Any one buy a car in POP

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
We have only bought them in Moca but hate the trip. If there is a good dealer of GOOD IMPORTED cars in POP would be wonderful.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am a fair shade tree mechanic but I would never risk buying a car by myself in the DR.
I have seen the way in which old high mileage dogs can be transferred into low miles gems in the DR.
Dominicans are experts in the transformation and there are no laws to protect you from fraud.
Some folks get lucky and both Toyotas and Nissans are the cars of choice in the DR

A guy who used to post here has a small biz helping buy cars here.
Reputable and knows his stuff.
His email has been posted here recently.
Screen name on dr1 was Gorgon.
Good luck

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you want to contact him - Gorgon - PM me

He is doing a bang-up business these days.....
I have used him twice.... w/ great results..... and many others have too

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
We have only bought them in Moca but hate the trip. If there is a good dealer of GOOD IMPORTED cars in POP would be wonderful.

What other's say about Gorgon, I would go with that advise. We did purcahse our vehicle a few years ago from a dealership in POP but only due to someone we know. I would certainly not just walk into a dealership and exit with a new vehicle here...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I bought my suv here in POP from a dealership. Have 5 months waiting for the title to process.. is this common?

I'm not an expert here, but our title, from the contract to the moment when I was given the new matricula, was ready in a matter of a few days.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I bought my suv here in POP from a dealership. Have 5 months waiting for the title to process.. is this common?
Dealers sometimes wait until they have a batch of them to send to process for any number of reasons.

I can tell you I have bought and sold many vehicles here and I can do the process from start to finish in a day. 2 days tops.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
took about a month. The dealer wanted to wait for at least 3 to make it worthwhile. Five months for the matricula seems excessive to me.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I think that Gordon is in POP. I used him to find a car for me and was very satisfied, he knows cars and the DR business. I would use his service again.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you're selling..... it behooves you to get your name off the title....

My seller did the transfer for me ( I paid the fees)....
Had the title back in Cabrera in less than a week

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you're selling..... it behooves you to get your name off the title....

My seller did the transfer for me ( I paid the fees)....
Had the title back in Cabrera in less than a week
That's the way I handle my transactions. If the buyer or seller doesn't agree, it doesn't happen. I pay for everything except the tax.
My lawyer and my driver do the whole process from start to finish. If the other party wants to tag along, fine with me.
The buy also has to clearly understand there is a tax to be paid when the matricula is put in their name.
Nobody is going to drive a vehicle around registered to me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No. That sounds like a problem. Several weeks at most is all it took for two used cars that we purchased in POP. Not several months.