Any Canadians? OR English speakers?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Vancouver is a beautiful city but a little too cold for me. Closest I've been would be Seattle back in January 2005.
I left Santo Domingo for Santiago in 2015.
Wish I had done it much sooner as Santiago has more of the good things and less of the bad things in my opinion. I was down in the Capital for Christmas weekend with my ex-wife and her family (we split but stay friends) and 3 days of city was enough for me.
I agree , for me the la capital is only on weekends, two day max.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
Hey guys I am new to town trying to make some close friends. Any Canadians or English speakers want to get together for a few beers and get to know each other? I am a software dev moved down here and working remotely. Thats all I can say right now. Just looking for some chill friends to make some good connections with :)

Stay Safe!
are you buying?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Vancouver is a beautiful city but a little too cold for me. Closest I've been would be Seattle back in January 2005.
I left Santo Domingo for Santiago in 2015.
Wish I had done it much sooner as Santiago has more of the good things and less of the bad things in my opinion. I was down in the Capital for Christmas weekend with my ex-wife and her family (we split but stay friends) and 3 days of city was enough for me.
Vancouver has warmer winters than NYC but cooler summers(usually) I prefer Santiago to Santo Domingo. Easier to drive around, somewhat less dangerous, and less Chaos. Santiago is just as hot but less humid than Santo Domingo.

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Nope.... not for a Cdn to say....... we look down on US English....bastardized
Oh please.
The only thing in Canada that differs (besides some expressions) is that words derived from France maintain some British nuances like colour or centre.
But for the most part the connection to British English has been dropped
Example: Canada uses US spellings of most words like "curb,” “tire” and “aluminum,” rather than the British spellings “kerb,” “tyre” and “aluminium.”

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hey guys I am new to town trying to make some close friends. Any Canadians or English speakers want to get together for a few beers and get to know each other? I am a software dev moved down here and working remotely. Thats all I can say right now. Just looking for some chill friends to make some good connections with :)

Stay Safe!
Do you mean U.K. English speakers or English speakers in general?