AMET will stop vehicles with tinted windows

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Good to know. I'm shipping a RAV4 down next week that I previously had the rear and rear side windows tinted darkly (Not Limo Dark, but dark) and the driver and passenger 1 shade darker than factory. Legal in the States and hope it's legal down there.
Seems the focus is on the windshield.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I was in a carro publico today...... windscreen was like......bullet riden, I guess....
The drivers chair was broken on one side, so he was tilleted... a good thing I suppose for visibility in said windscreen.
There were 6 passengers and the driver......
The car reeked of gas......
He tooted overtaking motorbikes, he tooted to nudge his way to the front of the lights, he tooted to say hello to every other driver or pedistrian, he tooted as well just for the sake of it ........

So tinted windows/windscreens should be so far far far far down on the measure list of better roads in the dr.......

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was in a carro publico today...... windscreen was like......bullet riden, I guess....
The drivers chair was broken on one side, so he was tilleted... a good thing I suppose for visibility in said windscreen.
There were 6 passengers and the driver......
The car reeked of gas......
He tooted overtaking motorbikes, he tooted to nudge his way to the front of the lights, he tooted to say hello to every other driver or pedistrian, he tooted as well just for the sake of it ........

So tinted windows/windscreens should be so far far far far down on the measure list of better roads in the dr.......
You expect politicians to take on transportation unions?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It does often seem like they know the rest of the world has regulations that get upheld. So as not to feel completely useless they randomly select a few things to enforce, from a hat, and go to work. There is no law about being able to walk in a straight line from colmado to your car, if you don't have lights then not problem, its dark no one can see you anyway. But heavens forbid you tint your front screen of have a pregnant woman in the front seat! I would love to be able to take the pi$$ out of the laws in DR, but they do such a good job of it themselves there is no need for wit.