Anti-Climb Paint?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
You are getting militant here! that would deter anyone, me included. :)

why do some insist on keeping us out of your homes? We mean well. What ever happen to "mi casa es su casa" and all the welcome home mats everyone openly displays in the States? Men, things are changing and I don't like it... :)

got the idea in the D.R. where people implant broken glass into the concrete in the tops of walls. not as nasty looking as barbed wire, but does the trick. mine is a version that works with wood structures. ;-)

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
got the idea in the D.R. where people implant broken glass into the concrete in the tops of walls. not as nasty looking as barbed wire, but does the trick. mine is a version that works with wood structures. ;-)

I think I saw this in a movie. Someone placed a plank with a bunch of nails sticking up by a window. It must be nasty to step on something like that.

Is that the trap you are talking about?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
the OP was worried about someone climbing over the eaves to gain access to a bedroom window... or at least that's what I thought the question was. I've seen several places where people have implanted broken glass into the top of a concrete wall to deter anyone from climbing over the top. (like barbed wire.. but not as ugly).

Actually it JUST dawned on me that the OP's home is probably concrete too... so my suggestion of nails doesn't even make sense. but anyway.... my suggestion (coming from the mindset of someone who lives in a wood frame house in the U.S. LOL) is to hammer nails in half way, into the places where an intruder might have to climb over, and then cut the tops of the nails off at an angle, creating a bunch of spikes.

again... it's all irrelevant anyway, since the structure is probably concrete. sorry to all for the confusion. chalk it up to a "senior moment"... or maybe a "carpenter moment". LOL

Last edited:

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
Wow. What is this the Dominican version of The Three Little Pigs? What are you guys advertising for folks to be that desperate to enter your home. Sounds like hackers... You build extra security and the thiefs learn to get past it. When does it end? What's next? A castle fortress with lagoon full of piranhas? I'm laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Wow. What is this the Dominican version of The Three Little Pigs? What are you guys advertising for folks to be that desperate to enter your home. Sounds like hackers... You build extra security and the thiefs learn to get past it. When does it end? What's next? A castle fortress with lagoon full of piranhas? I'm laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

Some people are having a hard time figuring out that 90% of the time it's the maid, gardener, watchiman that are bringing in the thieves.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Fortresses Everywhere

...You build extra security and the thiefs learn to get past it. When does it end? What's next? A castle fortress...

Look at the houses of middle class and well-to-do Dominicans.
Bars, triple locks, burglar proofing everywhere, walls with bottle necks, watchmen and pumpguns, razor wire, alarm systems, cages (for A/C), etc.

Doesn't make you think, does it?

donP

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
In the end, criminals are JUST like any other predator in nature. They always look for the EASY prey. The harder you make it for them to rip you off, the less likely that they will try. It's also a risk vs. reward balance. The more they stand to gain, the more they will risk. If you have more / better "stuff", the harder they'll try to get it. Act / prepare / fortify appropriately.