Any one using a firestic in the DR?

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Yes the newer Fire Stick lite don't have the Developer's menu activated by default as its prior version did. They now work just like a regular android phone. To activate the Developer's menu you go to about and click several times on the device's name (Fire Stick Lite in this case) until a message pops up notifying that the Developer's menu is activated.
View attachment 5888
Then you get this:

View attachment 5889
After this you can proceed with installation as usual. If this doesn't work for some reason then you'll need to access the hidden developer's tool menu which is a much more complicated affair. A google search with the following term: Fire Stick developer tool hidden menu, should get you a couple of tutorials on how to activated it.

Had to redo post, I left personal info on one of the screen shots.
I do think you will need to go even further because as you can see in developer options, on your capture that only adb connections is avaiable to be altered, you need to be able to "allow unknown sources."

I just googled how to get to the menu, but I don't know what to do once you're in it being as though i don't have a firestick.

Remote Control: If you will be using a remote, then press and hold buttons DOWN and CENTER for five seconds. Then, release the buttons. After that, press the button MENU.

Once youre in, look around for something to enable unknown sources. once you enable the right thing, then unknown sources should appear somewhere in the developer options.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I do think you will need to go even further because as you can see in developer options, on your capture that only adb connections is avaiable to be altered, you need to be able to "allow unknown sources."

I just googled how to get to the menu, but I don't know what to do once you're in it being as though i don't have a firestick.

Remote Control: If you will be using a remote, then press and hold buttons DOWN and CENTER for five seconds. Then, release the buttons. After that, press the button MENU.

Once youre in, look around for something to enable unknown sources. once you enable the right thing, then unknown sources should appear somewhere in the developer options.
Yes Install from unknow sources is there under Developer Options on my Fire Stick Lite. That is how I've install Kodi and other software.
1656447477164.png

Reactions: gregvolt

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
To get into this menu (I really was avoiding this) first press the Home button
1656449592259.png
then press the select button once the select button
1656449680081.png
(the center) then press and hold select plus down for 5 seconds
1656449852779.png
indicated by the two white dots. Then press the menu button
1656450392832.png
immediately after releasing select and down. You should be rewarded with the following screen.

1656450093205.png

Reactions: gregvolt