happened to me once. Guess why they pulled me over? I wasn't wearing a helmet. I talked my way out of it.

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
daddy1 said:
Finally, the little island that could is making a stand!!!

Actually, no. This is nothing new. It happens every few months and only lasts a day or two. Then we go back to living like "Lord of the Flies".

Scandall

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Vehicle Compliance Query

What are the requirements for registration etc for a vehicle in the DR? Just so that I know exactly what I havnt done for the last year...ooops

d life

Oct 11, 2004
Does all of these make it safer to drive in the DR? I just hope that they get out at night and also do something about the blinding high beams.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
d life said:
Does all of these make it safer to drive in the DR? I just hope that they get out at night and also do something about the blinding high beams.

It has absolutely no incidence on the current driving caos. Actually, AMET's fines are illegal, all the money flows into their own account in the Banco de Reservas. A few months ago the DR Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional for AMET to fine drivers.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
funny all the folks who live outside of Dr want law and order here. I mean what differance does it make to you how we drive here. If you like law and order than just stay where you live. We left the 1st world strict law and order to move to this free island. So please don't make our lives hell here. We don't care how you live and follow your law and order in the first world country, so pass the same courtesy to us. Now get back to your Superior goals in life and let me drink a cerveza while I cross a red light.

AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Escott said:
Well my opening up the window and saying "Que Paso" worked in Santiago. Ask Dawn because that happened one time when we were looking at Foundry's there and headed back to your house.

My white gringo arse works better than black Paki Arse everytime! Me no need to know anyone! No connections, Nada! HEH...
Double standards: I have been called a black a$$ paki (even when my *** is not so black) yet no one raised a finger. Isn't this a racist statement? I guess I am not african black so it doesn't matter. Right?
So next time when I talk about my straight haired fine facial featured white santiaguera, I don't want to hear crap from you artificial racial police.
Now I challange scott in comparing a$$ color. Next time I am in your pool, we both are pulling down out shorts from behind to compare color. Dawn could be the judge. Oh wait, this comparison is impossible, I almost forgot, scott has no a$$. hehehehehehe, me so funny. Me make a goood joke.
AZB