Another 15 Kidnapped in Haiti

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
computer translated:

HAITI: 15 passengers are held in another massive kidnapping in capital​

Port-au-Prince, Nov 23 (Prensa Latina) A total of 15 passengers on a bus that was traveling from the capital of Haiti to Port de Paix (northwest) were kidnapped today, without the claims of the captors being known so far.

The events occurred between the Bassin Bleu and Gros Morne areas, communes located northwest of Port-au-Prince, according to local media.

It is the second collective kidnapping so far in November, after on November 10 50 passengers were detained in Martissant, an area that has been under intense gang fire for months with the purpose of controlling the territory.

Some of the victims were stripped of their belongings and later released, and others had to wait until the next day, including a police officer.
In October the 400 Mawozo gang that operates in Croix des Bouquets kidnapped a group of missionaries made up of 16 Americans and a Canadian, and a month later only released two of them.

The organization Christian Aid Ministries, to which the religious belong, detailed that the youngest of those detained is only eight months old.

Insecurity has skyrocketed in Haiti in the last two years, and after the assassination of President Jovenel Moise in early July, the situation became critical.
Armed individuals arrested four oil truck drivers this month, exacerbating the fuel crisis that threatened to halt all activities in the country.

In this context, armed gangs are pressing for the resignation of Prime Minister Ariel Henry, whom they accuse of having links with Moise's assassins.

• Angry
Reactions: NanSanPedro

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I've gone from sad to pissed. They may have to go to armed guards soon.
Will this have implications for the missionaries?

The kidnapping business continues.
"15 bus passengers" does not sound like a high value target.
Has what has gone on with non payment for missionaries given the kidnapping biz a bad rap,,

it seems clear from here,
No one is paying.
Now what?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It's time for these young Haitian men who are all of fighting age to return to Haiti and stop hanging out in the local discos and shopping districts in counties like the DR trying to look fly while chasing women.Go home, organize and handle your business. Stop looking for sympathy, empathy and hand outs from the rest of us. These kidnappings continue because none of their "men" are willing to stop it.
I can guarantee all of you...
these kidnappers are a minority.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's time for these young Haitian men who are all of fighting age to return to Haiti and stop hanging out in the local discos and shopping districts in counties like the DR trying to look fly while chasing women.Go home, organize and handle your business. Stop looking for sympathy, empathy and hand outs from the rest of us. These kidnappings continue because none of their "men" are willing to stop it.
They are also doing things like construction, maintenance and agricultural work and sending some of what they earn home to their families. The young men with the brains and wherewithal to get out have done so, as there are few real opportunities to earn a decent living in Haiti.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That means nothing. The kidnappers are like countries. It doesn't matter how big or small, rich or poor; if a country gets its hands on nuclear weapons, it instantly becomes a super power. Same concept with the kidnappers. This "minority" isn't throwing stones and sticks.

Reactions: Grampa

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That means nothing. The kidnappers are like countries. It doesn't matter how big or small, rich or poor; if a country gets its hands on nuclear weapons, it instantly becomes a super power. Same concept with the kidnappers. This "minority" isn't throwing stones and sticks.
Well then I suggest this government continue strengthening their borders
and let the Haitians, along with the people who live there, sort it out on their own
and if at the end of the day the gangs take complete control of the country, it will be
their problem. Should those same gangs attempt to cause problems for the
DR or the people who live here, kill them.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sounds like they're desperate for cash.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I was told tonight that the journalist Alexandre Galves has been kidnapped. His daughter works in SD, but there are no news from the family. He is well known among many Dominican journalists.

The widow of former President René Preval was also kidnapped with no knowledge of where she is or if she's still alive.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Sounds like they're desperate for cash.
And hard currency at that I would assume. Think about...the bad guys "need to eat" as well. They have set the scene for "Hey, we win...what did I win?" IF in fact, (and that's a big IF) what happens when NOBODY pays the ransoms? Yes, the end play is they kill the hostage. Now what? Maybe THAT inspires nations across the world to become proactive and vaporize the element.
Status quo won't work here for ever and ever.IMO.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Kidnapping is the prime business in Haiti.
that business will probably fizzle out sooner than later. How does one negotiate with a dope that cant speak French, English or Spanish. The picture of those hoodlums is staged. That clown with the bullpup and no sling carrying it at port of arms can only do that so long . He will sell that weapon as soon as he runs out of rice and soda

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I was told tonight that the journalist Alexandre Galves has been kidnapped. His daughter works in SD, but there are no news from the family. He is well known among many Dominican journalists.

The widow of former President René Preval was also kidnapped with no knowledge of where she is or if she's still alive.

Reactions: DR Solar