Anti-Climb Paint?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
For the home owners that have dogs for security (big or small): at night, do your dogs sleep inside or outside the home? I would assume with the fear of being poisoned, I would keep my dogs inside the home and let them roam during the day. Also, I will be in the need of 2 dogs pretty soon. I need a small, but loud, dog; and a large scary looking dog. I have in mind a German Shepard as my scary dog, and a Chihuaha as the small dog, but I hear that the latter aren't good breads for kids/children.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
My dog only eats from his bowl. I would put meat laced with cayenne pepper around the yard. Then I had people give him hot peppers etc. He will not take food from a stranger or by hand.
Problem is now I have to mix hot peppers in his dog food or he wont eat it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have 3 BIG Dominican "Vira Lata"(Mongrels) dogs who live outside.
I "HAD" 3 tiny Chiguaguas who lived inside.
The two small ones were poisoned last week. The tiny one,"Chico" died within 3 days. "Bite" is VERY SICK, and I don't think he is going to make it.
The 3 "Big Guns" are not as alert as the Chiguaguas.
The Chiguaguas bark when a cockroach farts!
That gets the "Big Guns" awake, and they take over.
I suggest a "Vira Lata", as opposed to a "Pure Breed".
They have had over 500 years getting used to living in the DR.
I have small kids, and the Chiguaguas love them and visa versa.
It helps if you get the dogs as little as possible to socialize them.
"Death To Dog Poisoners"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
GS + Chihuahuas

I have in mind a German Shepard as my scary dog, and a Chihuaha as the small dog, but I hear that the latter aren't good breads for kids/children.

Breads? :rolleyes:
Chihuahuas should not be eaten. :cheeky:

But you are right, and I said it before:
Our GS live outside, the chihuahuas live inside, perfect combination, IMO.
Burglars do not like GS and vice versa. :devious:

The chihuahuas are our EWSD's*, they hear everything and their barking alarms the GS.
Chihuahuas are easy to keep and maintain, they are clean dogs (normally...).
Our kids and the chihuahuas like each other.
We have 3 young chihuahuas, very cute and beautiful...you may want one (> PM).

donP

*)
= Early Warning System Dogs

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
The two small ones were poisoned last week. The tiny one,"Chico" died within 3 days. "Bite" is VERY SICK, and I don't think he is going to make it.
Sorry to hear that. Any idea who? Neighbor, thieves???

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
hammer a bunch of nails half way into the eaves and facia board, then cut off the tops at an angle with a pair of heavy wire cutters to form spikes.

You are getting militant here! that would deter anyone, me included. :)

why do some insist on keeping us out of your homes? We mean well. What ever happen to "mi casa es su casa" and all the welcome home mats everyone openly displays in the States? Men, things are changing and I don't like it... :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Very, very sad, CC. :( I had one poisoned, but she survived after some difficulty. I can't imagine what it's like to lose one that way...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lisa, I would NEVER be the kind of visitor in a foreign country to cast aspertions on the indigenous population!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
But ,"Si", I do have an idea.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
During my time in power, I don't remember poisoning of any animals. Of course, those were kinder, gentler times.

How could you be 100% percent sure that the poison was meant for your dogs and not for the rats?
Might there be a possibility that the dogs ate it by mistake.

This is a cruel behavior, I am by no mean condoning it. I am just curious... :chinese:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Tres pasos

How could you be 100% percent sure that the poison was meant for your dogs and not for the rats?

Or for a husband? :bunny:
I was told that 'tres pasos' is not to be sold to women.... :rolleyes:

Fact or fiction?

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just found the package that contained the poison meat!!
Lets seeeeeeeeee, I can just make out a note on the box.........
Para "Cris Colon" de "DuminicanA$$"..."Que Te Desfrutas Ese "Filete"!
How SWEET!
Damn Dogs, ate my steak!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Not True" Don, my wife has several bottles in her closet, behind her shoes,in a box marked "Old Rags".

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
For the home owners that have dogs for security (big or small): at night, do your dogs sleep inside or outside the home? I would assume with the fear of being poisoned, I would keep my dogs inside the home and let them roam during the day. Also, I will be in the need of 2 dogs pretty soon. I need a small, but loud, dog; and a large scary looking dog. I have in mind a German Shepard as my scary dog, and a Chihuaha as the small dog, but I hear that the latter aren't good breads for kids/children.

Our two large dogs are allowed in parts of the house -- not the bedrooms....
they sleep outside the door most of the time - at other times they'assist' the watchyman on his rounds