And the winner is... seeking the best country to combat CORONA-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It looks like key will be limiting international travel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sweden does not appear to need a second lock down. But wait, they never had a first lock down:

Check the Daily New Deaths and see how they are going way down:

New infections per day are down as well..

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Sweden does not appear to need a second lock down. But wait, they never had a first lock down:

Check the Daily New Deaths and see how they are going way down:

New infections per day are down as well..
They didn’t have a lockdown but early on practiced social distancing and did close some things for instance universities. And they have a very sophisticated health care system.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They didn’t have a lockdown but early on practiced social distancing and did close some things for instance universities. And they have a very sophisticated health care system.
I see, sophisticated enough to cure CV19 cases? I doubt it. Here is there death curve, which of course means, according to experts, that what they did has not worked. Unless you look at the curve below and see it did work. Quite well, actually:

1594587440172.png

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I see, sophisticated enough to cure CV19 cases? I doubt it. Here is there death curve, which of course means, according to experts, that what they did has not worked. Unless you look at the curve below and see it did work. Quite well, actually:

View attachment 2791

I don't think Sweden's approach has worked quite well!

Sweden deaths pre million 523.71
Canada deaths per million 233.41

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course people will dispute if what Sweden did worked well. The majority of deaths in Sweden happened because they did not protect vulnerable people, like seniors. If they had not made that mistake early on, their numbers would be as good as Canada's without any shut down.

But of course, some people will still disagree that no shutdown in Sweden was still a bad thing despite the extreme drop in deaths from CV19

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So easy to find supporting data for whatever position you have.
Not really. Facts are the best supporting position. And with this virus, many facts are not yet clear.
One thing for sure, shutting down and isolating does not work for long. We are seeing that is true in many places.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
All lovely but let’s see how things progress. The world over is guessing. Even with the flattening of the curve no country is out of the woods.

Impossible to chant victory or speculate yet as to which country has done the best in controlling COVID-19.
Australia and New Zealand both did very well, but then they are both island nations so no land borders to control, and with well funded medical systems and educated populations.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Not really. Facts are the best supporting position. And with this virus, many facts are not yet clear.
One thing for sure, shutting down and isolating does not work for long. We are seeing that is true in many places.
Seems countries that follow politics vs science lose..

Reactions: CaribeDigital

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This thread has nothing to do with the DR, and because the OP cannot participate in
Off Topic, this is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.