An open e-mail to a DR1 poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I can't think of anything better than to hijack this thread ;)

Would be much more in keeping with the season to talk about Keith's positions. Apparently he does not stand up :cheeky:

lapela I don't need. ;) I just prefer many other positions than standing up. Some of them can be quite -- er, fulfillinging, yeah, that's the word. **ahem** :cheeky:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ralphy Boy!".... "Phuck Off!"

There,THAT was easier than wasting MY TIME trying to justify my living,working,raising a family,and paying HUGE TAXES here in the DR for over 10 years!! THAT "MY BOY" gives me the right to critisize this Country,it's People,government,and ANYTHING else I wish to critisize!

"WOW!" 9 visits,...makes you a phucking expert too I guess!
I have more time waiting in line at Banco de Reservas than you have in the Country!

I met the ?wner's son" at Ocean World too! Seems like a really nice man to me!!

Let me leave you with one final thought,.."Phuck OFF! :ermm:
Cris,(one S!) Colon
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...I mean,CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
The thing that bothered me

Was this ...

"And moreover, I trully believe in my statements."

This has been a very educational thread for me. It has lent insight into the character of the sages on this site. I am left impressed, humored and regretful Hillbilly and Texas Bill didn't have a go at Master Roshchild. Now THAT would have been entertaining!

Salut,
Sollie

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Keith R,F, X Y and Z

Keith R.--enough already with this post--any chance you can join us on the 12th for the DR1 NY reunion? Havent seen you in at least a year.

JOHN

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I remember in my early DR1 days, I too sounded a lot like Rafael. I received the DR1 caning on several occasions. To find yourself suddenly and absolutely wrong and in print...hurts. Rafael...hang in there. You will learn and make good friends from some of these serpents yet.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
"They may have lived there for 15 years, but guess what? every single one I met, speaks little or poor spanish, and, as I suspected from the beginning (now I'm sure) they are much less qualified than I am to pass judgement on most of the decent dominicans, their culture and the current situation. "

Rafael, can I tell you how very disappointed in you I am?? You probably don't give a damn but I will say it anyway!

Who the hell died and left you to judge any of us??? You think because you speak Spanish that you have any clue as to what it is really all about here? You have repeatedly said things that are blatantly untrue or uninformed! You have made recommendations that will not hold up.

I am personally insulted as I am one of the people you met! While my Spanish is not great it is workable. I try hard to be a good member of society here and set a decent example whenever I can.

After a few trips here you still don't know much!!! You don't get to pass judgement on me now or in the future.

Also I will defend the gentleman at Ocean World. He is a class act! I will also defend many many other ex pats here. Some that I know you met are good hard working people. Who are you to judge them?

I will recommend that you do a lot less talking and telling everyone how it is or should be and a whole lot more watching listening and learning!

IF I sound ****ed - well I am!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sounds Like

Sounds like a classic case of one's alligator mouth overriding one's chipmunk arse to me. Fairly pedestrian stuff. Why bother?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Rafi;

I have to say you write English well with only a few odd grammatical errors here and there.

I live here in Santo Domingo and I've made an effort to learn Spanish but if I tried to write Spanish on a message board I'd be laughed at. However I live here and I communicate on a daily basis in my version of Spanish although sometimes people look at me and say "Que?" I work at refining it.

Before I moved here four and a half years ago I had been here 10 times or so on vacation and thought I knew this place. Since I moved here I have come to understand how little I knew.

This island is my home. Every day I grow in understanding of this place the ways of which are very different from my native Boston.

Rafi, baby you are fast establishing yourself as a pompous popinjay.

Listen to Snuffy. Take the beatings like a man and learn some humility.

As we say in Boston, you're wicked smaht but lose the arrogance. You'll be happier; really.

Oct 29, 2006
Ok, guys, I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

In all my comments, the only one out of place, may have been about Conchman. and it was not directed at him but rather at some of his friends.

I have never, ever, mention or referred to anybody, by name. with the exception of a bad exchange (my fault) with Rocky, for which I apologized.

My comments are based, not on my experiences in the last six trips, but in my experiences of the last 35 years, visiting and doing business in DR. and living near Corona, (Queens, NY) where over a million dominicans reside, travel back and forth, have family there, make investements there and know, for sure, the real dominican live much, much better than many of you, wether some of you like to accept it or not. lots of these dominicans are my friends of many years, and we constanly discuss issues involving DR.
Is there a false perception of the real dominican live and culture, as seen by many, many, foreign residents and visitors? You can bet your life on that one. And I also can bet mine that I'm not the only one who's wrong about these perceptions. I have experienced enough of these posts, and know very well how to read between the lines.
I feel bad for some of the posters here, whom I had the pleasure of meeting personally, who think, that my posts and ideas are directed to them. Well... they are not, but I am not going to apologize for something I believe in, and, at the end of the day, I can't help but to reflect that maybe my posts are inconvenient to some for a good reason.
At the end of the day, nor any of you guys, neither do I give a damn about what eachother thinks or feels.
My perception of what I saw and experienced, it's obviously my own, and so is my desire to denounce unfair situations when I perceive them as such.
My unfortunate comments, have created a situation that I no longer consider within my level of confort to keep posting here.
Happy New Year to everyone.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My unfortunate comments, have created a situation that I no longer consider within my level of confort to keep posting here.
Happy New Year to everyone.
At least you came back.
I was concerned that you wouldn't.
I still believe that you have good intentions.
You stepped on some toes, but we all have along the way.
Apologies by PM to those who matter, can go a long way.
Maybe you'll have the opportunity to come to one of our gatherings/parties.
Meeting DR1 members in person, makes a big difference, in becoming part of the family.
Look at how many people think AZB or CC are trouble makers on this site, yet, when they meet them in person, they are surprised to find out they are two of the nicest affable people you could ever meet.
Perhaps you could step back for awhile and see what the future brings.
Happy New Year.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
NY Reunion Invite

Raffy--maybe you want to join us at the NY DR1 reunion on Jan 12th?
If you dont want to respond publicly PM me (either way).I would love to chat with you as so much gets lost in these back and forth postings.

Paz
JOHN

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hands up!

I can't help but to reflect that maybe my posts are inconvenient to some for a good reason.

we have all invested in AIs, hence the reception you have been met with.
now, rafael, we know where you live and we already have your wife. give up, your case is lost!
place your post on dr1 today and the wife will come back. contact the police and we give her to AZB and chris colon.
:devious:

Status
Not open for further replies.