And now some nice words about Sosua :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Think Sosua is getting over done here, but let me add to the clutter. Just read this and did put a smile on my face.
But I think the point is THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE HERE. A quaint, natural, fun, safe, Caribbean
beach village that has something for all. Travel agents can sell of this kind of review and I think this is where we
are going . Question, how long will it take and how many fatalities (closings etc.) will occur before it happens?

http://www.travelpulse.com/opinions/blog/sunsets-and-snorkeling-in-sosua-dominican-republic.html

singletravel

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Think Sosua is getting over done here, but let me add to the clutter. Just read this and did put a smile on my face.
But I think the point is THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE HERE. A quaint, natural, fun, safe, Caribbean
beach village that has something for all. Travel agents can sell of this kind of review and I think this is where we
are going . Question, how long will it take and how many fatalities (closings etc.) will occur before it happens?

http://www.travelpulse.com/opinions/blog/sunsets-and-snorkeling-in-sosua-dominican-republic.html

singletravel

Probably never. What you are describing is Las Terrenas. A leopard doesn't change it's stripes.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

singletravel

Who cleaned up all the garbage off the beach before this picture?
Der Fish

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
think sosua is getting over done here, but let me add to the clutter. Just read this and did put a smile on my face.
But i think the point is this is what everyone wants to see here. A quaint, natural, fun, safe, caribbean
beach village that has something for all. Travel agents can sell of this kind of review and i think this is where we

singletravel

bring condoms.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It has been mentioned on Facebook (and more or less confirmed as likely by some of the same people that post on DR1) that "some large business" interest is really in charge of what is going on in Sosua. I am not sure if that company is interested in making Sosua that quaint location or perhaps is just interested in yet another All Inclusive resort system for Sosua.

One thing is for sure, those who live here (and the whore mongers who like it as it is/was) have indeed overstated the current, and notice the word "current", importance of Sosua to the rest of the country with respect to tourism. Tourism in Sosua is a tiny, little, small and practically insignificant percentage of tourism compared to other areas.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Probably never. What you are describing is Las Terrenas. A leopard doesn't change it's stripes.

If I recall, there are some people who post on this forum who were here before Sosua developed its International reputation as a whore monger town.
Would that leopard not have changed its stripes between then and now?

Was Las Terrenas always a town with a lot of Europeans since just after the time of Columbus or was it a Dominican fishing village until fairly recently?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I have been saying it for years and I have up people along the way. There is investors pulling the strings in Sosua for a while now. They do not want the current type of monger in town.
Sosua will never be a family resort but will be for snow birds and mid level tourist. Not low budget backpacker, but not the jet set crowd either.
Sosua is big enough fo everyone, but everyone needs to respect each other and that means not drawing attention to your self and posting your activities on the web.
As much as people love to bash Sosua it is still a wonderful little beach town with lots to do outside of Pedro. I hope Sosua cleans up, we need a better class of short term tourist.
Sosua will change to what level and how is to be determined. The only thing the government hasn't done yet is start to arrest Johns. That might just happen one day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have been saying that the quickest way to push the whore monger situation under the rug is to arrest the Johns. This happened a few times in Santo Domingo, and I am surprised Brito has not called for this elsewhere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we already have a few threads about sosua going. this could be one for positive comments but no. all about mongering again.
closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.