Another Speed Bump in Sosua !

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For all of you driving on Pedro Clisante there is a new speed bump just past Charli's bar. It is literally 35' from the one just in front of his place but the new one is to the east.
Why they need another speed bump so close can only be stupidity or a mistake on the crew sent to put one there ?

Yes the screaming motos need to slow down, but a few PN / Amet guys seizing motos once a week would send the message.

And it's not painted yet so be prepared. I am sure many cars and motos will be airborne this week.

Reactions: JD Jones

user123

Aug 16, 2017
Yes the screaming motos need to slow down, but a few PN / Amet guys seizing motos once a week would send the message.
AMET does seize the motos very often, especially the ones that go wrong way on the one-way streets, and it achieves nothing, you still see the motos going wrong way all the time. You can't educate those idiots no matter what you try.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
AMET does seize the motos very often, especially the ones that go wrong way on the one-way streets, and it achieves nothing, you still see the motos going wrong way all the time. You can't educate those idiots no matter what you try.
They were seizing plenty today for helmet less riders in front of Caribe Tours bus depot. I would say it does do some good, if they keep it up for more than 2 hours

user123

Aug 16, 2017
They were seizing plenty today for helmet less riders in front of Caribe Tours bus depot. I would say it does do some good, if they keep it up for more than 2 hours
The helmet law is over a year old, maybe even 2 or 3 now and they still drive without helmets every day 🤷‍♂️ The seizures are a quick money-grab for AMET, but it won't re-educate anyone. If law was that the moto is seized for a least a month then maybe, but the way it is now it's just a money-grab. Also to add I disagree with the helmet law.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Helmet laws make for a viewable corpse. I'm not sure if open casket services are done in the Dominican. If they are these guys need helmets. If not its just more road kill.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
For all of you driving on Pedro Clisante there is a new speed bump just past Charli's bar. It is literally 35' from the one just in front of his place but the new one is to the east.
Why they need another speed bump so close can only be stupidity or a mistake on the crew sent to put one there ?

And it's not painted yet so be prepared. I am sure many cars and motos will be airborne this week.
They have it half painted now. The right side of the speed bump (heading east) is higher than the left. Small cars will scrap bottom if they take it at any speed.
I think they put it in the wrong place. There is already one very close to it.

AMET is out all over the place now !! Last few weeks on the highway, Pedro Clisante, and streets past Bailee's.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
The helmet law is over a year old, maybe even 2 or 3 now and they still drive without helmets every day 🤷‍♂️ The seizures are a quick money-grab for AMET, but it won't re-educate anyone. If law was that the moto is seized for a least a month then maybe, but the way it is now it's just a money-grab. Also to add I disagree with the helmet law.
A lot more then 1,2 or 3 yrs my friend Your missing many many yrs in your assumption.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's gotten some to carry a helmet with them just in case, but they still don't wear it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A lot more then 1,2 or 3 yrs my friend Your missing many many yrs in your assumption.

Amet doing regular seizures has gone on for ages with negligible effect so it seems that the seizures are a waste of time.

Sadly there appears to be little interest on the governments part to fix the problem.
A plan under which the government makes money by controlling the motos will get their attention.
Include built in opportunities for the elected politicians to line their pockets.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Regarding the helmets.
Most of the moto drivers who do wear the helmet do not buckle the chin strap.
What happens is that the helmet will provide protection against the first impact only then fly off.
This makes the unbuckled helmets nearly useless.
Job of the government often is to protect people from themselves.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Regarding the helmets.
Most of the moto drivers who do wear the helmet do not buckle the chin strap.
What happens is that the helmet will provide protection against the first impact only then fly off.
This makes the unbuckled helmets nearly useless.
Job of the government often is to protect people from themselves.

Which is exactly why we need less gubmint here in the DR. Thanks for point that out!

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Amet doing regular seizures has gone on for ages with negligible effect so it seems that the seizures are a waste of time.

Sadly there appears to be little interest on the governments part to fix the problem.
A plan under which the government makes money by controlling the motos will get their attention.
Include built in opportunities for the elected politicians to line their pockets.

You haven't seen the areas where they take the motorcycles. There are thousands upon thousands of motorcycles that have been removed from the streets for lack of paperwork or whatever.

I dread to think what the streets would be like if they were still on the streets.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Take some pics and share them with us.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1602647549128.png

• Wow
Reactions: Sailor51