Annoying Dominican Habits

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Well you must mix with a whole different class of Dominicans that I see because everyone uses their fingers to eat wings and even rice.
I don't mind that so much - but eating the chicken bones - disgusting, those are supposed to go to the dogs
Cooked chicken bones can break and splinter, which can cause your dog to choke and can also puncture the gastrointestinal tract, or get caught in his throat. This is extremely painful to your dog and can potentially lead to death.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
The best way to untie the plastic bags is to take one side and wind it as super-tight as you can then push it into the knot. Works most of the time.
Hey...
Great minds really do (sometimes) think alike.
I use that same technique.

Reactions: cavok

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
You sure have covered a lot of them yes the bag knots are probably the biggest PIA but being married to a Dominican woman you just sort of accept things the way they are. As I’m sure there are things that I do that she finds annoying but stays quiet.

Reactions: bob saunders

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Adding ice cubes in restaurant/bar drinks without even asking... I immediately tell them to remove them. Smh.
I'm not trying to catch dysentery down here.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
How about when the light changes green and the Big truck 20 cars back immediately begins laying on his horn.
Or it changes red and 6 cars think it's OK to continue going because they"were so close"
I am afraid I have been doing the later a couple of times here in Denmark. Bad habit from the DR where you sometimes have to go with the flow. Here it’s referred to as taxi green.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Why even bother with plastic bags. Just buy a few of bags they sell at checkout and bring them with you. I just hand the bag to the guy and he fills it up without the plastic. Easy to carry and easy to unload.................

I've done that for years. You'd be amazed at how many baggers put stuff in the plastic bags first then into the carry bags.

I always hand them the bag before checkout begins, and make sure they understand why I use them. Even so, I have to explain to them how to balance them.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
my sister visited from Canada last week. From what I understand there things are very stressed with the covid masking / no masking ,prices, politics, speaking your mind on things. government related issues. I have been away from Canada since covid and sense that it is a different place.

100% agreed. Escaping to DR from CHINADA has been a breath air of for my mental state. Too much censorship and PC bull and covid paranoia.. and big government that wants to tell you how to live your life and what to think.

I would only go back if I have a serious medical issue that requires treatment.