Any good Cardiologists in Santo Domingo for 9 year old?

james4u

Jun 5, 2021
Santo Domingo
Hello All!,

My 9 year old son keeps complaining of chest pains. We have taken him to Cedimat (Dr. Angel Maria Vasquez) where she diagnosed the issue as growth ,muscle related. furthermore, she stated his heart looked very healthy and he could run a marathon.

For a second opinion we took him to Grupo Medico Naco (Dr. Ana Leticia Lopez) where she monitored his heart for 24 hours with a Holter Monitor. She diagnosed him with the following exact translated statement:
Cardiovascular evaluation within normal core limits structurally and functionally normal. Sinus bradycardia
We are now looking for a third opinion since his chest pain continues, can anybody recommend a good cardiologist in the country? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Hello All!,

My 9 year old son keeps complaining of chest pains. We have taken him to Cedimat (Dr. Angel Maria Vasquez) where she diagnosed the issue as growth ,muscle related. furthermore, she stated his heart looked very healthy and he could run a marathon.

For a second opinion we took him to Grupo Medico Naco (Dr. Ana Leticia Lopez) where she monitored his heart for 24 hours with a Holter Monitor. She diagnosed him with the following exact translated statement:

We are now looking for a third opinion since his chest pain continues, can anybody recommend a good cardiologist in the country? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Only replying as you state "in the country", so outside of the capital is also fine.

I don't really have to what to compare, but just mentioning that we've taken our 4 year old to HOMS to cardiologist/pediatric doctor twice recently (only to get authorization for procedures, not due to a condition itself) and we were happy with the service. But as said, I don't really have a comparison point. If you go to the information desk at the entrance, they most likely give the names of two cardiologists and this one is the one working on the 3rd floor.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Medicina Cardiovascular Asociada
Calle Rafael Augusto Sánchez No. 4, Torre Medicalnet B,
3er. Nivel, Piantini, Santo Domingo, República Dominicana.
Calle Fantino Falco No. 24, Edificio J. Báez,
3er. Nivel, Naco, Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
TEL | (809) 566-8000
CORREO ELECTRÓNICO | info@mca.com.do
WEB | www.mca.com.do

Dr Pedro Urena