Another boating incident

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
you would think it would be a headcount before you leave and after you leave but I'm not surprised

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
let me ask you this are you shocked this happened here. I am definitely not. have you seen the jackasses running running those catamarans I'd rather take my chance getting on a moto in the hole of friusa
No not really surprised. And this was snorkeling. Not supposed to be dangerous at all. As opposed to scuba diving which can be.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I am convinced some Dominicans simply CAN NOT COUNT .. so they try to FAKE it , in this case probably by looking at the Faces... ... anyone who can count to 25 and actually write down the Number , would not make this idiotic Mistake.
The Real Problem is there is no BUDDY SYSTEM on these Snorkeling Excursions, like in Scuba Diving .
Still not foolproof ( like in that Movie ) , but she would have stood a chance then .
67 , Alone, Cold and Hypothermia setting in . Horrible .
Unfortunately i think you might be right !!!!!! No Kidding

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
No doubt the person was left behind and died. A few questions remain of what did he die of? It is unlikely that he drowned as he had a life jacket and a mask and snorkel. The area they snorkel is not that far off shore, thus swimmable if you have to. I suspect heart failure or he got hit by the boat as they departed. Just the same, a very irresponsible and unprofessional crew who should be punished accordingly.

It's kind of a relief when you think that he died of something other than being abandoned. Maybe he had already died by the time the boat left.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wondered about that also. Perhaps Richard is the surname. I think that might explain the situation.
Wouldn't be the first time they get first and last mixed up. Pretty common.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Maybe being left alone with trying to swim to shore was too much and they had a heart attack? I can't imagine going on an excursion only to be left in the ocean.

Last edited:

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003

How do you forget someone?
Lots and lots of condolences. insignificant jailtime and a file folder full of no insurance policies.
They will all be released just in time for the next tourist season