and my first crash

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one thing really got me mental. while i was still sitting in my car and shaking in the company of grinning parking attendants (they all know me and miesposo) a your sankie looking dude came up and said that i cannot move until the police comes and they take me away. i asked him if it was his car and he said no. then why the hell bother damsel in distress?
so mean.
my victim was really calm, he even shook my hand when we parted and he did not ask for my cedula number or anything.
bless him, some would shot me on the spot.
lesson learnt, no more parking in tight spaces until i learn how to drive better. and if i have to leave the parking where i am squeezed between cars like a sardine i will ask someone to do it for me.
(miesposo one parked a car for a lady who burst out in tears after several failed attempts, she had ford explorer, rather big vehicle).

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
David,
sorry for the unintended misleading with the age.
in a post prior been the birthday mentioned, without any age, so pointing on the birthday i've been 'diplomatic', name any girl on the planet 17 years old and you will never hear a complain. 'cause the ones who are elder are pleased to be named 17yrs old, and in case one is still younger than that she will be pleased to show up as 17, ha ha.
me and DV8 never met, ha ha.
keep the driving and parking stories coming girls,
a good laugh makes a good day.
have fun
Mike

Mar 2, 2008
I should have caught that Mike, not your fault at all. I also should have more familiar with dv8 past posts, which might have given a better indication of her age.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
then i don't understand, please elaborate.

Well you said mi esposo (in 2 words por favor) took it well and in another post you said mi esposo says I can drive.

It seems to me, from this thread and other threads too, that 'mi esposo' is the boss and the one that takes all the decisions.

I may be wrong though, well I hope so.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
see, miesposo - together because i use it as his nickname on this board - is an owner of the car after all.
i guess he is a boss in some things when i get to decide with other things - that's marriage...
and yes, he does not like to argue.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
see, miesposo - together because i use it as his nickname on this board - is an owner of the car after all.
i guess he is a boss in some things when i get to decide with other things - that's marriage...

Sounds like a very smart man.;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mariposa, dv8's long-suffering ;) other half is 'miesposo' on DR1, formerly known as 'minovio'.

dv8, you'll soon get over this minor scrape (and good thing the other guy was a gentleman) and will return to menace the streets before long, no doubt!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

Does it mean you know about pelear o resolver and Brugal Extra viejo ??

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
god, i had to take sedoxil to calm my nerves...

And this is the same woman who single handedly attempted fighting off an armed assailant who tried to snatch her handbag not so long ago? You didn't take a tranquiliser then, did you? And it was far more dangerous. I don't mind about your driving skills dv8 (my jeepeta is old anyway). I just know that when a conchista is armed & on the prowl the person I want as my wing woman is dv8. All 4ft.10inches of her. :) Happy birthday!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you, lambada!
i guess the chopo with the gun was not quite as scary as the future mechanic bill :)
i'm a new generation who does not even blink seeing an alien in a cornfield but faints at a sight of a taxman :)
yes, no tranquilizer back then but yesterday miesposo ordered me to take one. even thou i already calmed my nerves by the means of belvedere vodka. ;-)
but see, i have a strategy, miesposo's car is rather pricey, i hit it few times to break his will and force purchase of a small carrito for dv8ito.
LOL

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a very happy birthday. That's first. I'm also happy your little scrape in the parking lot wasn't worse and didn't involve any injuries, etc. Being that the other guy was such a nice guy sure was in your favor as well. I've seen some awful arguments going on over much less in these streets. I was amused by your post despite the circumstances. It reminded me of how the little nicks got in our vehicle. The first two were done by my hubby due to him having the windows darkened so much you can hardly see at night when you're in a dark area backing up. The last scratch on the back wheel cover was done by me. Same reason; the back window was so dark I didn't see the parked jipeta parked just across the street when I was backing out of a little parking lot coming from a store. But at least hubby couldn't say a word about it since he was just as guilty of having a scrape or two BEFORE me (lol). The next vehicle we get I'm not going to go for those dark windows. I know it's nice when you don't want to always be seen by everybody but.....

Anyway, welcome to the world of driving once again. And again, Happy Birthday!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you trabajadora!
miesposo crashed once into a small low car parked just behind us. damage to the victim - 300 pesos worth, damage to our car - 1500 pesos.
my vision at night is not too good and then those dark windows, darn.

yes, bless my little victim, he was very nice, shook my hand goodbye and did not swear even once. some would scare poor gringa with prison...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
yes, no tranquilizer back then but yesterday miesposo ordered me to take one. even thou i already calmed my nerves by the means of belvedere vodka. ;-)

............er..........benzodiazepines & alcohol not a good mix. You can google it to find out why. Miesposo could have a 'stategy' too......... Vodka without trannies is better. I wouldn't have mentioned it but I see you intend having a 'next time'.................:cheeky: