Another night of no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Threads with threats to poison dogs deserve to be jacked.

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Got home at about 8 last night. The nieghborhood dogs were barking again. Must be about 6 of them. I closed all my windows, pulled the shades and turned on the cieling fan on high.Went to bed at 11 listening to one very large dog bark almost nonstop.This went on all night. I slept on and off untill 4 and gave up. I am sitting here at day break waiting for enough light to go and find this animal that has kept me awake most of the night, for the third time this month. But just as I was about to leave my home the owner must have taken the mutt inside, as it stopped barking. It will happen again and I will go and find this animal and kill it. It wont be the first time that I will have to listen to the holwing of one of these dogs as the rat poison rips them apart inside.Now for you dog lovers, Im not one of you. But Im not a dog hater either. All I want is to not have to go to work on 5 hours of broken sleep because of your lack of of proper ownership. Im not going to put where I live because maybe, maybe it will make a few owners take care of there mutts.
I'm amazed that you can say your not a dog hater! It's pretty obvious to me that anyone that could make the sort of statement you've made about poisoning a dog and listening to it howl as it's dying, does not care for much of anything at all. I hope that if you do try killing this poor animal, that the dog can at least get in one good bite first!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Tim C, you are a complete idiot, coward and have no respect for an animal's life. I would love to poison you and hear you moan as you rot from the inside....seriously.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
By no meansshould you approach the owner. Even if someone else kills the dog he may thinkit is you. An anonymous sign posted on his house or property or delivered anonymouslyis the best course of action. If something does happen to the dog you are notimplicated.
I have traveled here a few times now and two things are apparent about the DRlifestyle. There is far too much noiseand no woman has a boyfriend or husband even if she has a newborn. Both things ensure third world status for acountry with first world beauty and resources. A shame really.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The ex had 2 pain in the ass dogs she kept out 24/7 and barked constantly. Finally found a solution to sleep thru the night. A couple a grandes and and a 2 mg Alprazolam gave me a good 8 hours sleep. Even that fat a$$ed rooster couldn't wake me till i was ready to get up.

You should've done what my father did.He had a rooster that kept waking everybody up.He got
tired of it and the rooster ended up in the soup pot!:D

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sleeping to the sound of barking dogs might not seem that bad compared to trying to sleep in jail..just saying. Somehow I really don't think you can go around and feed rat poison to everything that disturbs your sleep..With that said you may want to take at look at where you live..Is there a reason these dogs are barking all the time? This country is full of barking dogs, noisy roosters, noisy motos, loud music, loud people, etc..You have to learn to live with it or leave it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Sleeping to the sound of barking dogs might not seem that bad compared to trying to sleep in jail..just saying. Somehow I really don't think you can go around and feed rat poison to everything that disturbs your sleep..With that said you may want to take at look at where you live..Is there a reason these dogs are barking all the time? This country is full of barking dogs, noisy roosters, noisy motos, loud music, loud people, etc..You have to learn to live with it or leave it.

it's just the truth. there is no liking for quietude in the DR. try this one. walk into a little craphole bar, with a buddy. sit down, and order a beer, and try to have a conversation. before the waitress has brought the beer, she has already turned up the volume to aircraft levels. she automatically believes that you want loud music. you then have the unenviable task of trying to tell her that if the music is that loud, you and your buddy cannot hear each other without shouting. she will then give you a look, which, when translated into english, says "and just what is so wrong with shouting?" anybody else ever had that experience, or is it just me?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
it's just the truth. there is no liking for quietude in the DR. try this one. walk into a little craphole bar, with a buddy. sit down, and order a beer, and try to have a conversation. before the waitress has brought the beer, she has already turned up the volume to aircraft levels. she automatically believes that you want loud music. you then have the unenviable task of trying to tell her that if the music is that loud, you and your buddy cannot hear each other without shouting. she will then give you a look, which, when translated into english, says "and just what is so wrong with shouting?" anybody else ever had that experience, or is it just me?
Happens all the time.

You ask to turn the music down and they stare at you like you're a space alien.

If I had to describe the DR in one word: "LOUD!"

If you want peace and quiet, get a third floor apartment in the mountains...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The problem with talking to the owner is that if it doesn't work you can't poison them anymore, cause he'll know it's you. :nervous:

Actually I can imagine why you would think of killing them....I've thought the same many times although I don't think I will ever do it, but in a moment of desperation....

I have a neighbor who plays sometimes VERY loud music and I have thought about many ways to teach him a lesson or get him to move. Obviously I also thought about going the correct way and explain him his music is disturbing a normal conversation or impedes us to watch a movie, but once I did that I wit be able to resort to harsher measurements without him knowing it was me (including calling the police and/or have his equipment confiscated.

But, since July I haven't heard him once, so what am I complaining about...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
dog poisoners are right down there with child molesters. Best you dont come back.

Ridiculous. That's what wrong with society, people care equal or more about animals than human beings. I don't applaud unnecessary violence to animals but there is an order in creation, an animal abuser might have to pay a fine and probably be prohibited to ever have an animal again, a child molester should be out away for life or be given death penalty.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Ridiculous. That's what wrong with society, people care equal or more about animals than human beings. I don't applaud unnecessary violence to animals but there is an order in creation, an animal abuser might have to pay a fine and probably be prohibited to ever have an animal again, a child molester should be out away for life or be given death penalty.
Legally, yes.

But morally they are close to the same.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mauricio, you know what is the line that connects that? lack of respect for a living being. someone who wants to POISON a dog just because it barks and does not let him sleep, someone who has done this before and listened to the animal CRY in agony is the very same f**king bastard who will beat up a kid just because it spills juice on a sofa. no respect for life. no patience. no will to resolve a problem. such people restore to violence because they lose it. because they know nothing else, they know nothing better, they cannot see easier solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.