Any helpful Facts...street smarts...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
No need tooooo

get over urself, stop kissing ass

Judging by your responses, you have not won me over.

"Vete adonde el sol no brilla"

Now go get some practice on your Spanish and manners!!!!!!!

I can be very low key at times but do not get me started.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It may not have made sense to you when HB said

the fare was RD$20 pesos and not $1 because YOU paid $1......
however, from one Canadian to another let me set you straight.....

just because YOU paid $1 shows how much you have to learn and how quickly you WILL be taken advantage of!!!

The price of a motoconcho IS RD$20 pesos!

Has been for at least the last couple of years ......SO, pay attention when someone who has lived in the country for many years and has thousands of posts on this board tells you something!

Get your brain and your attitude out of your sorry A$$ and PAY ATTENTION or you won't last six days let alone six months here!!:eek:gre:

Last edited:

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
well first off the moto honcho THE HOTEL and the eomplyees told me do not pay more than 30 PESOS so maybe the prices DID change
but thanks for your "advice"

the fare was RD$20 pesos and not $1 because YOU paid $1......
however, from one Canadian to another let me set you straight.....

just because YOU paid $1 shows how much you have to learn and how quickly you WILL be taken advantage of!!!

The price of a motoconcho IS RD$20 pesos!

Has been for at least the last couple of years ......SO, pay attention when someone who has lived in the country for many years and has thousands of posts on this board tells you something!

Get your brain and your attitude out of you sorry A$$ and PAY ATTENTION or you won't last six day let alone six months here!!:eek:gre:

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
You're acting stressed, and you're spouting off at people who could care less about you (really)--don't waste the energy, just focus on getting yourself there. And please have a back-up plan to come if things don't work out, that is my number 1 piece of advice.

My number 2 piece of advice is get to know Dr1ers who live in the country. HB and MommC both live there! Their wisdom is priceless, so work on gettting on their good side and perhaps you will reap the benefits of their hard-won experiences.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
well first off the moto honcho THE HOTEL and the eomplyees told me do not pay more than 30 PESOS so maybe the prices DID change
but thanks for your "advice"

What is a moto honcho?
Why are you challenging someone that lives in DR and just might know more than you? Do you get along with anybody?

tambo'

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes Miss GRINGA..........

They DID change because 'GRINGA'S ALWAYS pay more!:D

However if you expect to 'make' it here you'd best learn quickly how to be Dominican! That means NOT paying more than 20 pesos!!:bored:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Que te valla bien

thanks i dont need to practice my spanish, i htink with what i have now is just fine
mind your buisness and dont support pointless comments when you dont know me

This is a public forum so your business will be eveyone's. Do not post anymore if you do not want anyone to know your biz.

Now everyone knows where you will be working. What you will be doing, and MOST OF ALL, how much of a snob u are.

I am out, MISS THING!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Waste of breath MG........

My number 2 piece of advice is get to know Dr1ers who live in the country. HB and MommC both live there! Their wisdom is priceless, so work on gettting on their good side and perhaps you will reap the benefits of their hard-won experiences.

Miss November is obviously one of those self righteous French Canadians that think they're so superior to the rest of us that you can't tell them anything. They're ignorance is so outrageous that everyone can see it but they really haven't a clue how clueless they really are......,.

I'm outta here and I'd advise anyone else reading Miss November's threads to read the second paragraph VERY careful and place her threads on their 'ignore' lists 'cause this is one gal who's going to take a very hard tumble when reality hits her over the head with a ton of coconus!:bunny:

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
shows how much u knw
get over urself with your know it all attitude first off im nto even freaking french get a life , and get over yourselv, I COME FROM A FREAKING POOR COUNTRY and had to live in the "barrio" so before u think your a psychic know it all, judge yourself before you judge others
im out

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Miss November is obviously one of those self righteous French Canadians that think they're so superior to the rest of us that you can't tell them anything. They're ignorance is so outrageous that everyone can see it but they really haven't a clue how clueless they really are......,.

I'm outta here and I'd advise anyone else reading Miss November's threads to read the second paragraph VERY careful and place her threads on their 'ignore' lists 'cause this is one gal who's going to take a very hard tumble when reality hits her over the head with a ton of coconus!:bunny:

That was not nice at all, French canadians are not worst than any other Canadian Thank you!

A

apostropheman

i think we should start a pool based on when Miz N. leaves the DR...in a huff :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

since the new job apparently begins on December 12 i bet (not for money but just a "friendly" wager) that she'll be trying, desperately, to buy a ticket home before xmas...and the only reason she won't be long gone from the DR is because, against all advice, she does not have a return ticket and they'll be both scarce and incredibly expensive during the holiday season.

...but my bet is that by December 21st Miz N. will be ticket shopping (if not already on a plane home). :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No French Canadians are not any worse than any other Canadian...

That was not nice at all, French canadians are not worst than any other Canadian Thank you!

But the self righteous know it all ones are just as bad as the self righteous know it all ENGLISH Canadians (and yes I know both).

Reading all the replies from Miss ??? especially those from DR1er's who really DO know something and her having said she was from Quebec I WRONGLY assumed she was French Canadian.......

Guess she's just one of those super intelligent people that are so full of themselves they can't fathom that someone might know more than them, especially when their experience (that they have SOOOOOoooo much of) is different than that of the person who has replied to their post.;)

Am I forgiven now???:cheeky:

A

apostropheman

think of us as a mirror :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
yeah they do that here they like to pick on people and insult them, specially when they dont know who we are
get used to it here
youll find rarely nice poeple. i already know my list of nice ones, start making yours

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
not really because you are still stating that your an IGNORANT person who stamps people just cuz there from quebec as frnech canadians, i dont know but if you knew this...ALOT OF PEOPLE IMMIGRATE TO CANADA did u know??
NOT ONLY FRENCH CANADIANS live in canada!
god.. i am getting bored with you already
But the self righteous know it all ones are just as bad as the self righteous know it all ENGLISH Canadians (and yes I know both).

Reading all the replies from Miss ??? especially those from DR1er's who really DO know something and her having said she was from Quebec I WRONGLY assumed she was French Canadian.......

Guess she's just one of those super intelligent people that are so full of themselves they can't fathom that someone might know more than them, especially when their experience (that they have SOOOOOoooo much of) is different than that of the person who has replied to their post.;)

Am I forgiven now???:cheeky: