AMET Need to Get Tough With Motorcyles

Oct 19, 2015
canada
Motorcycles need to have White lights on the front and Red on the back, not flashing lights different colours, they also should have side view mirrors. Also should wear a helmet at all times, When Amet stops you they never ask for your ID, they just take your bike away ! Amet need to ask for the Matricula and proof on insurance. I see many motorcycles with no lights. If I hit one it would be my fault (I AM A GRINGO). take the bike away, charge a heavy fine until they produce the Proof of Insurance and Matricula for the bike, in there name. Moto taxies should be licenced as the carry paying passengers. I also notice racing on the Malecon in Puerto Plata, What ever happened to the rule no minor under 8 years old can be on a motorcycle ? AMET START DOING YOUR JOB, even PN should enforce the rules every day !

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Welcome to the DR!:ROFLMAO:
Have you been here long?
Because that's just life here, you either have to accept it or not be on the road.
Not going to happen that DIGESETT actually start doing their job properly.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Occasional enforcement is the practice here. DIGESETT is the name of the lack of enforcement officers, not AMET as Kricke87 pointed out.

iamintheDR2014, none of us are the tail that is going to wag that dog.

The PN, by the way, has NO authority on this.
He was just venting. He isn't aware of the tens of thousands of motorcycles rotting away at impound yards.

Reactions: CristoRey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How about Motos going the wrong way on a one way street. I have never seen one pulled over for that.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The wrong way on a one-way street? They go the wrong way on a two-way street! Never seen anyone pulled over for that either.

Reactions: melphis

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
He was just venting. He isn't aware of the tens of thousands of motorcycles rotting away at impound yards.
You mean like these?
20190623_175838.jpg

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Start counting. The Caninodrome vehicle depository is just one of the larger ones.
Caninodrome.jpg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What a massive cluster-eff. How you going to find anything in there. And please don't tell me they have a database.
I snapped that picture a few years ago. I can only imagine what that lot looks like now. Next time I'm in the area, I'll snap another one.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If they are not careful the DR will end up like PR where they have more cars than people.
That place is huge. Those are just motorcycles in this picture. The old viewing stands are full as well, but you can't see that in the picture.

There are literally tens of thousands of motorcycles there

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Motorcycles need to have White lights on the front and Red on the back, not flashing lights different colours, they also should have side view mirrors. Also should wear a helmet at all times, When Amet stops you they never ask for your ID, they just take your bike away ! Amet need to ask for the Matricula and proof on insurance. I see many motorcycles with no lights. If I hit one it would be my fault (I AM A GRINGO). take the bike away, charge a heavy fine until they produce the Proof of Insurance and Matricula for the bike, in there name. Moto taxies should be licenced as the carry paying passengers. I also notice racing on the Malecon in Puerto Plata, What ever happened to the rule no minor under 8 years old can be on a motorcycle ? AMET START DOING YOUR JOB, even PN should enforce the rules every day !
They should ride on the right side of the street, and stay off the sidewalks. A whole bunch of other stuff too.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Occasional enforcement is the practice here. DIGESETT is the name of the lack of enforcement officers, not AMET as Kricke87 pointed out.

iamintheDR2014, none of us are the tail that is going to wag that dog.

The PN, by the way, has NO authority on this.
They will however try to collect bribes.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Can't speak for the rest of the country but here in Santiago they have been cracking down on the motos since Abel took office back in 2016.

Reactions: JD Jones