Any helpful Facts...street smarts...

A

apostropheman

sorry sunshine but i wouldn't be interested in funding your adventure....but i will be watching to see when you've had enough. places like the DR eat the ignorant for breakfast.
are you not going to accept your own challenge? are we betting or not
we dont have to do it with money if your scared
...and it wasn't a challenge, per se, although i'm sure you won't last very long :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
sad sad sad, its ok :) people like you give me a reason to be happy, knowing i didint turn out like you :) should have place a bet if u were gonna back out of it in the first place, money or not
ill see u in 6 months bucko

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The only reason I can think why the mods haven't banned this ill-mannered, moronic little troll, is that they're mesmerised by the sight of someone digging, digging, digging themselves into oblivion.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I feel bad for her, it's like watching a child walking toward the highway and they can't hear you screaming about the dangers.

It's sad but what can do we? We'll never hear from her again if she does come home. Not to prove anything but just to know she's ok and if she was lied to about wages, living quarters etc.

A

apostropheman

not to mention giving her all the rope she needs to hang herself :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
The only reason I can think why the mods haven't banned this ill-mannered, moronic little troll, is that they're mesmerised by the sight of someone digging, digging, digging themselves into oblivion.
i can see all of Miz N's threads being closed in the not too distant future...just a quess :laugh:

they're confusing and conflicting and contain mostly arguments and are of no real help...except as an example of how not to approach a new country and how not to ask for assistance...they're shining examples of "how not to..." :)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
This is just "WOW" I can't believe the attitude coming from this poor little girl. I've seen things like this before on other forums and usually they are started by a sock puppet that has the full intention of causing drama.

Hmmm, I wonder if Miss. N is a sock?

Miss N, all I've ever seen in your threads are people "TRYING" to be helpful to you and for the most part their advice makes sense however, and this is a big however.... Your attitude that you show when said advice is given is totally unbelievable. You said you are going to be working in the tourist trade... with people? Right? Wow, I wish you luck. With your attitude you won't last 6 days never mind 6 months.

Let me give you some advice please. You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Please try to be a little more humble and less combative. I am sure you would be a lot less stressed and a lot more happy and people wouldn't perceive you as a spoiled little brat.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

Take care.

Last edited:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Miss November -

I suggest two books to read before your flight, and in this order-

1) "How to win friends and influence people" -

2) "Quisqueya - Mad Dogs & Englishman"

You are going to need all the help you can get. I just wish the management of the hotel that you will be working at were reading this, you are the epitome of disaster for any type of PR work!

Please do clarify a point tho - you said you were hired by the hotel, but in your blog you said you have been hired by a tour company as a destination rep - so which is it ?

It truly is a shame that you "bit the hands of the people who feed you" meaning that a DR1 network of people in this country would have been a wise idea. It is a good thing you know everything after just visiting once or twice, because you are definitely on your own now.

Marlie

A

apostropheman

kool!

i bet 9 days
you bet 6

anyone else? :)
This is just "WOW" I can't believe the attitude coming from this poor little girl. I've seen things like this before on other forums and usually they are started by a sock puppet that has the full intention of causing drama.

Hmmm, I wonder if Miss. N is a sock?

Miss N, all I've ever seen in your threads are people "TRYING" to be helpful to you and for the most part their advice makes sense however, and this is a big however.... Your attitude that you show when said advice is given is totally unbelievable. You said you are going to be working in the tourist trade... with people? Right? Wow, I wish you luck. With your attitude you won't last 6 days never mind 6 months.

Let me give you some advice please. You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Please try to be a little more humble and less combative. I am sure you would be a lot less stressed and a lot more happy and people wouldn't preserve you as a spoiled little brat.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

Take care.

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
im sooo tired and bored of you people making fun of me and telling me i ma spoiled brat because i dont listen to the << advice> you are giving me, get over urselves some of your <<advices SUCK>> learn to accept it and move on, as i said previously just because it doesnt go YOUR way doesnt mean its not right.
and thanks for the book referals i dont need any! i have been a profesional in the p.r industry and i know how to handle people, again with the << i know you better than you know urself attitude>> looks like your on a great road to nothing ness
dont worry about me ill be fine
i guess i dont realy get along with the << older crowd> in these forums ha
im out of the office
buh bye

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And you're majoring in psychology and human behaviour? Was behaving like this part of the course?

A

apostropheman

"don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out!"
im sooo tired and bored of you people making fun of me and telling me i ma spoiled brat because i dont listen to the << advice> you are giving me, get over urselves some of your <<advices suck="">> learn to accept it and move on, as i said previously just because it doesnt go YOUR way doesnt mean its not right.
and thanks for the book referals i dont need any! i have been a profesional in the p.r industry and i know how to handle people, again with the << i know you better than you know urself attitude>> looks like your on a great road to nothing ness
dont worry about me ill be fine
i guess i dont realy get along with the << older crowd> in these forums ha
im out of the office
buh bye

</advices>

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Let's recap.....

Miss November (did I get that right) has by her own admission been to the DR 2 X.

She has told us she lacks funds and is 'seriously screwed' because she is leaving earlier than she expected to.

She is going to buy a laptop.

she speaks English, French and Spanish,plus two others she didn't mention ({quote}hey guys
i called the embassy 4 times, and spoke to 4 diff people, 2 in spanish and 2 in french and they all told me the same thing, that canadian citezens dont need a return ticket
and n questions will be asked... i also called the airlines, and they said the same thing)

She "knows" she doesn't need a return ticket (see above, also I didn't reply to those threads but from experience 'sometimes you do and sometimes you don't - so she could be correct on this one).

She "knows" motoconcho fare is RD$30 pesos. (no matter what HB and I said the hotel staff 'told' her so!)

She has two blackberry's so one of them will definitely work!!;)

She'll have CAN$400 per month in wages plus commissions from her job (care to mention how much you made in commissions in the DR anyone?? Anna??)

Her food, accomodations and work visa (which doesn't exist) will be covered (and residency takes more than 6 months to aquire).
ahhhh mannnn all this is becomming pretty crazy... ok so just to go over it... i do not need a residency, and i can work legaly there but i would need a work visa, THAT work visa would take 1 - 2 weeks to make, and no blood sample or x ray is needed, i called to find out and they told me i need

-my passport

- my work contract

- and a letter from my boss at the hotel, stating that he did in fact hire me

that is costing 85 $ US and i can do it from canada but it will take longer, or they can do it for me in punta cana wich will be faster and they are paying for it..
hey guys
ok so for your questions, yes they did my visa papers, and yes i have a contract and a copy of it wich i will give to my mother and copy 3 other to keep for myself, the person who hired me is not attracted to me & he is the general manager of bavaro princess hotels,

all the legal issues have been taken care of as well
She's planning on partying

miss december and miss november will party hardy! haha
im moving there next week, depending on the resort your staying, youll have an amaizng time alone or not, either way let me know where youll be staying and well meet up and go discoteking haha
She got a job offer for public relations and guest services but now she'll be working as a tour rep for ??? (which company was it again? I'm a little confused as the resprt seems to be paying for her wages,food,accomodations and work visa/residency but she'll be a tour rep for one of the tour companies making salary plus commissions??)

She gets bored easily!!

Did I miss anything? I think so.......something doesn't add up

Last edited:

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Miss November (did I get that right) has by her own admission been to the DR 2 X.

Did I miss anything? I think so.......something doesn't add up

Nope I think you got most of it. I wish I was going to be there on Dec 12th to greet her at the airport just to see if she is real. Why I might even have bought the Beer for as many DR1s as showed up for the "coming out party" (and I'll bet there would be a bunch)

And also I am dying to see the expression on her face as she walks down the hall in the airport and sees the band playing - which no doubt she will feel is there just for her.

As a fellow Canadian, I am embarrased and for those of you that do not know Canadians (whether French and English), please do not think we are all like this.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Sleeping on a Gua Gua

If she lasts 6-9 days as you suggest she has a big problem. Remember she insists on going without a return tix. She goes out to the airport and needs to contend with space being used by returning Doms from the holidays and tourists (High season). I doubt she will get a tix at any price. If she found a tix she couldn't afford it.

So is the bet how many days to leave the DR or her job? Lets get the facts of the bet right.

Miss N> Santa doesn't visit people living in a gua gua.

N

naturelover

i dont think we should be too quick to judge people by a few ill chosen words on a forum..........and im one culprit of the ill chosen word....its too easy to gang up on people if you know a few people on this board will back you up.
You probably didnt even notice the sarcasm and digs before she flipped....but im sure she feels justified in what she says