keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
  • Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

How do you forget someone?
That was an actual movie. Couple were diving, came up and boat was gone. Horrible way to go

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That was an actual movie. Couple were diving, came up and boat was gone. Horrible way to go

Open Water Great movie.............

• Love
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Open Water is that movie.
It's a lack of professionality, a captain and 2 guys to ride the boat, make a list how many tourist are on board AND go into the water? And howmany come out...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Open Water is that movie.
It's a lack of professionality, a captain and 2 guys to ride the boat, make a list how many tourist are on board AND go into the water? And howmany come out...
If you saw the movie which I doubt you did you would see how the confusion occurred. It was because of one of the passengers actually. They were counting.............

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
If you saw the movie which I doubt you did you would see how the confusion occurred. It was because of one of the passengers actually. They were counting.............
Yes I saw it, in my memories they are counting the people that going in the water, but they never counted if all passengers are on board before leaving the place,

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I am convinced some Dominicans simply CAN NOT COUNT .. so they try to FAKE it , in this case probably by looking at the Faces... ... anyone who can count to 25 and actually write down the Number , would not make this idiotic Mistake.
The Real Problem is there is no BUDDY SYSTEM on these Snorkeling Excursions, like in Scuba Diving .
Still not foolproof ( like in that Movie ) , but she would have stood a chance then .
67 , Alone, Cold and Hypothermia setting in . Horrible .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Gosh what a way to go. Even if she saw the boat leaving I don't suppose they would have heard her with the noise of the engines.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
So the company isn't responsable. It's their boat. They hired the staff. They put the procedures in place. It happened doing the activity they provide as service. Strange.

You have to have money to run a boat company and buy those boats, so this is probably someone with one of those nice last names. Cannot be held responsible, nothing to see here, move on, move on.

Reactions: JD Jones and aarhus

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
No doubt the person was left behind and died. A few questions remain of what did he die of? It is unlikely that he drowned as he had a life jacket and a mask and snorkel. The area they snorkel is not that far off shore, thus swimmable if you have to. I suspect heart failure or he got hit by the boat as they departed. Just the same, a very irresponsible and unprofessional crew who should be punished accordingly.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
No doubt the person was left behind and died. A few questions remain of what did he die of? It is unlikely that he drowned as he had a life jacket and a mask and snorkel. The area they snorkel is not that far off shore, thus swimmable if you have to. I suspect heart failure or he got hit by the boat as they departed. Just the same, a very irresponsible and unprofessional crew who should be punished accordingly.
I thought about that. Snorkeling is typically not done very far from the shore. If in that situation you immediately took the decision to swim to shore maybe you would have a chance.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

This is the true story behind the movie of the two people. Only 11 minutes and well worth watching......

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

How do you forget someone?
You would think somebody on the boat to include other guests would have sensed a person short. This is horrible.

Regards,

PJT