Anthony Recenello

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
About 9:00 AM on the 21st of this month I got a call from Anthony Recenello who posted here on DR1 for a short period a couple of years ago. I know a couple of people besides my self met him. He was trying to sell several items and posted as Skyking or some such. Any way last week he called and said he thought he had had a heart attack. Could I take him to a doctor. I told him I no longer had a car, but I took a motoconcho to his apartment and we called a cab and went to the public hospital since he had no money. We spent all day at the emergency room and getting blood drawn and X-rays made and an EKG. They wanted him to check in and go into a bed and stay the night. But he said he may as well go home and die. That was Monday last week. I stopped by to see him on Thursday last week and again this afternoon. I knocked on his door and it wasn't even latched and swung open. He sat on his bed with his head down and was dead. Both legs were more black than not,and i am not talking of black as in a black person, but like rotten food!
SO for anyone who knew him Anthony Recenello is dead at 49 years old. I showed the neighbors who were in the process of moving out, and one of them said he had called the police, but 20 minutes later one of them asked me ifI had called the police and I said I didn't know what number to call. So I called my landlady who is Canadian, but has been here for 30 years or more. SHe asked me if I was with the body and when I said yes advised me to leave because the police may decide to take me off to jail. So I did. I had planned to stay and tell te police that he had spent the day in the hospital a week ago, but I took her advise and walked away. I have no real information about him to give them anyway beyond that.
Der Fish

nigrarosa

Jan 3, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
A very sad way to end your life. No one knows you. No one checks on you. It took the heart of a near stranger to care enough to check on you. What a sad way to go. Darrel you are a fine human being kudo's to you.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I commend you for your help and concern Derfish but getting out was the right move, besides there was nothing more you could do for him.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
What a sad story. I didn't know the man, but dying all alone without anyone knowing for days and days is a very sad thing. Wise choice to get out of there, DerFish!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I remember him well. His name here was Skynet, and he was from Long Island - Wantagh and Bellmore

RIP Anthony.

Bless you for your kindness Fish.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
skynet is dead? oh my. rest in peace, man. only 49, too young. very sad.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
About 9:00 AM on the 21st of this month I got a call from Anthony Recenello who posted here on DR1 for a short period a couple of years ago. I know a couple of people besides my self met him. He was trying to sell several items and posted as Skyking or some such. Any way last week he called and said he thought he had had a heart attack. Could I take him to a doctor. I told him I no longer had a car, but I took a motoconcho to his apartment and we called a cab and went to the public hospital since he had no money. We spent all day at the emergency room and getting blood drawn and X-rays made and an EKG. They wanted him to check in and go into a bed and stay the night. But he said he may as well go home and die. That was Monday last week. I stopped by to see him on Thursday last week and again this afternoon. I knocked on his door and it wasn't even latched and swung open. He sat on his bed with his head down and was dead. Both legs were more black than not,and i am not talking of black as in a black person, but like rotten food!
SO for anyone who knew him Anthony Recenello is dead at 49 years old. I showed the neighbors who were in the process of moving out, and one of them said he had called the police, but 20 minutes later one of them asked me ifI had called the police and I said I didn't know what number to call. So I called my landlady who is Canadian, but has been here for 30 years or more. SHe asked me if I was with the body and when I said yes advised me to leave because the police may decide to take me off to jail. So I did. I had planned to stay and tell te police that he had spent the day in the hospital a week ago, but I took her advise and walked away. I have no real information about him to give them anyway beyond that.
Der Fish

You're a good man Derwood......

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sad story all the way around. God bless you Der Fish. May his soul rest in peace.

Mar 30, 2006
Wow you think after all the years living here that you have seen a lot, or at least think that you have heard a lot! Derfish you showed a great act of human kindness! YOU also DID do the best thing when there was no further help you could give! Got th hell out of there before who knows what crime scence could of been invented and planted on top of you!

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I enjoyed his posts. he conducted his life in a unique way.

Thanks derf for doing what u could and telling us. I know it must affect you in some way.

Sad, all the way around.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Although very sad...it was a very kind thing you did Derfish.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Wow Fish you are good dude. This story is just brutal. I went back and read some of Skynet's history, he had a good run and then everything fell apart. RIP !! What a horrible way to end your life, alone and broke in a foreign country.